Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Anyone living in the Bay of Plenty

Anyone living in the Bay of Plenty

Old Mar 2nd 2006, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

Squidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really nice
Default Anyone living in the Bay of Plenty

Hi people

We have settled in Papamoa, returning to hubby's home of NZ, he was an Aucklander, well someone has to be !!!

We love living down here but I am really finding it difficult finding a job, I was a sales rep back in the UK for 15 years and a lot of the jobs I apply for here say you need to be based in Auckland ??? Does anyone out there have any experience with this ??? We do NOT want to live to Auckland.

Other than the job front I love it here in NZ, and the weather is great !! I hear it has been snowing back in the UK, Brrrrrrrrrrrr

If anyone based in the Bay wants to meet up let us know there are a few of us Ex PAts down here that will always be up for a few sherberts !!!
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 12:12 pm

scottish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone living in the Bay of Plenty

You have picked a great spot but unfortunately, as with my experience of finding a job there and also my mates it is hard. The main reason being and this was told to us by various locals is you dont come from this area, and they didnt mean NZ they meant the BOP. It is a great place to stay but very perochial (sp). My line of work is admin and my mate is a teacher. it took her 8 months to find a job there and it ended up being a relief teacher.

Keep plugging away you will get there, I did.

Sorry though we cant meet up but we are no longer in the BOP. CAn recommend though a very good Indian, Chippie and Chinese lol
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 2:14 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sharronemery
Hi people

We have settled in Papamoa, returning to hubby's home of NZ, he was an Aucklander, well someone has to be !!!

We love living down here but I am really finding it difficult finding a job, I was a sales rep back in the UK for 15 years and a lot of the jobs I apply for here say you need to be based in Auckland ??? Does anyone out there have any experience with this ??? We do NOT want to live to Auckland.

Other than the job front I love it here in NZ, and the weather is great !! I hear it has been snowing back in the UK, Brrrrrrrrrrrr

If anyone based in the Bay wants to meet up let us know there are a few of us Ex PAts down here that will always be up for a few sherberts !!!
Born and bred at the Mount.
My family all work for themselves - I used to drive to Auckland to work (well the northern side of the Bombay hills. Back n the days where the drive (legally) still took 4 hours. You probably take for granted alot of the straights now in existence.

What were you reping for in the UK? Did you go to the Papamoa pub for New Years? Oh I'm getting home sick. What does your partner do?

Have you tried Te Puke? Rotorua? Hamilton? - Ah Fonterra is hiring in Hamilton.

Maybe I can find out further info for you.

Agree with you not wanting to live in Auckland - its a dump. At least the Bombay hills stops alot of them getting out.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

Squidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really nice

Hi there

I was a sales consultant for a flooring manufacturer, in the commercial sector ie seeing architectects, end users and construction companies. Have been doing that for 15 years or so but when I ame over here I thought I would have a change for a number of reasons:

1. The route to market is here is different and the manufacturers use flooring contractors to seell their product

2. My hubby is in the same industry and he has a job with a flooring contractor already so there would be a conflict of interest.

So I have applied for selling anything and everything; either I am too qualified and they think I will get bored and leave or I do not have specific product knowledge. To me if you can sell a pen you can sell an apple but eh !!

I love the Bay I already had friends down here that's why we selected it but I have no transport at the moment apart from bicycle and the buses and playing housewife when I am used to being a career girl and I want and need to work.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Sharron

Originally Posted by thebears
Born and bred at the Mount.
My family all work for themselves - I used to drive to Auckland to work (well the northern side of the Bombay hills. Back n the days where the drive (legally) still took 4 hours. You probably take for granted alot of the straights now in existence.

What were you reping for in the UK? Did you go to the Papamoa pub for New Years? Oh I'm getting home sick. What does your partner do?

Have you tried Te Puke? Rotorua? Hamilton? - Ah Fonterra is hiring in Hamilton.

Maybe I can find out further info for you.

Agree with you not wanting to live in Auckland - its a dump. At least the Bombay hills stops alot of them getting out.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 5:38 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there

I was a sales consultant for a flooring manufacturer, in the commercial sector ie seeing architectects, end users and construction companies. Have been doing that for 15 years or so but when I ame over here I thought I would have a change for a number of reasons:

1. The route to market is here is different and the manufacturers use flooring contractors to seell their product

2. My hubby is in the same industry and he has a job with a flooring contractor already so there would be a conflict of interest.

So I have applied for selling anything and everything; either I am too qualified and they think I will get bored and leave or I do not have specific product knowledge. To me if you can sell a pen you can sell an apple but eh !!

I love the Bay I already had friends down here that's why we selected it but I have no transport at the moment apart from bicycle and the buses and playing housewife when I am used to being a career girl and I want and need to work.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Sharron
Hi Sharron
Have asked around and have had a request for your CV - Can you please send me a private message to discuss?
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

Hi ya

Thanks for reply, send us an e-mail on

and I can reply with details required, what is the job if you don't mind me asking ?

Thanks again Sharron

Hi Sharron
Have asked around and have had a request for your CV - Can you please send me a private message to discuss?

Last edited by Sue; Mar 4th 2006 at 1:27 pm. Reason: Email address removed to protect privacy - You don't want spam bots picking up your address. Send contact info via PM.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 8:16 am
Melbourne Australia

Hi ya

Thanks for reply, send us an e-mail on

and I can reply with details required, what is the job if you don't mind me asking ?

Thanks again Sharron
Do not know specifics - have alot of family & friends througout the area and one has asked to see your CV.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Do not know specifics - have alot of family & friends througout the area and one has asked to see your CV.
Do you have any family or friends that are in the know of nursing posts in the area.
Old Mar 4th 2006, 5:45 am
Melbourne Australia

Originally Posted by Boopy
Do you have any family or friends that are in the know of nursing posts in the area.
What area of nursing have you experience in?
Old Mar 4th 2006, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

What area of nursing have you experience in?
I have experience in 2 specialities and so different. Oncology/Chemotherapy & Drug & Alcohol.
Old Mar 5th 2006, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

kathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant future

Hi people

Hi,

I also live in Papamoa - been here nearly 2 months now. I'm a stay at home mum to 3 boys - eldest just turned 4. Any adult company and conversation welcome. Send me a message if you fancy meeting up at all.

Hope something comes up on the job front for you soon.
Bye for now

Kathryn
Old Mar 5th 2006, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Kathryn

If you have regular e-mail send us your address and I'll get in contact.

<snip out email addy>

Yes I hope something comes up work wise too, I take it you have just emigrated ? Or have you moved from Auckland ? What does hubby do ? 3 boys under 4 you must be a saint !!!

We just brought out dog with us, no kids.

Hubby is a kiwi, from Nth Shore Auckland, although born in the UK, we arrived December.

Sharron

Originally Posted by kathm
Hi,

I also live in Papamoa - been here nearly 2 months now. I'm a stay at home mum to 3 boys - eldest just turned 4. Any adult company and conversation welcome. Send me a message if you fancy meeting up at all.

Bye for now

Kathryn

Last edited by BEVS; Aug 20th 2007 at 11:23 am.
Old Mar 5th 2006, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

Herm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kathm
Hi,

Bye for now

Kathryn
Hi Kathryn - Time really does fly and hadn't realised you'd made the jump already. How are you finding it so far?
Old Mar 7th 2006, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

kathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Herm
Hi Kathryn - Time really does fly and hadn't realised you'd made the jump already. How are you finding it so far?
Hi Herm,

We're loving it here. It is exactly what I hoped it would be like. The hardest thing for me is the fact that I haven't got anyone to help or offer support with the kids, and they are very full on!!! I've met several people but obviously it takes time to make the kind of friends you feel you can call on whenever etc. But I'm sure it will come with time.

Bye for now

Kathryn
Old Mar 7th 2006, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

nickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant future

Hi Kathryn

If you have regular e-mail send us your address and I'll get in contact.

[email protected]

Yes I hope something comes up work wise too, I take it you have just emigrated ? Or have you moved from Auckland ? What does hubby do ? 3 boys under 4 you must be a saint !!!

We just brought out dog with us, no kids.

Hubby is a kiwi, from Nth Shore Auckland, although born in the UK, we arrived December.

Sharron
Hi

Can you tell me about your experienece with your dog. we hope to move over to BOP with our Old English Sheepdog and would appreciate any advice/tips rough costs etc.

Nick and Charlie

Last edited by nickcharliepark; Mar 7th 2006 at 9:49 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.