Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

anyone know of mum&baby groups in Hamilton?

anyone know of mum&baby groups in Hamilton?

Old Mar 31st 2009, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

keeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud of
Default anyone know of mum&baby groups in Hamilton?

Been told there is an organisation called Plunket in NZ offering support advice assistance equipment hire (presume its a bit like the NCT here), I have checked the website out & tried to search for groups that I can join, as Im expecting our first baby in July, and going out there mid May, i thought a group such as mum & baby or the likes would be good to join to meet new people as well. I cant seem to find anything on the Plunket website. Surely there must be some kind of group like this somewhere in Hamilton. It cant be just a UK thing can it?
Old Mar 31st 2009, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

Newfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud of
Default Re: anyone know of mum&baby groups in Hamilton?

Yeah plunket it is. There area few houses around Hamilton not sure what days etc as I dont have kids not got a need for thir services.
I believe they meet at one house on a Thursday morning from what I remember a friend telling me. Just look them up when you get here. They have lots of useful things to hire also like car seats etc, free books at certain ages.

Alos once you get here get registeres with a doctor and get yourself a midwife sorted. Maternity care is different out here compared to uk.
I am meeting with a friend today who had a babay last year, will ask her lots of info for you as we a re both in the Hamilton area.

Goodluck
Old Apr 1st 2009, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

keeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud of
Default Re: anyone know of mum&baby groups in Hamilton?

thanks newfies, very much appreciated