Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Anyone have experience of this? Still not heard from ex re daughter

Anyone have experience of this? Still not heard from ex re daughter

Old Apr 10th 2011, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

florabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone have experience of this? Still not heard from ex re daughter

Hi. We have sent off for police checks, booked the meds, looked out all the paperwork BUT my solicitor has still not heard from my ex to get permission to take my daughter with us. She is 13 and has had no contact with her father for nearly 5 years (her decision) A few birthday cards have arrived but nothing more. He will now have had a reminder from the solicitor and she will arrange a court hearing if we still have heard nothing by mid April. Our deadline for our application is mid July. I have read the thread on step children and it was helpful if a little scary and just wondered if anyone can share their experiences or advice~ would really appreciate this as I am terrified all our plans may be to no avail Thanks Flora
Old Apr 10th 2011, 10:49 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Anyone have experience of this? Still not heard from ex re daughter

Hi. I've tweaked your title to reflect the topic. That way those in the know will be able to spot it easier.
Old Apr 10th 2011, 11:09 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Hi. I've tweaked your title to reflect the topic. That way those in the know will be able to spot it easier.
You're so nice BEVS
Old Apr 10th 2011, 11:25 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
You're so nice BEVS
That's not what the noisy pub manager thinks
Old Apr 12th 2011, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by florabundi
Hi. We have sent off for police checks, booked the meds, looked out all the paperwork BUT my solicitor has still not heard from my ex to get permission to take my daughter with us. She is 13 and has had no contact with her father for nearly 5 years (her decision) A few birthday cards have arrived but nothing more. He will now have had a reminder from the solicitor and she will arrange a court hearing if we still have heard nothing by mid April. Our deadline for our application is mid July. I have read the thread on step children and it was helpful if a little scary and just wondered if anyone can share their experiences or advice~ would really appreciate this as I am terrified all our plans may be to no avail Thanks Flora
Hi Flora, don't know anyone who's been in your exact situation. Your Solicitor should be able to advise you on what is the likely outcome at Court if ex doesn't reply. I'd like to think the Judge would rule in your favour if ex can't even be bothered. But he may say you need to serve the papers in person - not necessarily you, but someone, to prove you tried.
Either way I wish you lots of luck x
Old Apr 12th 2011, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

florabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reply j19fmm, the solicitor reckons it will be ruled in my favour in court but I'm pretty confident the ex would enjoy putting a spanner in the works all the same. Have spoken with our migration advisor today and he has said that we can submit all the other bits of our application and put the permission in later ~ apparently INZ will wait for the court outcome. Really hope this is the case as we have paid out so much to get this far...