Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Anyone been to a Wellington Phoenix match?

Anyone been to a Wellington Phoenix match?

Old Dec 12th 2012, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

keeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud of
Default Anyone been to a Wellington Phoenix match?

Hubby is going to see Phoenix v Central Coast Mariners on 22nd Dec at Westpac stadium. I just looked into buying the ticket beforehand on Ticketek and noticed it says buying a ticket on the gate is more expensive than pre-buying, but wondered if anyone knew how much more? Considering that buying online incurs an extra fee anyway is it much different than just buying on the gate?
Thanks, if anyone can help.
Old Dec 12th 2012, 7:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone been to a Wellington Phoenix match?

Originally Posted by keeny
Hubby is going to see Phoenix v Central Coast Mariners on 22nd Dec at Westpac stadium. I just looked into buying the ticket beforehand on Ticketek and noticed it says buying a ticket on the gate is more expensive than pre-buying, but wondered if anyone knew how much more? Considering that buying online incurs an extra fee anyway is it much different than just buying on the gate?
Thanks, if anyone can help.
It's the same for all sporting events at the Westpac. You basically pay the same on the gate as you would if you bought online. The advantage of buying online is you get to choose where you sit, where as at the stadium it can be pretty randem.
Old Dec 12th 2012, 7:43 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Yes actually. My husband has been . I'll ask him later about the stand but I can say that you won't find the stadium full.
Old Dec 12th 2012, 8:30 pm
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

I've been once and would probably go to another if i'm ever in Wellington again at the time of a football match

The standard is not that good I should warn

Oh and whatever you do, do not offend Paul Ifill! Big mistake if you do (hope your husband wasn't a West Ham or a Sheffield Wed supporter). Due to me being a Wednesday fan, I had to spend at least 30 minutes explaining to Wellington Pheonix supporters about the Sheffield derby and Paul Ifill playing for the other lot in Sheffield
Old Dec 13th 2012, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

keeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Tom1983
I've been once and would probably go to another if i'm ever in Wellington again at the time of a football match

The standard is not that good I should warn

Oh and whatever you do, do not offend Paul Ifill! Big mistake if you do (hope your husband wasn't a West Ham or a Sheffield Wed supporter). Due to me being a Wednesday fan, I had to spend at least 30 minutes explaining to Wellington Pheonix supporters about the Sheffield derby and Paul Ifill playing for the other lot in Sheffield
Actually, hubby is a blade
Old Dec 13th 2012, 9:11 am
`

From Mr BEVS

Coz Welly play at Westpac it is nowhere near a sell-out crowd. If you are into your football and are into the atmosphere of the crowds there is a section of the tunnel that all Welly supporters congregate to make a section of the crowd.

Coz the rest of the stadium is pretty sparse and if you get a ticket to get in you would probably be able to pick your ticket to get in.

Other
There are no 'away' fans.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 7:52 pm
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by keeny
Actually, hubby is a blade

Think Nick Montgomery plays for the Central Coast Mariners? Please advise him to fire the bottlers chant at him for me!! I'll get him Sheffield Uniteds season review 11/12 as a huge thank you
Old Dec 15th 2012, 5:41 am
`

from Mr BEVS.

If you get a seating plan of the ground and go for the area where the Yellow Fever fans congregate en masse, by the players tunnel and just in in among them because the rest of the ground will be sparse if not empty.

It is an easy walk up from Wellington. Before but definately after the game the big majority of the fans then head up for the 3 kings ( crowns) pub.

The standard of footie is not the highest in the world but defo an experience.

Bit like going to a reserve game at Man U.
Old Dec 16th 2012, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BEVS
from Mr BEVS.

If you get a seating plan of the ground and go for the area where the Yellow Fever fans congregate en masse, by the players tunnel and just in in among them because the rest of the ground will be sparse if not empty.

It is an easy walk up from Wellington. Before but definately after the game the big majority of the fans then head up for the 3 kings ( crowns) pub.

The standard of footie is not the highest in the world but defo an experience.

Bit like going to a reserve game at Man U.
Thanks