Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Any Social Workers out there!! -moved to main forum

Any Social Workers out there!! -moved to main forum

Old Jun 21st 2008, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

jack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nice
Default Any Social Workers out there!! -moved to main forum

Hi

We have put in our EOI and have been selected just waiting to hear!! I am a Qualified Social Worker, has anyone got any info re: social work agencies or where to find jobs advertised?

Thanks Jackie
Old Jun 21st 2008, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

Sharon005 is a jewel in the roughSharon005 is a jewel in the roughSharon005 is a jewel in the roughSharon005 is a jewel in the roughSharon005 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Any Social Workers out there!!

Hi Jackie

I too am a qualified social worker looking to me to NZ. Most of the jobs are on www.seek.co.nz. You will find most jobs advertised are in the Auckland area.
Good luck with your EOI we are just waiting for our police reports to come back so we can submit our ITA.

Sharon
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 12:50 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi Jackie and welcome to this little NZ forum. Have some newbie karma to start you off.

Although it's your intro post, I'm going to move your thread into the main NZ forum where it will be seen by more people who may be able to help. You never know,

Here is a link to The Association of NZ Social Workers.
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

PHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Any Social Workers out there!! -moved to main forum

Originally Posted by jack1971
Hi

We have put in our EOI and have been selected just waiting to hear!! I am a Qualified Social Worker, has anyone got any info re: social work agencies or where to find jobs advertised?

Thanks Jackie
I to am a social worker and have full PR but waiting for house to sell.
We are going in September to Bay Of Plenty Area for 2 weeks to activate our visa's and checkout schools ect. then return to UK to sell House and hopefully emigrate very shortly afterwards.
Anyway try this link it has jobs all over NZ.

http://www.cyf.govt.nz/932.htm
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

jack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nice
Default Re: Any Social Workers out there!! -moved to main forum

Originally Posted by PHONEJUNKY
I to am a social worker and have full PR but waiting for house to sell.
We are going in September to Bay Of Plenty Area for 2 weeks to activate our visa's and checkout schools ect. then return to UK to sell House and hopefully emigrate very shortly afterwards.
Anyway try this link it has jobs all over NZ.

http://www.cyf.govt.nz/932.htm
Thanks for the info, I have been intouch with two agencies Medlink and New Zealand Social Work Recruitment. You can only commit to one but i am unsure which one with give the best options. We were in New Zealand for a month in December and we really like the Bay of Plenty, we stayed at Papamoa Beach (Top 10 Holiday Parks). What area of Social Work are you going to be doing?

Jackie
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BEVS here
Hi Jackie and welcome to this little NZ forum. Have some newbie karma to start you off.

Although it's your intro post, I'm going to move your thread into the main NZ forum where it will be seen by more people who may be able to help. You never know,

Here is a link to The Association of NZ Social Workers.
Thanks for that, I'm just finding my way around the site, I often read them but never seem to have the time to sit down and ask all the questions that are always spinning around my head!! Must be working full time and having 2 kids!

Thanks again Jackie