Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Anyone here dreading Christmas?

Anyone here dreading Christmas?

Old Nov 4th 2005, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone here dreading Christmas?

Its just another skint day here, looking at the small amount of toys the kids get and wondering why we came here?
At least they know what poverty feel like now.
So now we have had this experience, can we please have a winning lotto ticket Father Christmas??
Old Nov 4th 2005, 7:06 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear you guys are feeling so down about things.

I for one am looking forward to Christmas, always have done, hopefully always will do so. Guess having small kids helps..
Old Nov 4th 2005, 7:10 am
turkeytickler

Originally Posted by southerner

I for one am looking forward to Christmas, always have done, hopefully always will do so. Guess having small kids helps..
mine is only 4 weeks old so maybe a little too young yet to appreciate!!

Old Nov 4th 2005, 7:16 am

ElizabethC is an unknown quantity at this point

Me too Southerner - I love Xmas... for me ....the smells of the pine tree, Xmas lillies, the nuts and chocolate, the glazed ham, the raspberries, strawberries, the trifle, and the evening bbq. Love it all....
Old Nov 4th 2005, 7:16 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Next year then. Christmas becomes very special when the littlies start to understand it all.
Old Nov 4th 2005, 7:28 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ElizabethC
Me too Southerner - I love Xmas... for me ....the smells of the pine tree, Xmas lillies, the nuts and chocolate, the glazed ham, the raspberries, strawberries, the trifle, and the evening bbq. Love it all....

Lillies always remind me of funerals. Hate the smell too.
Old Nov 4th 2005, 7:36 am
Here in Dunedin

Originally Posted by mumomonty
Lillies always remind me of funerals. Hate the smell too.
Just shows that Christmas means different things to different people, and often its to do with what you have traditionally done. For example, I was amazed when I spent my first Christmas with my wife's family, they did things all different. Sprouts, blamange (sp?), bell ringing, whats that all about then.
Old Nov 4th 2005, 8:34 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

blamange (sp?), bell ringing, whats that all about then.
No idea that just sounds weird!
Old Nov 4th 2005, 8:57 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

This is our last christmas in the uk we are off in january so we wanted it to be a good one... normally i am moaning about the fact that in october the shops have all the tinsel out and light etc but this year it feels nice.
Only problem being all our furniture will have gone and ive nowhere to hide the kids prezzies (i have 5) so that'll be fun...
Just gonna make sure i see everyone and eat drink and be merry !!!

Sue
Old Nov 4th 2005, 9:06 am
turkeytickler

Originally Posted by sky
No idea that just sounds weird!
yeah granted you can take it too far !!

Old Nov 4th 2005, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Not dreading christmas tbh.... just dont what we to expect....seems rather low key here.

Just been to a fireworks display this evening and it seemed strange as it was still daylight and everyone takes masses of food and have picnics on blankets and were drinking wine. When it got dark they started the fireworks and we sat on a blanket staring up at them..... was great not to be freezing my bits off for a change!
Old Nov 4th 2005, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

I much prefer Christmas in NZ, Warm weather, Christmas morning champagne and strawberries, b-que lunch and a walk on the beach.
I hate the fact that Christmas is so hyped up in the UK, the shops are crowded and people feel under pressure to spend so much money.
Give me Christmas on the beach at Taupo or Queenstown anyday.
KAZ
Old Nov 4th 2005, 1:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

I'am not looking forward to Xmas this year. Our house is sold, the buyers want to be in by first week in December?? The shippers have been out for estimates. Everything will have to be packed and stored before shipping out to NZ. We will move in with hubby's mam, in a small 2 bed house, with our suitcases. We've both decided to offer to work Xmas day (we both work in health). His mam goes out for Xmas dinner and we don't want to put on to anyone to have to change their plans. It won't be too comfortable living there as she's not happy with us wanting to move away. Xmas pressies that we've bought are to go into a box with names on, and we'll open them when we've moved, It's something to look forward to after all the upheaval of moving.

Boopy
Old Nov 4th 2005, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

chez is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rascal
Its just another skint day here, looking at the small amount of toys the kids get and wondering why we came here?
At least they know what poverty feel like now.
So now we have had this experience, can we please have a winning lotto ticket Father Christmas??
for some one who is complaining that they have no money like alot of other people on this forum why don't you save some money by getting off of the net and move back to the UK where everything is so much better!! . New zealand might not be the right place for you but it is for many others .So why spend money getting net access when you have not got alot left for other things like more toys
Old Nov 4th 2005, 7:32 pm
Nice Tats

Pompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of light

I am dreading it....those *****ing Reindeer give me all sorts of trouble (that red nosed one is a bastard) ...ive got fit down all those filthy chimneys and all the mince pies they leave me give me the sh*ts...i nearly followed thru last year after the 101st pie..................... anyhoo Ho Ho Ho:scared:

Last edited by Pompey_Paul; Nov 4th 2005 at 8:49 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.