Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Anyone great with living on a budget?

Anyone great with living on a budget?

Old May 10th 2007, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

Rustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Anyone great with living on a budget?

I'm not sure if i'm allowed to link to another site, but this was put together by alot of people here and has some excellent things in there (apologies if i'm not allowed!);

http://www.*****.co.uk/chat/phpbb/vi...budget&start=0
Old May 10th 2007, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mojos
Plus it's GREAT with homemade falafel (*one of our cheapest meals - i can post the recipe if anyone's interested!).

Yes please

Jo
What's Falafel when it's at home?
Old May 10th 2007, 10:16 am
Banned

Apple Tree is a jewel in the roughApple Tree is a jewel in the roughApple Tree is a jewel in the roughApple Tree is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Rustie
I'm not sure if i'm allowed to link to another site, but this was put together by alot of people here and has some excellent things in there (apologies if i'm not allowed!);

http://www.*****.co.uk/chat/phpbb/vi...budget&start=0

so you cant say ***** on here? seems childish.
Old May 10th 2007, 10:21 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Apple Tree
so you cant say ***** on here? seems childish.
What on earth is *****

Bums?
Old May 10th 2007, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

Zigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant future

what does it start with ?

is it a film, book? tv programme?

sounds like???
Old May 10th 2007, 7:44 pm
In Albany and loving it!!

katracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nice

Interesting thread. Please send us all the lovely recipes!!
Old May 10th 2007, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

mojos has a spectacular aura aboutmojos has a spectacular aura aboutmojos has a spectacular aura about

**** *****........has too much good info to be blocked.
Jo
Old May 10th 2007, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

mojos has a spectacular aura aboutmojos has a spectacular aura aboutmojos has a spectacular aura about

I tried.......very petty

Jo

Last edited by mojos; May 10th 2007 at 7:52 pm. Reason: forgot the dots
Old May 10th 2007, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

or ******* and reverse the countries if that doesn't work.

Jo

Last edited by Sue; May 15th 2007 at 12:42 pm. Reason: trying to get around filter
Old May 10th 2007, 8:53 pm
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KiwiKate
Hi ZigZag - don't be put off, but it is better to be fore-warned.
However, I have to say for me personally (family of 4 too), we are not really struggling at all - my hubby is only on $65k and I don't work - but we still manage to save $500 per month, plus go out and enjoy ourselves.
The key is definitely budgeting, and making sure you can afford the main things.
Some things are cheaper here, and if you look at the overall cost of living (especially outside Auckland) it's very reasonable. I for one would never look back - we have a much better lifestyle, maybe not so materialistic as in Uk where we were self employed and had great tax breaks and could afford more 'stuff' - but this is the happiest we've been in a long time, as we now have time to do all the things we just procrastinated about before.
So plan well, and you should be fine. Good luck
Great post. Whereabouts in NZ are you? Ok, I've read further down now and have found out!

Soulflour - you rock! Carmen x

Last edited by uk+kiwi; May 10th 2007 at 9:06 pm.
Old May 10th 2007, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

Zigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant future
Talking Re: Anyone great with living on a budget?

Got there in the end! another good site. in dev so will keep checking!

I am just trying to soak up as much info as I can, to bombard hubby with!! He is coming round to my way of thinking, but he needs 3 years experience in his job, so we have to hang around for another 18 months!!

But i'm about 90% that its a go-er!!!

This thread is great too, because the money thing was something we worried a bit about, so i'm glad its not all doom & gloom!!!!!
Old May 10th 2007, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

Rustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of light

no it's not in development, so i'm not sure which site you went to!!!

Click on the link as it's that thread that has all the info and you'll never find it without cos it's an old thread, then change the ***** to u k 2 n z but remove the spaces!
Old May 11th 2007, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rustie
no it's not in development, so i'm not sure which site you went to!!!

Click on the link as it's that thread that has all the info and you'll never find it without cos it's an old thread, then change the ***** to u k 2 n z but remove the spaces!
ooooohhhh!! ok got it!!! what i wally!! thanks....
oh my god....steph_star (first post on ***** reckons she spends £50 per week on food including nappies!!! HOW - i can't do that?? my budgeting must be way out!!!
Old May 11th 2007, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

soulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nice

Zig-zag - steph_star on there is me!

Read this thread and the 'cost of living in whangarei' one to see how we do it!

x
Old May 11th 2007, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.