Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

?????????????? Anyone ???????????????

?????????????? Anyone ???????????????

Old Dec 15th 2006, 12:31 pm
Banned

andy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond repute
Question ?????????????? Anyone ???????????????

Hi All

Yet again I need guidance

Work permit - anyone know what you need to qualify - looked on NZIS and head hurts

G x
Old Dec 15th 2006, 4:25 pm
Banned

andy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ?????????????? Anyone ???????????????

Originally Posted by andy&georgina
Hi All

Yet again I need guidance

Work permit - anyone know what you need to qualify - looked on NZIS and head hurts

G x

Come on people - please help - buy you a drink in the bar?
Old Dec 15th 2006, 4:38 pm

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point

Come on people - please help - buy you a drink in the bar?
I'm going for work to residency is that what you're looking for info on that?
Mandie
Old Dec 15th 2006, 4:44 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Mandie.H
I'm going for work to residency is that what you're looking for info on that?
Mandie

Hi Mandie

I will put a drink behind the bar for you

Well I am not sure to go for what - looked on NZIS and my head hurts - phoned them up hurts even more

I was looking at getting a work permit so I can go out and work there as scored 105 on points - but as my experience is PA/Admin based I would need to secure a job to bump the points up.

Spoke to a couple of recruitment companies who said they could get me work but would need PR or work permit beforehand as these types of roles could be easily filled within NZ.

Help ?????????????
Old Dec 15th 2006, 4:51 pm

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mandie

I will put a drink behind the bar for you

Well I am not sure to go for what - looked on NZIS and my head hurts - phoned them up hurts even more

I was looking at getting a work permit so I can go out and work there as scored 105 on points - but as my experience is PA/Admin based I would need to secure a job to bump the points up.

Spoke to a couple of recruitment companies who said they could get me work but would need PR or work permit beforehand as these types of roles could be easily filled within NZ.

Help ?????????????

OK, i have done stuff in this order....i'm a midwife so slightly different for different occupations.
- police certificate
- professional midwifery registration
- job offer, permanent full time
- medicals and x rays
- immigration (gonna go there as will only take upto day or two to process)

now not sure if you need to have a job on the shortage list but if i remember correctly in the past you've been told by immigration all you need is a job offer (that was you wasn't it). I will once i'm out there apply for residency which although means two lots of form filling it's easier i find doing it this was as once you've got job offer (written conformation) it's pretty straight forward...In my opinion that is.

PM me if you need any further info
hope this helps Mandie
ooh thanks for drink needed that!!!
Old Dec 15th 2006, 4:57 pm
Banned

Thanks Mandie - I will PM you

I need to know the requirements that need to be filled to obtain a work permit?

As I have been advised that it will be very hard to secure a job offer in PA/Admin roles without PR or a permit as these types of roles can be easily filled.

So any other ideas welcome people??
Old Dec 15th 2006, 5:05 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Here's our experience. You need a Kiwi employer to sponsor you. The prospective employer needs to show reasonable evidence to NZIS that a suitable resident New Zealander could not be found. This evidence includes newspaper adverts showing that an effort has been made to recruit workers and no candidates coud be found to fill the position. A letter from WINZ (Work and Income New Zealand, the employment benefit people) might also be needed to state that there aren't any qualified local job-seekers for the job either.

Have your prospective employer write a nice letter requesting that NZIS approve your application for a work permit and, if all goes well and it should, you'll get a blue work permit stickie in your passport. Outward passage requirements are routinely waived. Be aware that if the work permit is to be longer than one year you will need to get the medical checks done.

If you have a spouse or dependent partner the the spouse or partner would be given an open work permit allowing him/her to work for any employer. Any dependent children would be given student permits which would allow them to study at local primary and secondary schools with no special added fees. However, tertiary students would still be classified as full fee-paying international students. *ouch*

Also, all of this is best done here in New Zealand unless your skill set is in a skill shortage area which in any case would mean that you ought to go for PR.

My wife, daughter and I have been through this process three times. It was really no huge drama. Just be sure that you have all your relevant paperwork, diplomas, certificates, work references, cop clearances if you are to be on a permit longer than a year, uh...yeah, all the usual fiddley bits of paper that all bureaucracies love, you should know the drill. Don't forget your passport piccies.

Once again, unless you already have an employer willing to jump through the hoops here in New Zealand it is best to do all of this process here in New Zealand. I found my local NZIS office here in Christchurch to be helpful and friendly and reasonably efficient.

I hope this helps. Now, where's my beer?
Old Dec 15th 2006, 5:34 pm
Banned

Thanks HappyNZ here is your beer

So I still need to get an employer to sponsor me for a work permit? Thats where I reckon by the sounds of it will be a problem Ho Hum
Old Dec 15th 2006, 5:54 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Why is it a problem?
Old Dec 15th 2006, 6:34 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by happynz
Why is it a problem?

Hi

The reason it maybe a problem is that a number of recruitment agencies have told us that the jobs we are looking at could be easily filled by someone who already has the rights to work in NZ. Hence why would they bother having to fill forms in recruiting us.

Old Dec 15th 2006, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

sharkyuk has a brilliant futuresharkyuk has a brilliant futuresharkyuk has a brilliant futuresharkyuk has a brilliant futuresharkyuk has a brilliant futuresharkyuk has a brilliant future

Hi

The reason it maybe a problem is that a number of recruitment agencies have told us that the jobs we are looking at could be easily filled by someone who already has the rights to work in NZ. Hence why would they bother having to fill forms in recruiting us.

Ok This is what I did.

Got meds, x-rays and police checks done before I left the UK+ I got my qualifications checked also.
Left UK
Arrived NZ
Got place to live
Got A job offer
Applied for work visa and permit at the same time with all my bits done in the first point and with letter from company with said job offer.
Went through the General policy to get them even better that my position of mechanical engineer is on the shortlist.
Paid out $280 to NZIS and wait.
2 weeks later Visa and Permit in passport
Get IRD number...(tax)
Start job......................and have not looked back woooot!!!!!!!!!!

Phil
Old Dec 15th 2006, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks HappyNZ here is your beer

So I still need to get an employer to sponsor me for a work permit? Thats where I reckon by the sounds of it will be a problem Ho Hum
Hi Guys
If you really want a work permit/visa you will have to go to NZ and take a chance and do as Happy in nz told you. An employer has to prove he has not been able to recruit a native nzder. As admin is not on the skills shortage list it makes it more difficult.
If you have some money behind you there are other ways, but it can take upto nine months.
A course which qualifies for points with the NZQA gives you a six month open work permitt and 20 hours a week part time work.
Cheers
Martin
Old Dec 15th 2006, 6:47 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by mcuddy1
Hi Guys
If you really want a work permit/visa you will have to go to NZ and take a chance and do as Happy in nz told you. An employer has to prove he has not been able to recruit a native nzder. As admin is not on the skills shortage list it makes it more difficult.
If you have some money behind you there are other ways, but it can take upto nine months.
A course which qualifies for points with the NZQA gives you a six month open work permitt and 20 hours a week part time work.
Cheers
Martin

Hi Martin

Well we have scored 105 point which is enough for EOI based on my age, PA/Admin diploma etc - but need a job offer to bump it up etc...
Old Dec 15th 2006, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

Hi Martin

Well we have scored 105 point which is enough for EOI based on my age, PA/Admin diploma etc - but need a job offer to bump it up etc...
Hi Guys
I think it will be very hard to get an offer from the UK ,from experience they only take you seriously when you sit down in front of them. There are only a few professions which are in such high demand as they will offer you a job from the UK. If you lean your CV towards the IT side of admin it might give you more opportunities.
Cheers
Old Dec 15th 2006, 7:11 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by mcuddy1
Hi Guys
I think it will be very hard to get an offer from the UK ,from experience they only take you seriously when you sit down in front of them. There are only a few professions which are in such high demand as they will offer you a job from the UK. If you lean your CV towards the IT side of admin it might give you more opportunities.
Cheers

Hi again

We were thinking of maybe going over for 6 months and seeing if we can get a job offer - but not so sure of chances.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.