British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Anyone For Drinks in Welly? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/anyone-drinks-welly-638047/)

EleanorJeram Oct 29th 2009 3:27 am

Anyone For Drinks in Welly?

Hi new to Welly and new(ish) to the forum! Wondered if anyone would like to meet up in Wellington sometime....would love to meet new friends - sure the hubby would too :) Am open to ideas, lunch time/coffee/evening drinks.

Also anyone out there who likes the theatre...hubby not so keen on this one :)

Ellie

Delilah63 Oct 29th 2009 7:59 am

Re: Anyone For Drinks in Welly?

Hi Eleanor,

We have been in NZ for just over 4 weeks now, living in Ngaio. If you would like to meet up, we would be happy to arrange a convenient time over the weekend. Let us know if you are familiar with our area, or would you prefer the City? We spent our first 2 weeks living in Cuba Street and can recommend either Murphy's Irish Bar or the Bristol Hotel for a drink and/or food. There is a Monteiths's bar in Khandallah which also has good food and the drink is slightly cheaper than in town. Let us know if you are interested. George & Angela Fisher.:)

EleanorJeram Nov 1st 2009 8:32 am

Sorry I didn't reply in time for this weekend...hope you enjoed the nicer weather :0)

Was wondering if you fancied meeting next Sunday (8th) about 2pm. We're off to see the phoenix at 5, but wondered if you wanted to meet in town for an afternoon drink/coffee. There's a couple of places, The Craftsman on Courntney Place is a bit cheaper than the other central bars, or perhaps one of the coffee shops....Esquires on Featherston, or the Simply Paris coffee shop at the top of cuba?

Delilah63 Nov 3rd 2009 5:57 am

Hi Ellie,

The Craftsman at 2pm for a drink sounds good to us. We also have tickets for the Phoenix on Sunday. Just as a matter of interest, what is your home team? We are Sunderland supporters (for our sins!). How will we recognise each other? :confused:

EleanorJeram Nov 3rd 2009 6:04 am

Oooo bugger we're Spurs....erm do you want to wait and see the result before we agree to spending time together?

We'll see you just outside the door at 2pm...that way if you see two people looking for two others we should hopefully spot each other :0) Other than that erm....I'm likely to be wearing black fleece top, have short brown/blonde hair, about 5foot4....unless you want to go for the rose in lapel!

Ellie

Delilah63 Nov 4th 2009 3:28 am

I'm sure we can be civil, whatever the score!! :eek: I think we're a bit past football hooliganism. Might have been different if you were from Newcastle mind!!! I'm sure we'll find each other - look forward to seeing you on Sunday.

George & Angela

EleanorJeram Nov 10th 2009 12:26 am

Had a good ol' natter sunday and looking for to this saturday too :0)

Was wondering if we could move it to 5pm. Half hour earlier in order to grab food and get to the stadium in plenty of time. Might take a little longer to get through the gate with 5 times as many people!

Ellie & Scott

Delilah63 Nov 10th 2009 3:05 am

Not a problem see you at Murphy's at 5

RogerG Nov 13th 2009 7:47 am

Originally Posted by Delilah63 (Post 8086020)
Not a problem see you at Murphy's at 5

Hi all - any chance I can join you? Family have just left to go back to UK leaving me on my ownsome til I go back for 3 weeks at Xmas before we all ship out. Might have to shoot to Backbencher to meet some mates who have my ticket but would still like to meet up.

Murphy's Cuba Mall?

Cheers

Roger

EleanorJeram Nov 14th 2009 1:18 am

Originally Posted by RogerG (Post 8096385)
Hi all - any chance I can join you? Family have just left to go back to UK leaving me on my ownsome til I go back for 3 weeks at Xmas before we all ship out. Might have to shoot to Backbencher to meet some mates who have my ticket but would still like to meet up.

Murphy's Cuba Mall?

Cheers

Roger

Of course...yeah Murphy's is on cuba. Meeting about 5 :0) How's the house hunting going?

Boopy Nov 26th 2009 4:57 am

Hi Guys,

There's a few of us meeting up this Saturday at the Welsh Dragon on Kent Street, at the top of Courtney Place, between 8.30pm - 9pm. We will then be heading off on a pub crawl. You are all more than welcome to join us, mostly brits....

Deliah.... I hope you can come.... I'm a Mackem!!!!!! & yes, red & white!!!:thumbup:

Delilah63 Nov 26th 2009 8:47 am

Hi Boopy, George is on call this weekend, but we'll see what time he gets finished and will try and get down to meet you. You do realise the Welsh Dragon used to be the public toilets, don't you? How will we know you?

Boopy Nov 26th 2009 5:25 pm

Hi Del,

Welsh Dragon is always our first port of call on a night out in town. Mike the owner is a great laugh, yeah I know it was the victorian loo block. Have you seen the old plans, they have them on the wall. Saturday night started off as a girlie night out, but anyone is welcome. So why don't you come along then meet the hubby later. We have such fun in town, as I said I'm from S'land & wait for it!!! My best mate here is from the toon.... just as well she's not into footie.

LucyS Nov 26th 2009 8:57 pm

Ooh can I come too - could do with a girlie night out?!

Boopy Nov 26th 2009 9:45 pm

Of course you can Lucy, the more the merrier! Also it's always nice to meet new people. I look forward to meeting you tomorrow night. :)