Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Anyone going to be in Wellington weekending 29/01/06?

Anyone going to be in Wellington weekending 29/01/06?

Old Dec 7th 2005, 3:22 pm
Naked and lightly greased

Dappadee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone going to be in Wellington weekending 29/01/06?

If you are can we hook up for a wee drinky and a chat.........followed by more wee drinkies hopefully?

Old Dec 8th 2005, 7:37 am

Default Re: Anyone going to be in Wellington weekending 29/01/06?

I take it that's a no then, or is everyone really anti-social??
Old Dec 8th 2005, 10:36 am

taffinkent will become famous soon enough

Hi,

We will be in Wellington for 6 weeks from the 27th February 2006 and would be honoured to have a few beers with you.

Taff and Debs.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by taffinkent
Hi,

We will be in Wellington for 6 weeks from the 27th February 2006 and would be honoured to have a few beers with you.

Taff and Debs.
Done and done.

PM me nearer the time and we will link up and drink up.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 11:11 am

taffinkent will become famous soon enough

Nice one........will do.......

I`ll get the first round in.....

Taff
Old Dec 8th 2005, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dappadee
If you are can we hook up for a wee drinky and a chat.........followed by more wee drinkies hopefully?

Would love to join you but can't so instead will suggest some bars. Head to Allen St off Courtney Place, CO2 Lovely champagne bar. Then on to One Red Dog for gourmet pizza's and beer.
Cheers
KAZ
Old Dec 8th 2005, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by kaz Hen
Would love to join you but can't so instead will suggest some bars. Head to Allen St off Courtney Place, CO2 Lovely champagne bar. Then on to One Red Dog for gourmet pizza's and beer.
Cheers
KAZ
Thanks for that. I will definitely check them out. Oh yeah, pizza and beer the perfect combination.

Old Dec 8th 2005, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Dappadee][size=2]Thanks for that. I will definitely check them out. Oh yeah, pizza and beer the perfect combination.

No Problem, if you want any other advise about Wellington, area's to look at, school advice etc. Let me know, happy to help.
Cheers
KAZ
Old Dec 8th 2005, 6:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

were always in Wellington................. may be interested in having a sit down at a suitably pubby location.......... lemme know if you need advise on Wellington in general, only been here a year so not quite the expert yet..

The Chocolate Fish Cafe should be on your to-do list, its a wellington icon and down the road from Peter Jackson's (King Kong fame) home
Old Dec 8th 2005, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newkiwi
were always in Wellington................. may be interested in having a sit down at a suitably pubby location.......... lemme know if you need advise on Wellington in general, only been here a year so not quite the expert yet..

The Chocolate Fish Cafe should be on your to-do list, its a wellington icon and down the road from Peter Jackson's (King Kong fame) home
we used to like the courtenay arms-good selection of pommy bottles-and the malthouse on willis st with pink elephant on tap-mmmmmm...beer
Old Dec 8th 2005, 10:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

I take it that's a no then, or is everyone really anti-social??

I live in Wellington - been here 9 years from Buckinghamshire - pleased to see anyone visiting - not really into beer, more a wine drinker - of which there are some fine examples in New Zealand! Any wine drinkers visiting Wellington should plan a long weekend in Martinborough in the Wairarapa - the lower North Island's major wine region - 1.5 hr drive away over the Rimutakas. While there, go to Lake Ferry and watch the sunset from the Lake Ferry Hotel - good old kiwi pub and beer - great surf casting beach - real getaway from the city.
Old Dec 9th 2005, 7:06 am

I think a British Expat Wellingtonian Drinking Extravaganza is in order, what do you folks think? We could spend a day swapping tips and stories over a few (Latin for many) choice alcoholic beverages (including wine.)

Old Dec 9th 2005, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

I think a British Expat Wellingtonian Drinking Extravaganza is in order, what do you folks think? We could spend a day swapping tips and stories over a few (Latin for many) choice alcoholic beverages (including wine.)

whereabouts in wgtn are you?-we used to live on tinakori rd.
it still says "location uk" when you post!
Old Dec 9th 2005, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
whereabouts in wgtn are you?-we used to live on tinakori rd.
it still says "location uk" when you post!
I am indeed in the UK still. However I shall be in Wellington (Lower Hutt to be precise) from the 26th of January onwards. If we can decide on somewhere easy for everyone to get too I think that would be best, this of course depends on there being enough people up for it as well.
Old Dec 9th 2005, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

I am indeed in the UK still. However I shall be in Wellington (Lower Hutt to be precise) from the 26th of January onwards. If we can decide on somewhere easy for everyone to get too I think that would be best, this of course depends on there being enough people up for it as well.
I'm in Khandallah - stunning views of the harbour and Wellington city - would be happy to host a get-together - bring your own booze and I'll provide the nibbles and kiwi friends to answer all those niggling little questions about NZ - any time'ish from 26th January to 13th February - let me know who, when .....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.