Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Anyone Apply for Citizenship?

Anyone Apply for Citizenship?

Old Dec 3rd 2020, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

paddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud of
Default Anyone Apply for Citizenship?

Hey guys was wondering if anyone else has applied for NZ citizenship and if so how long did it take? I have a few friends who applied around may and they got it within 6-8 weeks while I applied 5 months ago and when I called up today they said that they are working on it, there's no case officer yet assigned but apparently they are working on it whatever that means lol. Anyone else experience this?
Old Dec 4th 2020, 7:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone Apply for Citizenship?

It'll be Covid, they no doubt will have loads to catch up on - they haven't had any ceremonies since March.
Old Dec 4th 2020, 6:13 pm
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

We applied June 2019, had the ceremony in August 2019, had passports 2/3 weeks after that. Huge backlog at immigration at the moment, big delays with any applications.
Old Dec 4th 2020, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
It'll be Covid, they no doubt will have loads to catch up on - they haven't had any ceremonies since March.
Yes they have
A friend of mine received his a few weeks ago in Dunedin
Old Dec 5th 2020, 1:45 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Pom_Chch
Huge backlog at immigration at the moment, big delays with any applications.
Point of note: It is the Dept of Internal Affairs that processes citizenship applications and time slots, not NZ Immy.
Old Dec 5th 2020, 2:50 am
BE Enthusiast

paddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud of

The reason why i'm confused is because i know three people who applied around the lock-down or just after, a few weeks before me and they got theirs within a few months, no ceremony, just a certificate yet after 5 months i don't even have a case officer. I'd love to know how they prioritize applications
Old Dec 5th 2020, 4:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddy234
The reason why i'm confused is because i know three people who applied around the lock-down or just after, a few weeks before me and they got theirs within a few months, no ceremony, just a certificate yet after 5 months i don't even have a case officer. I'd love to know how they prioritize applications
I believe the policy is, the shady, dodgy characters are made to wait
Old Dec 5th 2020, 4:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Justcol
I believe the policy is, the shady, dodgy characters are made to wait
So i a five year wait then 😆
Old Dec 5th 2020, 4:50 am
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Point of note: It is the Dept of Internal Affairs that processes citizenship applications and time slots, not NZ Immy.
Good point! Just checked my email and indeed it is from Dept of Internal Affairs 😊
Old Dec 8th 2020, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

We applied in June 2020 and only in the last week or so have heard back from the case officer checking the details are correct to be recorded on the official documents. No ceremonies at the moment. They were stopped because of Covid19. Assuming it wont be long now till the certificates come in the post.
Old Dec 9th 2020, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by escapedtonz
We applied in June 2020 and only in the last week or so have heard back from the case officer checking the details are correct to be recorded on the official documents. No ceremonies at the moment. They were stopped because of Covid19. Assuming it wont be long now till the certificates come in the post.
Nice, good to know I'm not the only one. Hope you don't have to wait another 5 or 6 months for the certificate
Old Dec 9th 2020, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, doesn't really matter if it takes a week, a month or a year or two. I ain't going anywhere!
Old Dec 9th 2020, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by escapedtonz
Ah, doesn't really matter if it takes a week, a month or a year or two. I ain't going anywhere!
But you might out on all the wonderful benefits it brings
Old Dec 10th 2020, 7:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Old Dec 10th 2020, 5:27 pm
She'll be right

You do get a free tree at least!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.