Anyone....?

Old Sep 27th 2006, 5:55 pm
Actually just Adie

Jac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Anyone....?

Originally Posted by andy&georgina
Thanks Jac - that would be great if he could give me some more info.

Went on the Gov site and its not to clear.

Georgina
Hi ya,

All can say is what i have said on here before. I work as a video editor, and only have a HND qualification, which i needed to have assessed by NZQA, although this came back as expected, just took a few weeks. Anyway, When we worked out the points (on the NZIS website, http://www.immigration.govt.nz/nzopp...ledmigrant.htm click the link in the grey box) we only came out with 100 points, which although enough to qualify it meant we would have sat in the pool for a while. So when I looked into the various categories within the skill migrant application (future growth areas, clusters and absolute skills shortage) I realised that I was very loosely in all of them, so I claimed points for them, pushing our total to 130 points, enough to get selected from the pool without a job offer. now NZIS later said I did not qualify for these areas, but by then we had been selected and still the 100 points .

Now I realise that not everybody is in this position, but if you have a genuine 100 points then try to push these up by claiming for any thing that you may loosely be eligible for, claiming ignorance as an excuse. the worst NZIS will do is strip away anything you can't have after you've been selected, and it should speed up getting selected from the pool.

If you decide to apply under skilled migrant without a job offer, you can change your EOI at anytime, so should get a job offer you can add this to your application, no mater how far through the process you are. Should you do this your application would then be fast-tracked.

Sorry for waffling on, but this is the first time Jac has allowed me near keyboard for a while so I'm making the most of it while I can .

Adie

BTW if you need more specifics please PM me.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 5:59 pm
Actually just Adie

Jac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Claire

Thanks again for your info - went on the Gov site but its not to clear. I do not think we will qualify for skills.

If you get a job offer do you get PR automatically do you know?

When do you hope to be in NZ by?

Georgina
Me again,

You don't get automatic PR for having a job offer, you still need to go through the application process, and for fill the Police and medical check requirements, however they will fast track your application so you can take up your position as quickly as possible

Adie
Old Sep 27th 2006, 6:08 pm
Banned

andy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jac&Adie
Me again,

You don't get automatic PR for having a job offer, you still need to go through the application process, and for fill the Police and medical check requirements, however they will fast track your application so you can take up your position as quickly as possible

Adie

Hiya Adie

Thanks for all the info really appreciate it.

I will have a look at the link and see how many points we can get

sorry I am new to all this - so if we have a job offer then do we apply for PR is this right?

Have fun on the PC while you are allowed
Old Sep 27th 2006, 6:25 pm
Actually just Adie

Hiya Adie

Thanks for all the info really appreciate it.

I will have a look at the link and see how many points we can get

sorry I am new to all this - so if we have a job offer then do we apply for PR is this right?

Have fun on the PC while you are allowed
Yea,

At the start we were about as confused as you, and there is light at the end of the tunnel - honest

Yes If you have a job offer for full time employment (not a part time or Self employed contract) then PR is best way to go. However if you have 100 points without job try PR app anyway, should you get a job you can always add it to your app when you get the offer.

However if you don't make the grade you can always look to going out on work visa, get a job then apply to have your visa changed to PR, however residence applications from inside NZ take considerably longer that those lodged from within UK. Although I have no experience of the other categories so I won't try to add anything here, and I'm sure somebody who as gone down an alternative route will be along at some point soon to add there 2 penith
Old Sep 29th 2006, 2:08 pm
Banned

andy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jac&Adie
Yea,

At the start we were about as confused as you, and there is light at the end of the tunnel - honest

Yes If you have a job offer for full time employment (not a part time or Self employed contract) then PR is best way to go. However if you have 100 points without job try PR app anyway, should you get a job you can always add it to your app when you get the offer.

However if you don't make the grade you can always look to going out on work visa, get a job then apply to have your visa changed to PR, however residence applications from inside NZ take considerably longer that those lodged from within UK. Although I have no experience of the other categories so I won't try to add anything here, and I'm sure somebody who as gone down an alternative route will be along at some point soon to add there 2 penith

Thanks Jac&Adie

I think we will have to try and get a job offer either through me going on a working visa or an offer whilst in UK.

As Andy is too old to get a working holiday visa how can he be with me in NZ? I know he can stay up to 6 months...

Thanks G
Old Sep 29th 2006, 2:10 pm

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya

Where did you live? We are in Newbury
we lived in Hamstead Marshall for some years - lovely old farmhouse we had there. and dyou remember the Prep school? its gone now I think
Old Sep 29th 2006, 2:15 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by islandmom
we lived in Hamstead Marshall for some years - lovely old farmhouse we had there. and dyou remember the Prep school? its gone now I think

Hi

Never been to Hamstead Marshall - Andy has biked there before - not sure if the school is still there .
Old Sep 29th 2006, 2:21 pm

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Never been to Hamstead Marshall - Andy has biked there before - not sure if the school is still there .

its nice - although I cuoldnt believe Newbury when I visited for the first time in many years last year! couldnt find my way round, none of the roads seemed the same, everything changed!! I mean I'm in the era of the old Camp Hobsons on the high street, non pedestrianised and the outside swimming pool!

I've never seen a town change so dramatically in 10 years - even the road system of how to get there!
Old Sep 30th 2006, 9:09 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Scuse me for butting in.
I would really recommend you fill in the EOI withn all your details. Should you fail as an applicant for PR, I believe you will be directed to other options.
We applied on my points only, no job offer, but just honesty with NZIS and were granted residency last year.
Now returning residents, just need to sell my house.

BEST OF LUCK
Old Oct 1st 2006, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

donscbr6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Georgina & Andy,

Unless you have some NZ connection, your best bet is 'skilled migrant' or 'work to residency'. I've recently sent off my application and am waiting to see if I've got the green light- one can only live in Reading for so long... The forms seem pretty daunting, but once you start filling them out they're actually quite straight forward. It takes a bit of time to get all the info they require together, took me a couple of months.

Good luck...
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 9:42 am
Banned

Originally Posted by donscbr6
Hi Georgina & Andy,

Unless you have some NZ connection, your best bet is 'skilled migrant' or 'work to residency'. I've recently sent off my application and am waiting to see if I've got the green light- one can only live in Reading for so long... The forms seem pretty daunting, but once you start filling them out they're actually quite straight forward. It takes a bit of time to get all the info they require together, took me a couple of months.

Good luck...

Hi Donscbr6

Thanks for your reply.....

Reading hey? Just down the road then in lovely Newbury here

We have looked at the skills and with customer serv & admin skills do no think this will suffice - how can you do the work to residency ??

G
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Andy & Georgina,

Basically you get a 2 year work visa, and then apply for residency once you're in NZ with work. I had a friend who went out there and did just that, she said it was so much easier doing it that way than trying to do it from the UK. I think the only catch is that to get a work visa you have to be under a certain age- Think it's 28, but not 100% sure on that one.

Cheers,

Don.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 7:46 pm
Banned

Hi Andy & Georgina,

Basically you get a 2 year work visa, and then apply for residency once you're in NZ with work. I had a friend who went out there and did just that, she said it was so much easier doing it that way than trying to do it from the UK. I think the only catch is that to get a work visa you have to be under a certain age- Think it's 28, but not 100% sure on that one.

Cheers,

Don.

Yikes 28? :scared:

Im 28 in Dec........
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

Yikes 28? :scared:

Im 28 in Dec........

In that case you've got a good 13 months to get a work visa!!! Thing is, once you're out there you'll get work no problem, and depending on what kind of work you do, you may get in with a reputable company who are prepared to sponsor you to stay- but if not you can still apply for residency, as long as you show that you're in a stable job and not trying to blag benifits off the government. If only this country had similar principals.....
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute

In that case you've got a good 13 months to get a work visa!!! Thing is, once you're out there you'll get work no problem, and depending on what kind of work you do, you may get in with a reputable company who are prepared to sponsor you to stay- but if not you can still apply for residency, as long as you show that you're in a stable job and not trying to blag benifits off the government. If only this country had similar principals.....
Hi I was under the impression that will take you up to the age of 56! :scared: :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.