Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Anyone else in Hamilton?

Anyone else in Hamilton?

Old May 28th 2011, 3:03 am
Just Joined

Amtin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone else in Hamilton?

Hi all, my name is Amy, my partner Justin and I came to New Zealand in January on a working holiday visa, and are currently in the process of applying for residency (our EOI has just been selected from the pool).

We are currently living in Hamilton and are hoping to meet others that are also in Hamilton. We are loving life in NZ and we are settling in nicely but are finding it hard to make friends-i have just started going to Zumba but unfortunately it hasn't been the friend making activity i thought it was going to be-brilliant fun though i hope to hear from others in the Hamilton area. Cheers, Amy
Old May 28th 2011, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

keeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone else in Hamilton?

Originally Posted by Amtin
Hi all, my name is Amy, my partner Justin and I came to New Zealand in January on a working holiday visa, and are currently in the process of applying for residency (our EOI has just been selected from the pool).

We are currently living in Hamilton and are hoping to meet others that are also in Hamilton. We are loving life in NZ and we are settling in nicely but are finding it hard to make friends-i have just started going to Zumba but unfortunately it hasn't been the friend making activity i thought it was going to be-brilliant fun though i hope to hear from others in the Hamilton area. Cheers, Amy
Hey Amy. I'm in Hamilton too. I'm Sarah, been here for almost 2yrs with my husband and our daughter who is almost 2yrs old. I'm a full time mum/housewife and hubby is in the coal mine up in Huntly. We are now feeling much more settled here, although have had some pretty tough times (which happen mainly in the winter). We don't know that many people in Hamilton, although have met a couple of lovely families through this forum who I can happily call good friends. What do you for work?
Old May 28th 2011, 10:40 am
Just Joined

Amtin is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply Sarah. I agree that winter seems to make things a lot harder. I hope to meet some people on this forum too, hopefully when we make some friends it will feel even more like home I work in IT and Justin works in payroll, luckily found jobs pretty quick so have settled in work wise. Looking forward to the warmer weather. What suburb are you in? We are in Hamilton East at the moment but hoping to move house soon, unsure which suburbs to avoid, any suggestions? Thanks, Amy
Old Jun 6th 2011, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

keeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Amtin
Thanks for the reply Sarah. I agree that winter seems to make things a lot harder. I hope to meet some people on this forum too, hopefully when we make some friends it will feel even more like home I work in IT and Justin works in payroll, luckily found jobs pretty quick so have settled in work wise. Looking forward to the warmer weather. What suburb are you in? We are in Hamilton East at the moment but hoping to move house soon, unsure which suburbs to avoid, any suggestions? Thanks, Amy
Hi. We are in Rototuna. have no idea what areas to avoid- sorry! We settled up in this area straightaway and love it here. Before we came to NZ we didn't plan on living in hamilton itself, but this area just kinda clicked when we drove round looking at rentals in our first couple of weeks here. Yeah ok I suppose Rototuna might be expensive, but hey if it makes us feel more settled it's worth it