Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Anyone else going to Napier for the Cricket?

Anyone else going to Napier for the Cricket?

Old Feb 18th 2008, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

zaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to behold
Default Anyone else going to Napier for the Cricket?

Im heading down there later on for the match on wednesday.

Ive been told by a few people that its the best stadium in NZ for such an event - an 11,000 capacity and close proximity to the pitch itself. Im looking forward to it as -

a) I'm going on my own (Cricket n drink then evening drinks at Ahuriri)
b) meeting up with Matt & Andrea (from Bolton) who live across the road from McLean Park
c) As the wifes family all come from Napier and Ive been down there many times since we've come over - it'll be nice to go INTO the stadium as opposed to passing on a regular basis ..........................
d) I was at Eden Park on Friday and it was no-where near full - a bit disappointing really
Old Feb 18th 2008, 10:45 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone else going to Napier for the Cricket?

Originally Posted by zaras dad View Post
..........................d) I was at Eden Park on Friday and it was no-where near full - a bit disappointing really
yeah and I heard that it was worse for the Blues game on Saturday
the seats we got were rubbish too - didnt realise that the pitch wasnt square onto the stands or that we'd be too close to the level of the wicket to see anything other than the length the bowler was acheiving.....
mental note - sit up close to the top of lower tier in ASB in future.
anyway enjoy the game - I've got a couple of full days of work to do
Old Feb 18th 2008, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by zaras dad View Post
Im heading down there later on for the match on wednesday.

Ive been told by a few people that its the best stadium in NZ for such an event - an 11,000 capacity and close proximity to the pitch itself. Im looking forward to it as -

a) I'm going on my own (Cricket n drink then evening drinks at Ahuriri)
b) meeting up with Matt & Andrea (from Bolton) who live across the road from McLean Park
c) As the wifes family all come from Napier and Ive been down there many times since we've come over - it'll be nice to go INTO the stadium as opposed to passing on a regular basis ..........................
d) I was at Eden Park on Friday and it was no-where near full - a bit disappointing really

Hi,
We are over from the UK for 3 weeks on a recci in March, and our son wants to go, we are planning to go to Napier.

Where is the best place to purchase tickets.

Regards
Karen
Old Feb 18th 2008, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

zaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to behold

http://premier.ticketek.co.nz/shows/...px?sh=ODIENG08

I'll be in Napier Easter weekend but with my folks over from the UK I dont think it would be fair

..............would it?