Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Anybody out there in Kapiti coast or welly region?

Anybody out there in Kapiti coast or welly region?

Old Jul 22nd 2007, 8:27 am
Just Joined

jayjaysaxking has a brilliant futurejayjaysaxking has a brilliant futurejayjaysaxking has a brilliant futurejayjaysaxking has a brilliant futurejayjaysaxking has a brilliant futurejayjaysaxking has a brilliant future
Default Anybody out there in Kapiti coast or welly region?

Hi there, haven't posted for ages but I suppose this is a plee to meet up with anyone in my area. Here's a little bit about myself.
I'm 38, single and moved out to Wellington area in late March of this year just to give it a go and experience a new lifestyle. I had a job in Paraparaumu and was travelling up and down daily from Tawa. I've moved up here to the Kapiti coast but have yet to meet up with anyone really. The friend I was originally stopping with has returned to the UK. Without sounding too much of a sad, billy no mates, was just wondering if there's anyone in the local area who just fancies meeting up for a natter over a brew. Am finding it very difficult being here not really knowing anyone and missing my friends and family back in the UK. I want to give it a good go out here but each day makes it more and more tempting to go home due to lonliness. Hope there's peeps out there who fancy meeting up.
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

jackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nice
Default Re: Anybody out there in Kapiti coast or welly region?

Originally Posted by jayjaysaxking
Hi there, haven't posted for ages but I suppose this is a plee to meet up with anyone in my area. Here's a little bit about myself.
I'm 38, single and moved out to Wellington area in late March of this year just to give it a go and experience a new lifestyle. I had a job in Paraparaumu and was travelling up and down daily from Tawa. I've moved up here to the Kapiti coast but have yet to meet up with anyone really. The friend I was originally stopping with has returned to the UK. Without sounding too much of a sad, billy no mates, was just wondering if there's anyone in the local area who just fancies meeting up for a natter over a brew. Am finding it very difficult being here not really knowing anyone and missing my friends and family back in the UK. I want to give it a good go out here but each day makes it more and more tempting to go home due to lonliness. Hope there's peeps out there who fancy meeting up.
Sorry that you are feeling a bit low - I guess thats to be expected so dont beat yourself up. Cant help you re meeting up etc cos I am still in the UK but there sem to be a few people from your area on here and I just know one of them will be in touch.
My OH and I are coming over for a recce in Feb and will be staying with friends in Waikanae. They have been there 2 years and have settled well even tho they have had a few probs. It must be harder for a single person tho. Do you work in a sociable environment?
Hang onto that dream that you had back in the UK and don't give up on it just yet.Just to make you feel a bit better, the weather here since May has been absolutely soul destroying - worse than I can ever remember.
Take care.
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 9:24 am
Just Joined

jayjaysaxking has a brilliant futurejayjaysaxking has a brilliant futurejayjaysaxking has a brilliant futurejayjaysaxking has a brilliant futurejayjaysaxking has a brilliant futurejayjaysaxking has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jackietyfry
Sorry that you are feeling a bit low - I guess thats to be expected so dont beat yourself up. Cant help you re meeting up etc cos I am still in the UK but there sem to be a few people from your area on here and I just know one of them will be in touch.
My OH and I are coming over for a recce in Feb and will be staying with friends in Waikanae. They have been there 2 years and have settled well even tho they have had a few probs. It must be harder for a single person tho. Do you work in a sociable environment?
Hang onto that dream that you had back in the UK and don't give up on it just yet.Just to make you feel a bit better, the weather here since May has been absolutely soul destroying - worse than I can ever remember.
Take care.
thanks for the reply. It has been more difficult than I imagined and my job didn't really work out. I've finished there and am looking for something else. In the meantime I'm waiting for some decent weather up on Mt Rauhapue to go and do a bit of snowboarding. I've heard the weather in the UK has been extremely dire. That's one thing that's been funny to hear over here, all the kiwis moaning about how cold it's been. Get real. It's winter and it's hardly dropped below 10 degrees and not rained that much up to now.
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 9:44 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

I recall you seemed really keen before you arrived and then posted a few weeks ago that your friend had moved on. Really sorry it isn't working out the way you expected. There is a large BE contingency around there/Wellington: may well be worth PM'ing some of them to see if they are up for a meet-up. Hope things pick up for you soon, karma for your predicament.
Karen B
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Jay,
Have sent you an e mail. Send PM to "Winnie", she's my mate from Paraparamu.
Dee

Old Jul 22nd 2007, 10:46 am
Actually just Adie

Jac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of light

I've PM'ed you, we'll sort something out

Adie