Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Anyone else having problems with the BE site??

Anyone else having problems with the BE site??

Old May 27th 2008, 10:28 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone else having problems with the BE site??

I seem to have been having problems with this site for the last week or so. I often find that I'll go into a thread, the thread will come up but when I try and scroll down it just switches to "internet explorer cannot display this page"
If I back click then the post I was looking at comes up and I can view it normally.
It doesn't always happen, it's been good tonight and only done it twice!

Anyone know why or what I can do about it? Is anyone else having problems or is it just my computer or connection? It's bloody irritating when it happens a lot:curse:

Sue
Old May 27th 2008, 10:48 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Anyone else having problems??

Yes SueR. Other people have been having problems since the server migration.

If anyone else is having problems , please let us know here on this thread & then post the problem onto Site Feedback which you will find HERE

Sue - I am going to copy your thread over to the Site Feedback forum for you.

My own connection has also been somewhat slow since the site migration. Sometimes it seems OK. Others it is very slow to load & I have even had the site 'hang' a couple of times. As I am in NZ , I cannot be sure whether it is our clockwork , wind-up system or not.

I use Firefox
Have Telecom broadband and an ADSL connection to a local copper wire exchange.

Last edited by BEVS; May 27th 2008 at 11:14 pm.
Old May 27th 2008, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

hjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Anyone else having problems??

Originally Posted by Sue R
I seem to have been having problems with this site for the last week or so. I often find that I'll go into a thread, the thread will come up but when I try and scroll down it just switches to "internet explorer cannot display this page"
If I back click then the post I was looking at comes up and I can view it normally.
It doesn't always happen, it's been good tonight and only done it twice!

Anyone know why or what I can do about it? Is anyone else having problems or is it just my computer or connection? It's bloody irritating when it happens a lot:curse:

Sue
Yes i am,had to go back into this thread 4 times before i got the thread up. The same, kept coming up with;internet explorer cannot display this page!!
Yes bloody annoying :curse:
Old May 27th 2008, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone else having problems with the BE site??

Nothing sensational with me, just every now and then the page goes completely blue for a split second and then returns to the thread.
Old May 28th 2008, 4:29 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone else having problems with the BE site??

Not with BE but having same problem with the BBC website :curse: