Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Anyone know a bank with little to no fees please

Anyone know a bank with little to no fees please

Old Apr 14th 2011, 5:01 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Anyone know a bank with little to no fees please

I'm right poxed off with ASB. We get charged for every little thing & it mounts up.

Just recently my husband needed to activate the pin number for his ASB credit card. They couldn't get the blummin' thing to work in their machines to set it up so had to order a new one. They then went and charged us $10 We'll have a moan of course but it;s just another annoyance.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 5:07 am
nik
Forum Regular

nik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone know a bank with little to no fees please

Kiwibank has a free up account with no fees - only been with them a week but all good so far!
Old Apr 14th 2011, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

keeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by nik
Kiwibank has a free up account with no fees - only been with them a week but all good so far!
just switched to kiwibank too for same reason
Old Apr 14th 2011, 7:55 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

We're with ASB and since we switched to no paper statements haven't had to pay them for anything and Hubby KEEPS losing his atm card. Complain, they'll reverse it.

Thing is, they're actually really good customer-service wise. We have our mortgage with Westpac and I'm yet to be convinced that they're actually any good. Too many cock ups.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

Mrbiker is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BEVS
I'm right poxed off with ASB. We get charged for every little thing & it mounts up.

Just recently my husband needed to activate the pin number for his ASB credit card. They couldn't get the blummin' thing to work in their machines to set it up so had to order a new one. They then went and charged us $10 We'll have a moan of course but it;s just another annoyance.
Think Kiwi bank is the only one with no charges, but I just got an ANZ account as there are other benefits like online banking with an account that will incur interest. plus you get a few accounts so you can save for a rainy day fund etc without too much hassle...
I think the fee's are minimal is you pay a yearly fee..
Old Apr 14th 2011, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

chc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Anyone know a bank with little to no fees please

I agree with you Bev, banks rip off the customer big time. I'm with ASB, I do like their customer service but hate paying fees. I think we are on some kind of monthly fee for as many transactions as needed (and my wife needs plenty!!) Changing banks is such as hassle ....
Ask for a better deal. Sometimes a bank will have a better package that they haven't told you about.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

faye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to all

We're with National Bank and have no complaints about them. They charge $5 a month for an account but refund this if you use the account to receive your salary. They also offer extra online accounts including savings accounts free of charge.

We took out a loan with them recently and were told we would incur a fee of $200 to set it up. When we questioned this they decided to not to charge us No arguments, no hassle, we just received a phone call when they putting through the paperwork to say that they would no longer charge the fee!
Old Apr 14th 2011, 10:06 pm
`

Do any of you get charged for using EFTPOS?
Old Apr 14th 2011, 10:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

TSB have no charges at all if you keep more than 5 k in cannot fault the customer service and there is a branch near you in Nelson, ours fell down

Neil
Old Apr 14th 2011, 10:27 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BEVS
Do any of you get charged for using EFTPOS?
Not with Kiwibank unless you use another banks ATM or your credit card. I like Kiwibank, moved back to them from ASB after ASB forced us to move all our banking to them when we took out a mortgage.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute

we have an internet no statement account with Westpac, Debit card, Eftpos, Cc only charge is if we use other banks atm $1 a time
Old Apr 14th 2011, 10:44 pm
`

Cheque book?

Quite a few bods here like to be paid by cheque.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 1:24 am
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute

not had one, either pay into their bank or by cash! so far managed without one!
Old Apr 15th 2011, 1:30 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with ANZ and have just changed my current account to a Go Account which is exactly the same but without the $5 per month fee. I get charged $3 if I need to do anything such as use the cashiers in the bank or deposit a cheque but since I only do that once or twice a year if that then I can live with the fees. No fees on my savings accounts.
Not sure about cheques- we don't have a cheque book and the few times I've needed one I've resorted to 'borrowing' Mr S's credit card in order to pay.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

faye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to all

National Bank has free EFTPOS and allows free withdrawals from National Bank and ANZ atms. They will charge from other banks.

No idea about cheque book though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.