Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Any suggestions....

Any suggestions....

Old Jul 14th 2005, 3:57 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Any suggestions....

........On how to undo 39 years of mild alcohol and unmild chocolate abuse in just under 24 hours!!!

We've got our medicals tomorrow and to say that I am a little nervous would be putting it mildly...:scared: :scared:

I think I'm going to have to chat the doctor up mercilessly to get us all through....

Any words of wisdom/comfort???

Old Jul 14th 2005, 4:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of
Default Re: Any suggestions....

Caz,
You better learn some crazy yoga stuff for controlling your blood pressure over night tonite!!!

Dave
(Back from workathon...now just a lazyin about!!!)

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
........On how to undo 39 years of mild alcohol and unmild chocolate abuse in just under 24 hours!!!

We've got our medicals tomorrow and to say that I am a little nervous would be putting it mildly...:scared: :scared:

I think I'm going to have to chat the doctor up mercilessly to get us all through....

Old Jul 14th 2005, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute

No words of wisdom/comfort, just some karma to wish you luck.

I know exactly how you feel, just a tad concerned about my medical.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 4:13 pm

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

wear heels (always makes you more confident), a low cut top, flutter your eyelashes, just a hint of perfume, and pray the doctor's not a woman
Old Jul 14th 2005, 4:13 pm
Not a Junior Member!

Lisa T has a spectacular aura aboutLisa T has a spectacular aura aboutLisa T has a spectacular aura about

Well if I got through they'll pass anyone.

Doctor even commented on how low my blood pressure was and this was allowing for the fact that I had been living with no kitchen and a house full of builders for the previous 3 weeks!

It's amazing how a fist full of dosh can make anyone seem healthy!!
Old Jul 14th 2005, 4:19 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paladin
Caz,
You better learn some crazy yoga stuff for controlling your blood pressure over night tonite!!!

Dave
OMG!!!!.....And just where the blummin' heck have you been!!!

Explanations required...did ya get it???? Jeez Dave, me and Mark have been out of our minds with worry!!!!

Edit:- Just read your timeline...Woohooo.....

Last edited by Pinkie Pie; Jul 14th 2005 at 4:25 pm.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 4:24 pm
Don't let me get me....

Originally Posted by bookemjano
wear heels (always makes you more confident), a low cut top, flutter your eyelashes, just a hint of perfume, and pray the doctor's not a woman
It's definitely a man!! I've spoken to him a couple of times already - being a bit of a nervous nellie - and he seems really nice on the phone...

<<<Pinkie runs off to dig out her wonderbra for good luck...and blows the cobwebs off her high heels... >>>>
Old Jul 14th 2005, 4:31 pm
Don't let me get me....

Originally Posted by planty
No words of wisdom/comfort, just some karma to wish you luck.

I know exactly how you feel, just a tad concerned about my medical.
a tad concerned is putting it mildly Planty...my stomach is doing somersaults!!!

Thanks for the karma and btw I love your avatar....
Old Jul 14th 2005, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

susannah has a brilliant futuresusannah has a brilliant futuresusannah has a brilliant futuresusannah has a brilliant futuresusannah has a brilliant futuresusannah has a brilliant future

a tad concerned is putting it mildly Planty...my stomach is doing somersaults!!!

Relax. If you are nervous your blood presure will shoot up sky wards. Try Rescue Remedie (its great ). It calms you down through just about anything. And its legal

Good luck sending you karma

Susi
Old Jul 14th 2005, 5:50 pm
Franklin

I remember the scene at my medical (re: entry to the USA), the scene was so funny, we had cubicles to undress in, we lined up and got our chest x-ray, lined up to have blood taken, then lined up to see the doc. The doc seemed more interested in why I was going to the USA. But the really funny bit was when a nurse took my blood, I am very docile and cooperative when medics want to take blood or work on my teeth, so the nurse took the blood from one of my arms and looked the other way (as you do), and blow me, the nurse waved the tube supposedly containing a sample of my blood in front of my eyes and asked me to sign it, just some verification process.

Old Jul 14th 2005, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

nivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Paladin
Caz,

Dave
THE PRODIGAL RETURNS!
We wondered where you had got to!!!!!!!

Its good to see you back and on the road to adventure! :scared:
Look forward to hearing from you more.
Sent you some karma to welcome you back.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 6:23 pm
Don't let me get me....

Originally Posted by nivlem
THE PRODIGAL RETURNS!
We wondered where you had got to!!!!!!!

Its good to see you back and on the road to adventure! :scared:
Look forward to hearing from you more.
Sent you some karma to welcome you back.
He's only posted once and nicked off again!!! Damn that man!!!
Old Jul 14th 2005, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

nivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud of

Hi Caroline,

Honestly, you'll be fine!
If I can pass the medical stage with my family history :scared: , and having a good part of last year off through one thing or another, you certainly can!
(High heels and lashes of mascara didn't cut tho, the doc was a woman!)
They put us all completely as ease and were lovely. The scariest bit was getting there and meeting everyone.
For all four of us it took about an hour and a half for the meds and half hour all in for the xrays.
We'll be thinking of you.x
Will send some karma (if i can!)
Sorry wont let me, will owe you!

Cathy.

Last edited by nivlem; Jul 14th 2005 at 6:34 pm.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 6:32 pm

Dave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant future

Calm down dear, it's only a medical (of course we probably wouldn't be thinking that if we were just about to take our medicals!!)

Yep, Rescue Remedy is one solution. The weather being hot at the minute won't help so try taking a cool bath or shower.
I'll ask Lyns of anything else we could recommend when she get's in later.

Anyway, hope everything goes OK and let us know the outcome.

Dave
Old Jul 14th 2005, 7:00 pm
Franklin

I find this helps me ... concentrate on something that is content neutral and relaxing such as a sea gull facing the wind and just hanging there, a sail boat lazily moving across an ocean, a penguin following behind another penguin ... it's going to be OK, just don't think about it, think about something else that relaxes you, and stay focused on that. You don't even have to cross your fingers - honestly, just focus on something that relaxes you, that really will help.

Last edited by Franklin; Jul 14th 2005 at 7:17 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.