Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Any teachers in NZ

Any teachers in NZ

Old Jul 16th 2009, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

educateer is just really niceeducateer is just really niceeducateer is just really niceeducateer is just really niceeducateer is just really niceeducateer is just really niceeducateer is just really niceeducateer is just really niceeducateer is just really niceeducateer is just really nice
Default Any teachers in NZ

I was wondering if any teachers had issues with WTR and PR when getting their visas.

I can't see how a WTR would work being a teacher as the notice periods in our current positions in the UK are long, and pretty muched fixed to end at each term. Then to have to find work in NZ within such as short time frame when teaching recruitment is seasonal I start to worry.

Have most teachers been issued with PR due to these issues?

Timing seems to be my biggest concern at the moment.

Thanks
Old Jul 17th 2009, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

thedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Any teachers in NZ

Originally Posted by educateer
I was wondering if any teachers had issues with WTR and PR when getting their visas.

I can't see how a WTR would work being a teacher as the notice periods in our current positions in the UK are long, and pretty muched fixed to end at each term. Then to have to find work in NZ within such as short time frame when teaching recruitment is seasonal I start to worry.

Have most teachers been issued with PR due to these issues?

Timing seems to be my biggest concern at the moment.

Thanks
Hello educateer

We're in a similar position but have decided to just take the plunge... it doesn't quite answer your questions but to give you an idea of what we're doing see my posts here and here.

Regards

David
Old Jul 21st 2009, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all

not too sure if this helps at all

but my wife got her teaching job within 2 days of arriving ( it was a few years ago.. but i suspect the demand for teachers is still high)

we only had a working holiday visa.. but with that job offer we converted to full PR within 2 months ( took that long for the paperwork and medicals.. yes i realise its a 2 stage process now.. but again.. she got all the support from the school she needed)

i think its a case of "get out here" and the job will come
Old Jul 21st 2009, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

thedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DeepSix

but my wife got her teaching job within 2 days of arriving ( it was a few years ago.. but i suspect the demand for teachers is still high)

we only had a working holiday visa.. but with that job offer we converted to full PR within 2 months ( took that long for the paperwork and medicals.. yes i realise its a 2 stage process now.. but again.. she got all the support from the school she needed)

We're so hoping that works out for us!

Is your wife a Primary or Secondary School Teacher?
Old Aug 16th 2009, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all

sorry for the delay in the response

she is a secondary school teacher
Old Aug 16th 2009, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

educateer is just really niceeducateer is just really niceeducateer is just really niceeducateer is just really niceeducateer is just really niceeducateer is just really niceeducateer is just really niceeducateer is just really niceeducateer is just really niceeducateer is just really nice

Thanks for the replies. I guess that I just need to be confident that everything will work out OK.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

shaikav is just really niceshaikav is just really niceshaikav is just really niceshaikav is just really niceshaikav is just really niceshaikav is just really niceshaikav is just really niceshaikav is just really nice

hi. can anybody help. i'm a secondary teacher from mauritius.is there any chance for ma to move to nz. already sent my eoi. its been selected but still waiting for ITA.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

shaikav is just really niceshaikav is just really niceshaikav is just really niceshaikav is just really niceshaikav is just really niceshaikav is just really niceshaikav is just really niceshaikav is just really nice

hi. can anybody help. i'm a secondary teacher from mauritius.is there any chance for ma to move to nz. already sent my eoi. its been selected but still waiting for ITA.