Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Anyone had any trouble from case workers?

Anyone had any trouble from case workers?

Old Mar 1st 2010, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

yjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone had any trouble from case workers?

Hi
I feel very frustrated and don t know which way to turn
Basically we submitted our ITA on the 25th Dec 2009 with job offer. We were assigned a case officer within two weeks, my partner had a colorful past and spent three weeks in a detention centre when he was 15yrs he is 51yrs old now. No criminal past since . In fact before we started the process of immigration we phoned he embassy to check that we would be permitted in NZ. In which the guy at the embassy laughed and stated we are all descended from criminals and said their should not be a problem.
We are both on the top skills listed for wanted occupations.
The case officer stated that she would have to contact the ASPO for confirmation of his past,and she would need to process a criminal waver, No problem we thought, We wrote a letter stating he was of good character and had just got in with a bad crowd when he was a teenager
Now we received an email on Friday the 26th of Feb from the case officer stating she was now waiting for our medicals and she had had confirmation from the ASPO . Well, we all past this with flying colours at our medical and pasted with an "A" according to our immigration Doctor There was no referral and we submitted our medicals on the 25th of Dec. We phoned the embassy on Friday and spoke to another woman to ask what the problem is.
She actually stated that she could not see what the problem was or the delay and basically said if we wanted to take this further we could and she would get back to us. ie complain This was Friday and we are still waiting for a phone call or an e mail
Now today I ve been informed that my job offer in NZ can only be kept for a further 4 weeks.
Feel very low and frustrated now
Any advice?
Jo
Old Mar 1st 2010, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone had any trouble from case workers?

Phone up and tell them about your job situation and they may get their skates on a bit.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 7:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

A juvenille conviction that long ago may delay u whilst u get a character waiver but it should not barr u from entry

Neil
Old Mar 1st 2010, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

jessytsmith is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a brother who was killed while in police custody there.

We do have family there so my hands are tied.
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 12:56 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Phone, fax, email and write to them! I ended up sending in a letter of complaint when I had the longest ever wait between getting the EOi selected and the ITA sent out I couldn't get through on the phone, I'd been given my CO's phone no. but she never answered it or replied to my messages. I was close enough to go into NZ House and ask and kept getting fobbed off. Finally they said I'd definitely hear within 3 days, 2 days after that I sent the letter. I got a response to writing whereas I'd got nothing from emailing or phoning.
Address it to the head of department and explain about the job offer and why you need an answer asap. I found it very frustrating dealing with them because of the lack of answers and the inability to reply when you contact them. And I stayed very patient and calm throughout when dealing with them, much as I felt like screaming at them I felt that would probably jeopardise my application....
Wishing you lots of luck and hope you hear soon!
Sue
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

yjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond repute

This is the problem you want to shout at the them (if you can make contact that is) but you don t want to jeopardize your application by p...... them off.
My employer in NZ phoned last night and she was going to contact the case worker and ask her to speed things up.
But I won t hold my breath.
Our case worker has not even given us her direct phone number just e mail contact. I am told they normally do this as standard. Is this true?
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

Finally heard from the case worker after phoning the call center today and speaking to a supervisor and complaining about the lack of communication. She stated it is going to take a further six weeks !
So I can kiss my job goodbye
She stated she sent us an e mail which surprise we did not receive
What a roller coaster this is. I hope this will all be worth it
Sorry to have a moan, feel very frustrated ,
Now I have to phone NZ employer with the news
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 2:24 pm
Lord of The Pies

teeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to behold

Stick with it - what are the chances your employer can find someone else suitable who can start at 2 weeks notice? Fingers crossed they will exercise a little common sense and see that the easier option is to hold out for that little bit longer. In the mean time, it would do no harm for them to get onto Immigration at their end and give someone a bit of earache about the situation.

Did they explain why it would be taking another 6 weeks? Maybe you should enquire and then go all out to be helpful and assist them in resolving this little issue - possibly in person at NZ House?
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 3:23 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yjx1nt7 View Post
She stated it is going to take a further six weeks !
Sounds like she is trying to kick you into the long grass, probably requires 10mins of time on the file if that.

Ask her to break out what needs to happen in that 6 weeks as with a job offer you should get priority processing....
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 12:14 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

That's one oddball CO you have there.

Speak with your NZ employer and have them phone the NZIS branch manager ( any NZIS branch manager ) stating they need you NOW.

Suggest you arrange a personal appointment at NZIS to iron out why this would take a further 6 weeks.

Sometimes it really makes you wonder
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

bananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by yjx1nt7 View Post
Hi
I feel very frustrated and don t know which way to turn
Basically we submitted our ITA on the 25th Dec 2009 with job offer. We were assigned a case officer within two weeks, my partner had a colorful past and spent three weeks in a detention centre when he was 15yrs he is 51yrs old now. No criminal past since . In fact before we started the process of immigration we phoned he embassy to check that we would be permitted in NZ. In which the guy at the embassy laughed and stated we are all descended from criminals and said their should not be a problem.
We are both on the top skills listed for wanted occupations.
The case officer stated that she would have to contact the ASPO for confirmation of his past,and she would need to process a criminal waver, No problem we thought, We wrote a letter stating he was of good character and had just got in with a bad crowd when he was a teenager
Now we received an email on Friday the 26th of Feb from the case officer stating she was now waiting for our medicals and she had had confirmation from the ASPO . Well, we all past this with flying colours at our medical and pasted with an "A" according to our immigration Doctor There was no referral and we submitted our medicals on the 25th of Dec. We phoned the embassy on Friday and spoke to another woman to ask what the problem is.
She actually stated that she could not see what the problem was or the delay and basically said if we wanted to take this further we could and she would get back to us. ie complain This was Friday and we are still waiting for a phone call or an e mail
Now today I ve been informed that my job offer in NZ can only be kept for a further 4 weeks.
Feel very low and frustrated now
Any advice?
Jo
WHo is "all descended from criminals"?

Kiwis? Are you sure you didn't ring the Australian embassy by mistake?
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 10:36 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

LOL!!!

Man arrives at Sydney Airport Immigration, " Gooday" says the immigration officer, "do you have any criminal convictions?" "Oh I´m sorry" says the man "I didn´t know it was still a requirement"....
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

bananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by simonsi View Post
LOL!!!

Man arrives at Sydney Airport Immigration, " Gooday" says the immigration officer, "do you have any criminal convictions?" "Oh I´m sorry" says the man "I didn´t know it was still a requirement"....
bwhahahaha love it!
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 4:34 pm
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
That's one oddball CO you have there.

Speak with your NZ employer and have them phone the NZIS branch manager ( any NZIS branch manager ) stating they need you NOW.

Suggest you arrange a personal appointment at NZIS to iron out why this would take a further 6 weeks.

Sometimes it really makes you wonder
This is were my theory that they delays you as much as they can so maybe your offer drops....

Hard time over here n jobs are rare... so it's a way of delaying you....

I know it's a negative way to look at it... but cant help thinking am right!
Old Mar 9th 2010, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

Hi
Im a nurse practitioner working in a acute|NHS hospital with 20 yrs experience, my other half is an electrician, We are on the most wanted occupations, with jobs waiting
Why are they making it so difficult for us ?
We will contribute to NZ in so many ways,
Im sorry, I m just soooo frustrated at this process

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.