Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

ANY SOULIES OUT THERE ?

ANY SOULIES OUT THERE ?

Old Apr 15th 2008, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

alice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nice
Smile ANY SOULIES OUT THERE ?

We're hoping to move to NZ - My hubby is into northern soul music in a big way ! Does anyone know of any all nighters going on ?

Or will we have to start some ourselves ? Love Alice
Old Apr 15th 2008, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

malcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ANY SOULIES OUT THERE ?

Start one up and i will join in when we get there in August. Used to live in Wigan Pier when home on leave from the Army in the 70's.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

Stef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud of

Hello,

This reply won't help you at all but I had to comment...

My Dad is into Northern Soul is a big way also and he is actually a DJ and has just set up his own soul night! It never ceases to amaze me when I used to go to the nights how far people travel to go to the them, they will drive for hours!!! Where are you from in the UK? I lived in Chesterfield. My Dad would love to live in New Zealand but he would need to know about Northern Soul to, LOL.

I am sure if you go to a city (Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch...) you will find a soul night!
Old Apr 15th 2008, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

alice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nice

Originally Posted by Stef_Paul
Hello,

This reply won't help you at all but I had to comment...

My Dad is into Northern Soul is a big way also and he is actually a DJ and has just set up his own soul night! It never ceases to amaze me when I used to go to the nights how far people travel to go to the them, they will drive for hours!!! Where are you from in the UK? I lived in Chesterfield. My Dad would love to live in New Zealand but he would need to know about Northern Soul to, LOL.

I am sure if you go to a city (Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch...) you will find a soul night!
Hi Stef & Paul
We're from Rotherham ! not far from Chesterfield
I bet your dad's been to Samantha's at Sheffield ! We went to the last one at xmas.

We go to 3 regular venues a month - but within taxi distance ( need a drink ) Going to Brid. in June -3 nighter ( Fri. Sat. & Sun.)
Staying in a hotel - My sister's having our kids Can't wait !!!

Where does your Dad DJ ?

Love Alice xxxxxxx
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:57 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Northern Soul ? You may find you have to hop the pond. Bring it to Nelson !
Old Apr 16th 2008, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Stef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by alice goodwin
Hi Stef & Paul
We're from Rotherham ! not far from Chesterfield
I bet your dad's been to Samantha's at Sheffield ! We went to the last one at xmas.

We go to 3 regular venues a month - but within taxi distance ( need a drink ) Going to Brid. in June -3 nighter ( Fri. Sat. & Sun.)
Staying in a hotel - My sister's having our kids Can't wait !!!

Where does your Dad DJ ?

Love Alice xxxxxxx
Hello Alice,

Where my Dad DJ's isn't going to sound very glamorous but they are cracking nights! The one he guest DJ's at is in a hall attached to the welfare in Pilsley. It's in Soul mags or websites I think and people come from Skegness, Lincs etc to it every month. Also the one he does is in a different welfare in a place called Calow. He has only just started that bless him but he says it is going well. I am sure one day he is hoping to do the bigger places! He has an amazing record collection and I keep telling him to look after them as they will be mine one day and they ae worth a bob or two! LOL

Enjoy Brid and get yourselves oner to NZ

Stef x x
Old Apr 17th 2008, 12:04 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Does it spiral, or have corners?
Old Apr 17th 2008, 12:18 pm
`

Alice. Let's party on down ! Gawd I miss that beat.

Old Apr 17th 2008, 12:20 pm
`

and the classic everyone knows.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 12:22 pm
`

I could do with a few moves.

Old Apr 17th 2008, 12:31 pm
`

Frank Wilson - do i love you

Old Apr 17th 2008, 7:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

malcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond repute

I could be on one of them photo's !!!!
Old Apr 18th 2008, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Hi Bev ! They were brilliant ! cheers !!
My OH dancers like that - It's so sexy!
I just shuffle along when I'm a bit tipsy - But I draw the line at talc!
I hate it when they sprinkle it all over the floor - I just end up slipping !!

Love Alice xxxxxxx
Old Apr 18th 2008, 9:52 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alice goodwin
Hi Bev ! They were brilliant ! cheers !!
My OH dancers like that - It's so sexy!

Love Alice xxxxxxx

OMG! Thank you! I've followed that link from Bevs and I'm absolutely rapt! I'm listening to Jack Montgomery now - this is the soul where The Commitments came from!

This is my absolutely favourite music - and Alice, you're right - it's THE most sexy music around!

Has anyone heard the Jools Holland/Tom Jones soul album? You can get it on Limewire - My Babe - droooooooooooolllllllllll
Old Apr 18th 2008, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Bev !
i know I risk sounding stupid - But I can't get any sound on the videos you've posted - i'm not very good with a computer !
Do you know what I'm doing wrong or what do I press to get sound ?

I can't wait to show them to OH - It's 1 thing that puts him off moving - He'll miss his soul nites.

He's a joiner/carpenter so I'm trying to persuade him to lay a nice smooth wooden floor when we get to NZ - Bring over all his record collection - & bob's your uncle - soul nites at mine !!!

We've been looking at Nelson or Harkes Bay , coming over in October - hoping to decide which area to move to then !!

Love Alice xxxxxxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.