Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Is anyone addicted to the coffee in NZ?

Is anyone addicted to the coffee in NZ?

Old Jul 28th 2006, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

Amanda has a brilliant futureAmanda has a brilliant futureAmanda has a brilliant futureAmanda has a brilliant futureAmanda has a brilliant futureAmanda has a brilliant futureAmanda has a brilliant future
Default Is anyone addicted to the coffee in NZ?

Just wondering if anyone is addicted to the coffee in New Zealand? One of the reasons stopping me from returning to the UK is the Coffee (sad, I know).
They just don't seem to make it the same in other countries. What do you think?
Old Jul 28th 2006, 3:46 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is anyone addicted to the coffee in NZ?

Originally Posted by Amanda
Just wondering if anyone is addicted to the coffee in New Zealand? One of the reasons stopping me from returning to the UK is the Coffee (sad, I know).
LOL.... I have no idea sorry as I dont drink coffee. I have to admit to not liking the de-caff tea here and mum sends me Tetley and PG Tips de-caff from UK.

I like the biscuits and crisps here though.
Old Jul 28th 2006, 4:41 am
Forum Regular

ex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really nice

Originally Posted by SarahB
LOL....
I like the biscuits and crisps here though.
Hi Sarah I have found very few nice biscuits here so can you recommend some PLEASE Linda
Old Jul 28th 2006, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

binman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Amanda. Opposite Howick bus depot and 30 yards from Jansens pet shop on Ti Rakau Drive you will find a coffee shop that will blow you away. They sell exotic loose tea by the 100 gram also. Try their flat white. Cheers binman
Old Jul 28th 2006, 8:24 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amanda
Is there not a Barista competition between NZ and Oz this coming month?
Old Jul 28th 2006, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ex geordie
Hi Sarah I have found very few nice biscuits here so can you recommend some PLEASE Linda
Oh gosh Linda.... youre talking to the worlds sweetest tooth here... I like most sweet things. I like all the chocolatey ones like the tim tams.... we had some others at PlayGroup this morning.... squiggles or something? I like the Cookie Bear biscuits (and so does littlun!!!)... I like the Mothers Earth range... I like LCMs.... you see I like most of it... I was amazed at the vast range of biscuits in the shops when I got here and the lack of choice for other things. The ETA Lamb and Mint crisps are good and also some Cheddar & Onion ones (same make) but I dont see them very often.
Old Jul 28th 2006, 9:32 am

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ex geordie
Arnott's Scotch Fingers - lovely thick chocolate, I think you're meant to snap them into two but they're much better 'king size'! And they don't go soggy when you dunk them. Yum yum.
Old Jul 28th 2006, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

xpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nice

I'm with you Amanda - it's really hard to find a bad cup of coffee ( unless you go to Starbucks ! ) We've just got back form a holiday in Aus and the coffee wasn't half as good
Old Jul 29th 2006, 4:38 am
Just Joined

sadie33138 will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: Is anyone addicted to the coffee in NZ?

Absolutely addicted and one of the things I will miss when I return to the US next week after two years of daily cappuchino or flat white. Best downtown Auckland cappuchino IMHO is in the Westfield Shopping Centre opposite Britomart, small cafe on level one opposite Postie's before you take the escalator up to the Warehouse, can't remember the name of it but the barista is Tony. Coffees here can vary quite a bit in quality but Tony makes a killer cap.

Also, thebears, check here for the upcoming finals of the NZ barista competition & the faceoff with Australia:
http://www.coffeefestival.co.nz/

Last edited by sadie33138; Jul 29th 2006 at 4:40 am.