Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Anyone live in Tauranga

Anyone live in Tauranga

Old Jan 24th 2009, 11:10 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone live in Tauranga

Originally Posted by Ash1
Its taken us 5 rentals to find where we want to be but some people find it straight away.

Good luck
Ash
That's coz you're such an old fuss pot ...
Old Jan 25th 2009, 3:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Hokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
I thought Boscabel came under Ohauiti anyway - not Welcome Bay? .
Many locals seem to refer to that whole area as Welcome Bay. I have seen Boscabel plonked into either Welcome Bay / Ohauiti. It causes endless confusion !
Old Jan 25th 2009, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

marbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nice

I tend to igree that maybe renting in papamoa to start with would be the best option but i also wanted to have information about other parts so that we could consider those if there was a suitable rental there as well. Surely there is a problem with getting children into schools if it is zones and then once you've got them into one you are stuck then. I really want them to be able to walk to school like they do over here. So my aim will be to have a few areas to look at to narrow down our search and then decide rather than be faced with the whole area at once.
I really appreciate all your comments, thanks for them and any more that you make
Old Jan 25th 2009, 7:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Ash1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
That's coz you're such an old fuss pot ...

Oi, less of the old!!!!
I`m a sensitive fuss pot
Ash
First time i`ve used one of those wubs loolah and its all your fault oh my god i cant stop thats it i`m gonna go get
Old Jan 26th 2009, 6:20 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by marbles
I tend to igree that maybe renting in papamoa to start with would be the best option but i also wanted to have information about other parts so that we could consider those if there was a suitable rental there as well. Surely there is a problem with getting children into schools if it is zones and then once you've got them into one you are stuck then. I really want them to be able to walk to school like they do over here. So my aim will be to have a few areas to look at to narrow down our search and then decide rather than be faced with the whole area at once.
I really appreciate all your comments, thanks for them and any more that you make
If your boys will be 5 and 8 when you get here there is only 1 Primary School in the Mount and Papamoa that is not zoned and that is Mount Maunganui Primary. The others in the area are zoned and yes that will dictate either where you live or where they go to school. They all seem to have a good reputation and if you find a rental in a zone and want more specifics on the primary school I would suggest you ask again then.

I said before about having a look at the Wiki here for Tauranga City Guide as there are some website links to the schools, that may help you narrow your search.

For rentals have a look at

www.eves.co.nz
www.trademe.co.nz
www.realestate.co.nz

Hope this helps.