Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Anyone else moving to Oz?

Anyone else moving to Oz?

Old Aug 6th 2012, 4:43 am
Forum Regular

NZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anyone else moving to Oz?

Yeah I was not at all bothered about the Gold Coast until

1. Realised that its not all like surfers

2. loads more work for me around that area

TBH New Zealand is sooooo boring I can't wait to go somewhere a bit more lively!
Old Aug 6th 2012, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

DennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud of

On a side note..If you were a Kiwi passport holder and moved to Aus, but had a Brit passport too, could you claim residency on the Brit Passport EVEN if you had a job on the kiwi passport

and then end up with 3 passports if you went through all the hoops?
Old Aug 6th 2012, 6:57 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DennisBergkamp
On a side note..If you were a Kiwi passport holder and moved to Aus, but had a Brit passport too, could you claim residency on the Brit Passport EVEN if you had a job on the kiwi passport

You don't get a job on a passport

Last edited by bourbon-biscuit; Aug 6th 2012 at 7:02 am.
Old Aug 6th 2012, 6:59 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NZGrl
Yeah I was not at all bothered about the Gold Coast until

1. Realised that its not all like surfers

2. loads more work for me around that area

TBH New Zealand is sooooo boring I can't wait to go somewhere a bit more lively!
sorry, I didn't mean to sound derogatory about your plans! We stayed in Brissie for a couple of months in 2001 and there's much to adore about that bit of the world, but I guess we're all different and all at different life stages looking for different things, and the GC is not for me at this point, but I wasn't basing that on Surfer's
Old Aug 6th 2012, 7:12 am
CHC-MEL commute since 91

derab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud of

I have 3 passports and I didn't use my British passport at all when I came over to OZ, I came over on the Kiwi passport and 2 years later applied for citizenship of Australia. that was before the 2001 watershed though, when it was easy. but it still holds true, apart from the access to welfare during the first 2 years.
Old Aug 6th 2012, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

DennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
You don't get a job on a passport
I meant a job claimed by having a kiwi passport i.e you can work right away

Thanks for responding derab

would be cool to have 3 passports!
Old Aug 6th 2012, 9:53 am
---

I meant a job claimed by having a kiwi passport i.e you can work right away

Thanks for responding derab

would be cool to have 3 passports!
OK, but I still think you're a bit confused- why would you claim residency on the British passport? Surely you'd apply for PR based on your skills and job offer, not your British passport? Unless there's some magic way in that I don't know about.
Old Aug 7th 2012, 1:38 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
OH is in procurement BB. He has a lot of contact with the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply in NZ & Australia. He is a fellow of CIPS & is on some judging panel or other (I pretend to listen but you know how it is ). As I say, he is employed by an Aussie company & is well thought of by the executive (from what I can gather). As I say, we are just looking at options right now. Not convinced it's the right move necessarily as there's so much we do like about NZ. Not sure where I'd want to live. Gold Coast doesn't appeal to me either.

I appreciate the info about your ma though.
Start with www.immi.gov.au to find out if you are eligible for an Aussie visa. Doesn't matter whether you use an NZ or UK passport when you apply, if you hold both you'd need to declare them both. You can't get Aussie citizenship without getting PR here first.

Aussie Immigration forum is here - http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32
Old Aug 7th 2012, 1:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Start with www.immi.gov.au to find out if you are eligible for an Aussie visa. Doesn't matter whether you use an NZ or UK passport when you apply, if you hold both you'd need to declare them both. You can't get Aussie citizenship without getting PR here first.

Aussie Immigration forum is here - http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32
Many thanks Pollyana. I shall have a look at that when I've handed my biophyics paper in online. Looks useful
Old Aug 7th 2012, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

Shazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really nice

Hi, Yep im getting on the ?Aussie gravy train too, been in NZ for two years and plan to move to Melbourne then onto Perth in December, taking 1 dog and have been quoted various prices from Wellington, cheapest so far being $980. Sticking with good old sevenseas for removals company, I used them when I came over from UK and they were fab.
YAY garenteed sunshine
Old Aug 7th 2012, 4:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

concretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Shazmoo
Hi, Yep im getting on the ?Aussie gravy train too, been in NZ for two years and plan to move to Melbourne then onto Perth in December, taking 1 dog and have been quoted various prices from Wellington, cheapest so far being $980. Sticking with good old sevenseas for removals company, I used them when I came over from UK and they were fab.
YAY garenteed sunshine
yep but you need some cold good for the bones ,

my mate lives in Perth,absolutely loves it
Old Aug 7th 2012, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

NZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to behold

Been quoted between 7 and 8 grand to move my stuff over. Thinking I might sell everything and start again
Old Aug 7th 2012, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

Shazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really nice

Originally Posted by concretepump
yep but you need some cold good for the bones ,

my mate lives in Perth,absolutely loves it
I cant wait! Im just too bloody excited. Head down, arse up over next few months. Save save save!!
Old Aug 8th 2012, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Shazmoo
I cant wait! Im just too bloody excited. Head down, arse up over next few months. Save save save!!
Are you applying through Aussie immigration from scratch when you move to Aus?

Just wondering, as I might head to AUs in future, but i might have to wait till i get a Kiwi passport
Old Aug 8th 2012, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

Are you applying through Aussie immigration from scratch when you move to Aus?

Just wondering, as I might head to AUs in future, but i might have to wait till i get a Kiwi passport
Im going over on a Working hol, then will change to sponsored PR once i find a job/area like i would like to stay xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.