Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Anyone Imported a Caravan

Anyone Imported a Caravan

Old Nov 22nd 2011, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

nick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud of
Default Anyone Imported a Caravan

Hi,
Wondered if anyone had imported a caravan either when moving here or when already here.
If so, who did you use, how much did it cost, what charges did MAF sting you with at this end.
Cannot believe the prices of them out here. $8500 for something i wouldnt put a dog in and would have to think twice about putting the teenagers into.

Many thanks in advance
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone Imported a Caravan

Have a friend in Cambridge who does it all the time, can't help with costs but I know
he makes a good living out of it
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

nick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud of

Hi Justcol,

Dont suppose your friend would like to offer up any of his secrets as to who to use to ship the caravan would he
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

I think most shippers will charge the same as it goes into a container on its own,
try emailing some of the larger used van sellers in blighty, they will also be able to offer advice.

I dont see him much but will try and get a hold of him
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

minky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really nice

Hi there look on the search as there are a few posts on there about importing caravans and some who have done it
Old Nov 24th 2011, 4:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

I havn,t done it but they are a complete bag of shite here buy the best one you can afford in the UK and bring it, I guarantee you will sell it in 10 years for more than you paid for it

Neil
Old Nov 24th 2011, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

A £3000 uk van will sell for at least $20000
Old Nov 24th 2011, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

With the cost of vans out here its a no brainer bringing one from uk. As long as you do your research and can find a decent shipping company at the ukend. Trying to find one is proving the tricky part
Old Nov 24th 2011, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

NZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to behold

Quite hard to sell though when you need to...I have had mine for sale for ages and its quite lovely! And its on a permanent site in the lovely Mangawhai!!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=423626709

Last edited by NZGrl; Nov 24th 2011 at 9:37 pm.