Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Anyone know a "easy" way to process adhoc credit card payments.

Anyone know a "easy" way to process adhoc credit card payments.

Old Feb 26th 2012, 11:42 pm

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone know a "easy" way to process adhoc credit card payments.

We had a wine club tasting last week and sold some wine as a result. The wine club had a order form, on which members submitted their credit card details.

Does anyone know how I can use this information to get paid? I spoke to the bank and it was prohibitively expensive to join one of their merchant schemes.

I thought Paypal would be the way to go. But it does not to appear to be able to accept payments, by me just entering in peoples credit card details.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks!
Old Feb 27th 2012, 5:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone know a "easy" way to process adhoc credit card payments.

There are security issues with the cardholder not being present that you will have difficulty getting around, which is why can't just collect credit card numbers and process payments to your own payal account. However, you can ask people to pay you themselves via Credit card to your paypal account.

i.e. they process the payment to you, or you can in fact send them an invoice from your paypal account which they then pay. Don't forget to factor in the overhead, paypal deduct a good whack in transaction fees.

or

Just give them your bank account and ask them to make direct bank transfer.
Old Feb 27th 2012, 6:40 am
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Rather annoying the paypal's virtual terminal is only available in the US. I use the email invoice methods too, but once I saw the charges I now steer them to bank transfers. It's much more common here than in the UK, so most people are fine with it.
Old Feb 27th 2012, 8:53 pm

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Just been through all the payment clearing companies and it's amazing. You can't do this. I suppose it's meant to be a bit difficult to stop fraud, but jeez it's expensive to have a merchant account up and running.

I think we have a way out. I have just setup a "virtual" store on our Facebook page linked to a paypal account. So I should be able to enter the details through this.

I'll let you know the result!