Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Anyone for a meet up in ChCh?

Anyone for a meet up in ChCh?

Old Nov 29th 2010, 3:00 am
Just Joined

sarah3 is just really nicesarah3 is just really nicesarah3 is just really nicesarah3 is just really nicesarah3 is just really nicesarah3 is just really nicesarah3 is just really nicesarah3 is just really nice
Smile Anyone for a meet up in ChCh?

Hi, we have been back in ChCh for a couple of years now and are still working on making friends! A bit about us....I am 43, Hubbie (kiwi) 45 and fabulous son is 6 going on 25. Hubbie does the homeschooling and I freelance sometimes. We live beside the Heathcote River in Woolston, have a couple of friendly dogs, enjoy going out on our boat or our campervan, and getting out fishing on the Waimak whenever we can. I would love to get to know and share stories with a few expats so was wondering if anyone fancied a cup of tea sometime? Welcome at ours or wherever! ps all ages and situations very welcome to drop me a line. Chat soon!
Old Nov 29th 2010, 6:09 am
Just Joined

KayeG is just really niceKayeG is just really niceKayeG is just really niceKayeG is just really niceKayeG is just really niceKayeG is just really niceKayeG is just really niceKayeG is just really nice
Post Re: Anyone for a meet up in ChCh?

Hi Sarah
I'm new to the site - tho' not to the town
I'm looking to meet new people who understand where I'm coming from - culturally. It would be great to share a cuppa with you. I'm in Spreydon. Thursdays or weekend best for me.

Cheers
Kaye
Old Nov 29th 2010, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

Tray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Anyone for a meet up in ChCh?

Hi Sarah,
I'm in sumner if you ever fancy walking your dog on beach with a coffee give us a pm, i'm often on beach walking mine....in mi' forties too
Old Nov 30th 2010, 4:52 am
Just Joined

sarah3 is just really nicesarah3 is just really nicesarah3 is just really nicesarah3 is just really nicesarah3 is just really nicesarah3 is just really nicesarah3 is just really nicesarah3 is just really nice

Originally Posted by KayeG
Hi Sarah
I'm new to the site - tho' not to the town
I'm looking to meet new people who understand where I'm coming from - culturally. It would be great to share a cuppa with you. I'm in Spreydon. Thursdays or weekend best for me.

Cheers
Kaye
Great Kaye thanks for replying....when I work out how to PM I will get in touch to sort something out...
Old Nov 30th 2010, 4:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Tray
Hi Sarah,
I'm in sumner if you ever fancy walking your dog on beach with a coffee give us a pm, i'm often on beach walking mine....in mi' forties too
Hi Tray, thanks for replying....again when I crack how to PM I will be in touch, I hope your dog likes some boisterous playmates!
Old Nov 30th 2010, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

we got 4 dogs your welcome anytime

Neil
Old Dec 1st 2010, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

Tray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sarah3
Hi Tray, thanks for replying....again when I crack how to PM I will be in touch, I hope your dog likes some boisterous playmates!
Sparky by name Sparky by nature
Old Dec 1st 2010, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

He,s a cracking little dog, keeps winding my Staffie up
Old Dec 1st 2010, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

auw thanks...he so loves being part of a pack, was attacked by a staffie when he was a pup (probably asked for it) so is a bit wary... also he knows Caleb & m'self have a soft spot for your Frankie
Old Dec 6th 2010, 5:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
we got 4 dogs your welcome anytime

Neil
So whereabouts are you guys? What kinds of doggies do you have...and are they up for some boisterous fun with my collie cross who is like an ever-ready bunny most of the time?? The foxy cross is more laid back thank goodness!
Old Dec 6th 2010, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

We are in Mandeville we have 2 collies (one,s a merle) a German Shepard and a Staffie they are all fine with other dogs and kids

Neil
Old Dec 6th 2010, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

lovely dogs they are too, like their owners very friendly & welcomimg
Old Dec 10th 2010, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

yorkylass is a jewel in the roughyorkylass is a jewel in the roughyorkylass is a jewel in the roughyorkylass is a jewel in the roughyorkylass is a jewel in the rough

Hi all

We are moving to ChCh middle of January and would love to meet up with you all. We are in our 40s with 3 kids, 18, 8 and 5.
Not sure where will be living, the company my husband will be working for will put us up for the first 8 weeks whilst we look for rental accommodation. Been looking at Sumner, Mount Pleasant and that side of town, but would welcome any comments and suggestions regarding good schools and nice places to live.

All help much appreciated.

Thanks
Andrea x
Old Dec 13th 2010, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Hi there,

Good luck with ure move you'll have to pm me once your'e settled...i'm in Sumner it's great around here lots of lovely waliks, plenty of local beaches, good eateries, within walking distance, great community feel, great primary school

Secodary school for this area is Linwood which has a bit of a shakey reputation so most kids from sumner who don't go there tend to go to a variety of different schools, eg Cashmere, Shirleys....

Ous son will hopefully be going to Unlimited next year which is bang in the centre and has no catchment area

Sumner,Redcliffs,Mt Pleasant, and surrounding areas are all great places to live close to the beach only 20 mins from christchurch business district,Lytlleton is quite a funky place with a great farmers market...these are the only areas i know thus far...hope this helps, ttfn Tray
Old Dec 14th 2010, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

yorkylass is a jewel in the roughyorkylass is a jewel in the roughyorkylass is a jewel in the roughyorkylass is a jewel in the roughyorkylass is a jewel in the rough

Thanks Tray

Good to know that some of our homework has paid off regarding nice places to live with a family.

Really excited about our move

Andrea

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.