Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Anyone in Hamilton???

Anyone in Hamilton???

Old Dec 31st 2005, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

JoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant future
Default Anyone in Hamilton???

Yes, you guessed it, is there anyone in Hamilton??? Me and hubby or shall I say my husband and I, will be arriving in Hamilton in 2 weeks. Hoping to meet up with other ex-pats if possible. Will be staying in a motel until we get our bearings and then hope to rent for a couple of months until our things come from the uk.
Also HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone
Joanna
Old Jan 5th 2006, 2:18 am
Forum Regular

tom's mum will become famous soon enoughtom's mum will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Anyone in Hamilton???

Originally Posted by JoannaD
Yes, you guessed it, is there anyone in Hamilton??? Me and hubby or shall I say my husband and I, will be arriving in Hamilton in 2 weeks. Hoping to meet up with other ex-pats if possible. Will be staying in a motel until we get our bearings and then hope to rent for a couple of months until our things come from the uk.
Joanna
Hi Joanna,

we live in Cambridge, about 25kms away from hamilton. Just a word of warning, there are very few houses to rent that are furnished. The majority are unfurnished. Having said that there is a place in hamilton that rents out furniture, nothing plush, more functional.
Old Feb 14th 2006, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

123donna is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Anyone in Hamilton???

Joanna
Hi Joanna
Hope you arrived safely, how have you found Hamilton? Me and my family(husband & 3 kids,16,12 & 10) are hoping to arrive there later this year.Would like to hear your comments on the area. Cheers Donna
Old Feb 15th 2006, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

JoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant future

so far so good. lovely place, nice area and warm!

Hamilton is a place that was a random choice, but not bad!

keep in touch if you come, we will show you around

Joanna
Old Feb 15th 2006, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

123donna is an unknown quantity at this point

so far so good. lovely place, nice area and warm!

Hamilton is a place that was a random choice, but not bad!

keep in touch if you come, we will show you around

Joanna
Thanks for your reply i will keep in touch and let you know when we are due to arrive do you know anyone in that area? or was it jobs that made you go there?cheers Donna
Old Feb 16th 2006, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

It was quite weird really
I had applied to several schools and Hamilton Girls High was the first school to ring me. I had one or two schools interested in speaking to me, but Hamilton got there first!

Joanna
Old Feb 16th 2006, 7:58 pm
Who me ?

Fireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of light

It was quite weird really
I had applied to several schools and Hamilton Girls High was the first school to ring me. I had one or two schools interested in speaking to me, but Hamilton got there first!

Joanna
How have you found finding a place to rent ?
We'll be out later this year heading to Hamilton and will have to rent to start with....

Ali
Old Feb 17th 2006, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

hi there

we are inj partly furnished accommodation (rented) since our stuff is waiting to be delivered we are looking around for rented accommodation but there is a wide variety of houses and flats available. We stayed in a motel for a few days until we found a flat round the corner.
There are places to avoid, like any city. Will let you know them in detail if you wish nearer the time. Rent is generally ok but if we stay I know we will buy instead of renting

Joanna
Old Feb 17th 2006, 11:56 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Joanna

Glad to hear that you're settling in ok! Hope you don't mind but I've 'fiddled' with your 'ticker' for you and it's now showing on screen instead of just the link...!!
Old Feb 18th 2006, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Pinkie Pie]Hi Joanna

thankyou soooo much. I couldn't work it out what to do!
yes we are settling in, but had a disaster. Hubby in hospital with gall bladder problems. Brilliant service. Many ex-pats in A and E. Had long chats with them. One nurse is on her way back to the UK for a short while. She's not looking forward to it as it's cold.
Joanna