Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Anyone else in Hamilton?

Anyone else in Hamilton?

Old May 28th 2011, 3:02 am
Just Joined

Amtin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone else in Hamilton?

Hi all, my name is Amy, my partner Justin and I came to New Zealand in January on a working holiday visa, and are currently in the process of applying for residency (our EOI has just been selected from the pool).

We are currently living in Hamilton and are hoping to meet others that are also in Hamilton. We are loving life in NZ and we are settling in nicely but are finding it hard to make friends-i have just started going to Zumba but unfortunately it hasn't been the friend making activity i thought it was going to be-brilliant fun though i hope to hear from others in the Hamilton area. Cheers, Amy
Old May 28th 2011, 8:19 am

Woodpigeon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone else in Hamilton?

Hello Amy and welcome to the coolest country forum on BE

I see you've found the thread on a meet up in Hamilton, hope it goes ahead. It can be hard making friends when you move to a new area; I've been lucky in that, having kids I've always had a way to meet people at schools etc.

Hope you carry on enjoying NZ
Old May 28th 2011, 9:58 am
Just Joined

Amtin is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully a meet up will happen in Hamilton. My partners not to keen on having babies just yet hehe but hopefully this forum will help with the making friends bit
Old May 29th 2011, 8:14 am
Just Joined

midgetjen is an unknown quantity at this point

hi amy im jennifer and me and my partner came to nz 6mnths ago on working visa aswell, we are in our mid 20s and i also joined zumba hahaha!
we stay about 30mins from hamilton.
have you got facebook?? xxxxxxx