Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

anyone got kids at Otumoetai college

anyone got kids at Otumoetai college

Old May 1st 2008, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

lindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nice
Wink anyone got kids at Otumoetai college

Hi we are planning to come over from West Midlands to Tauranga area next summer. Our youngest daughter will be 16 and wondered what Otumoetai college was like. She is dyslexic with learning difficulties (nothing too major but she struggles with English and Maths). She has a passion for fashion and also interested in childcare.

also what are the nice areas to live in within the school catchment area?

Thanks you
Old May 3rd 2008, 2:33 am
Just Joined

pineapplelump has a brilliant futurepineapplelump has a brilliant futurepineapplelump has a brilliant futurepineapplelump has a brilliant futurepineapplelump has a brilliant futurepineapplelump has a brilliant future
Default Re: anyone got kids at Otumoetai college

Hi Lindsay

My husband works there, it is a BIG school, he doesn't even know all of the staff let alone the kids!
If she is interested in fashion, I believe the Bay of Plenty Polytechnic has a fantastic Fashion design course which she could do instead of staying on at school.
Old May 3rd 2008, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Ash1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi ,

Our daughter nearly went to Otumoetaie College but we managed to get her into Bethlehen instead. It has a pretty good reputation and a really good sporting set up (not sure about fashion all though all of the colleges are quite "arty").It is quite a large college and is well attended( I think about 1,800 students) Otumoetai is also quite a nice place to live as are Matua(especially around Fergusson Park) Bethlehem , Belleview, Burretta Park(probably spelled wrong). They do allow a certain amount of students in from outside the zone.
Good luck and if you want any help on house details and areas "Am Loolah" who posts on here is "in the know"
Good luck
Ash
Old May 4th 2008, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

lindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nice

Originally Posted by pineapplelump
Hi Lindsay

My husband works there, it is a BIG school, he doesn't even know all of the staff let alone the kids!
If she is interested in fashion, I believe the Bay of Plenty Polytechnic has a fantastic Fashion design course which she could do instead of staying on at school.
Thanks thats really helpful. What age can they go to Polytechnics over there? I will have a look on the website for more info.
Old May 5th 2008, 12:43 am
Just Joined

pineapplelump has a brilliant futurepineapplelump has a brilliant futurepineapplelump has a brilliant futurepineapplelump has a brilliant futurepineapplelump has a brilliant futurepineapplelump has a brilliant future

A friend's daughter started her course just after doing her GCSE's, so 16 onwards I guess.
Old May 5th 2008, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pineapplelump
A friend's daughter started her course just after doing her GCSE's, so 16 onwards I guess.
excellent thanks for your help