Any sparkies...?

Old Aug 25th 2010, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

dave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nice
Default Any sparkies...?

Hey!

Just wondered if any sparkies soon to be emigrating are booked onto the Health & Safety course at NZ house with Nick Chandler on Monday 4th October?

If so I shall see you there! ..
Old Aug 26th 2010, 8:26 am

Flower Pot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any sparkies...?

No but good luck Dave!

Hubbys a sparky - he started work here 5 weeks ago and did his course through work... all straight forward!

Going to send off for his prov licence soon

When and where are you headed?
Old Aug 26th 2010, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

crumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to behold
Wink Re: Any sparkies...?

No, we are not doing it yet, OH and I are probably going to postpone till next year, as we just cant get things done here in the time scales for WTR.

But heaps of good luck with the course.

Let us know how it goes.

Anna
Old Aug 26th 2010, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

dave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Flower Pot
No but good luck Dave!

Hubbys a sparky - he started work here 5 weeks ago and did his course through work... all straight forward!

Going to send off for his prov licence soon

When and where are you headed?
Thanks Flower pot! Glad the course went well, good luck with the prov license, it should all be straightforward from here

We're heading waaay down south to Dunedin, it is looking like mid October but until we get visas confirmed its all still up in the air

How are you settling in, enjoying life in NZ?
Old Aug 26th 2010, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by crumpy10
No, we are not doing it yet, OH and I are probably going to postpone till next year, as we just cant get things done here in the time scales for WTR.

But heaps of good luck with the course.

Let us know how it goes.

Anna
Thanks Anna,

Sorry to here you're postponing, I know what you mean with the timescales. Its all a last minute rush for us and trust me its not good for your 'grey hair count'! Looking forward to getting out there just to relax

Will let you know how it goes
Old Aug 26th 2010, 8:43 pm

Smile Re: Any sparkies...?

Originally Posted by dave77
Thanks Flower pot! Glad the course went well, good luck with the prov license, it should all be straightforward from here

We're heading waaay down south to Dunedin, it is looking like mid October but until we get visas confirmed its all still up in the air

How are you settling in, enjoying life in NZ?
!!!

Ooh heading to the cold parts of this lovely country! Haven't made it to the SI yet but heard its beautiful We prefer the sub-tropical climate of the North Shore!

Its awful waiting for the visa outcome but it will allll we worth it when your supping a beer on a beautiful beach

Settling in great thanks, loving it here! We have been staying with my folks but get keys to our own place today, so excited! Plus new furniture we ordered and our container stuff we shipped are being delivered tomoro!

Life is good Good luck with everything, stay in touch and when we head to the SI next yr we can pop by and say Hi!
Old Aug 27th 2010, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

!!!

Ooh heading to the cold parts of this lovely country! Haven't made it to the SI yet but heard its beautiful We prefer the sub-tropical climate of the North Shore!

Its awful waiting for the visa outcome but it will allll we worth it when your supping a beer on a beautiful beach

Settling in great thanks, loving it here! We have been staying with my folks but get keys to our own place today, so excited! Plus new furniture we ordered and our container stuff we shipped are being delivered tomoro!

Life is good Good luck with everything, stay in touch and when we head to the SI next yr we can pop by and say Hi!
Lol! Yeah we're braving the cold south, I'm not sure the wife knows what she's letting herself in for yet (leccy blankets all round I think!!)

North shore looks lovely, my Cousin is heading there in September so I'm sure we will pay it a visit a some stage!

Hope your container arrives safe and sound, who did you use in the end? We are due to book ours in the next week or so.

The SI is beautiful (but I've never been to the NI!) feel free to pop and say hi if you're ever down that far (I'd definitely recommend it for the Speights brewery and Cadbury tour alone )
Old Oct 5th 2010, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

Hey there,

I just got back from my EWRB Health & Safety course at NZ House with Nick Chandler ... was supposed to be yesterday, but due to tube strike I managed to change the days!

It was a really interesting day, gave you a good insight into the NZ regs and wiring systems etc. with a few laughs along the way

Gotta say, Nick Chandler is a top bloke and I would definitely recommend any sparkies planning on moving to NZ to go on the course if like me you want to get your provisional license sorted asap. He also put my mind at rest about the 3rd stage practical and NZ reg courses I'm doing in November!

Cheers
Old Oct 7th 2010, 3:51 am

Thats good to hear Dave, glad it went well!
We have sent off the form for OH's prov licence now, just waiting for it to come back... he then has to contemplate the dreaded full registration!
You can have the prov. for a year you know so dont need to take the 3rd stage and regs exam straight away if you dont want to... Just in case you didnt know. Plus I believe its cheaper to do in NZ than in the UK?

And I think you need to have a job offer/NZ employer to sponsor you to get the prov? Might be wrong!

Oh and sorry, though I replied to your last question... you may have already booked it but we used John Masons for the container, they were excellent and by far the cheapest!

Any idea of arrival date yet?
Old Oct 7th 2010, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

Thats good to hear Dave, glad it went well!
We have sent off the form for OH's prov licence now, just waiting for it to come back... he then has to contemplate the dreaded full registration!
You can have the prov. for a year you know so dont need to take the 3rd stage and regs exam straight away if you dont want to... Just in case you didnt know. Plus I believe its cheaper to do in NZ than in the UK?

And I think you need to have a job offer/NZ employer to sponsor you to get the prov? Might be wrong!

Oh and sorry, though I replied to your last question... you may have already booked it but we used John Masons for the container, they were excellent and by far the cheapest!

Any idea of arrival date yet?
Hi Flower pot!

Good luck with the provisional registration, hope you're not waiting too long to hear
We fly out next Friday and arrive in ChCh on Monday 18th. We're stopping there for a week to see friends then heading down south!
I'm doing the 3rd stage and regs back to back Spoke to my employer and they are keen for me to get them out the way early (I suppose so they dont have to supervise me for too long!) just hope its not too much too soon
Thats funny we've gone with John Mason too, they are coming next Wednesday to start packing up ... good that you have had a good experience with them

Take care, speak soon