British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   anyone going to Manchester? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/anyone-going-manchester-332404/)

JoannaD Oct 19th 2005 6:28 pm

anyone going to Manchester?

My husband and I (thought I'd be posh!) are going to the Manchester expo on Saturday, anyone else going/ If so, would you like to meet up with us for a natter?

JoannaD

JaneAS Oct 19th 2005 8:08 pm

Re: anyone going to Manchester?

Hiya. The hubby and I are planning to go see at the weekend, but not sure whether it will be Saturday or Sunday (we'll have the little'un with us as well).

At the moment, we are really backing down from the idea of going, so it will be interesting to see if we get good vibes from it.

Anyone else going?

JaneAS

lardyl Oct 20th 2005 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by JaneAS
Anyone else going?

yep, on Sat, with a few CVs for the missus.....but she'll be at home with the boys (doubt there'll be too much room for breastfeeding!!). Wondering whether I'll nab any seminar tickets as I can't face a train before 0730 and that'll get me to the Jarvis at about 1000hrs.....
Looking to see what's on offer for us and what we can expect in pay and conditions.....

Radio Ham Oct 20th 2005 10:13 pm

I will be there on Saturday.. to compare with Bay of Plenty as attended tonight. The M6 toll is superb when running between Brum & Mnachester!! :)

lardyl Oct 20th 2005 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by Radio Ham
I will be there on Saturday.. to compare with Bay of Plenty as attended tonight. The M6 toll is superb when running between Brum & Mnachester!! :)

where in Brum m8ty? - I'm letting the train take the strain (or should that be "virgin on the ridiculous")....

Radio Ham Oct 25th 2005 6:46 pm

We're in Shirley m8 ... and despite Virgins best efforts I also got there by train when I found the parking would be £13.

lardyl Oct 25th 2005 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by Radio Ham
We're in Shirley m8 ... and despite Virgins best efforts I also got there by train when I found the parking would be £13.

hehe the blue noses were on the train at 0800 am (for early pm kickoff with Blackburn), with their shandies and the odd stuff that made their noses "run"....pity their team couldn't "score" as easily....hehe
Bad news for me is my preferred emplpyer in NZ has just responded to email by saying "non" to upcoming vacancies....looks like we are "snookered" at least for the moment.
So what do we do now?? EOI or not .... ?? It's almost done we have the points but I'm not gonna get a job ---- grrrr; plan b :beer: :( :beer: :( :beer: :zzz: