Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

any singletons going out, are we mad??

any singletons going out, are we mad??

Old Aug 17th 2005, 12:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Sugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of light
Default any singletons going out, are we mad??

im going out to NZ next month to live and work, hoever i dont know anyone there.

Yep im leaving all my family and friends in the UK to move the otherside of the world.

Anyone else in the same boat, are we crazy, i just think i should get out there and will hopefully make some mates quickly but it is a daunting thought, ive only finished uni a few years ago and am back living near my family, i kinda enjoy spending the odd weekend with them and stuff, think i will miss that.

but i have this overriding feeling that i need to get out of the UK to experience a new way of living and move on a bit.

Just feel like nothing is moving on here, nothing has changed .

Anyone else feel the same and are off on their own ???
Old Aug 17th 2005, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

England Girl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: any singletons going out, are we mad??

I moved to NZ in June 2003 on a working holiday visa on my own. I'm now back in the UK but I will always remember my time in NZ for the friends I made. When I left I felt as though I was leaving behind new families I had bonded with.
I never got homesick in NZ but I've been more homesick since I returned, funny isn't it!
I was away for 18 months (got a work visa) and in that time I had countless invitations from friends wanting to host me at Christmas and New Year as they knew I had no family to spend that festive time with.
I wouldn't worry at all about going alone, in fact, it's a chance for you to break the mould and be someone or try something new.
NZ and my NZ friends introduced me to a whole new world and I have now changed the way I live because of my experience.
I lived in a small town and my friends were made at work, through work or through out of work activities (sport and search and rescue).
Life is what you make it and I made the most of it while I was there. Hope you have the same good fortune as I did.

Alison
Old Aug 17th 2005, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

Panda_Pops has a brilliant futurePanda_Pops has a brilliant futurePanda_Pops has a brilliant futurePanda_Pops has a brilliant futurePanda_Pops has a brilliant futurePanda_Pops has a brilliant futurePanda_Pops has a brilliant future

Hi Sugo,

Excuse me for asking, but are you male or female?

If you're male you'll have no problems - the single female community far out-numbers the male so you're little black book will be bulging

PP
x
Old Aug 18th 2005, 7:59 pm
Make pumps lots......

Den13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really nice

Hey Sugo, you're far from alone!

I've got a job offer and am ploughing through the immigration stuff now. In fact, I'm heading over to NZ for a few weeks this Saturday to have a look to try and make some sort of informed decision as to whether or not I think I could settle in Wellington.

I'm going over and emmigrating alone. I've got no ties so am viewing this potential experience as a huge opportunity.

It is a daunting thought though....but what the hey!!
Old Aug 19th 2005, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Den13
Hey Sugo, you're far from alone!

I've got a job offer and am ploughing through the immigration stuff now. In fact, I'm heading over to NZ for a few weeks this Saturday to have a look to try and make some sort of informed decision as to whether or not I think I could settle in Wellington.

I'm going over and emmigrating alone. I've got no ties so am viewing this potential experience as a huge opportunity.

It is a daunting thought though....but what the hey!!

Hi thanks for the reply. for one of the previous replies im a bloke (whoo hoo) but im not into girls so the chances of getting it on is going to be even harder (mmm freudian slip )

Good luck with your trip, hope it goes well let us know what you find out when your back, Im seeing it as an adventure and a great opportunity, but feel kinda sad as i walk around my local town where i grew up.

But family and friends is the things i will miss the most. the thought of living in a country where i dont know anyone is daunting, but should be kewl so hopefully will be ok,

Sugo
Old Aug 21st 2005, 5:35 pm
Make pumps lots......

Den13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really nice

Lol!! Not a problem Sugo. I'm not gay, but women love gay men and for some bizarre reason gay men always try and chat me up (worrying but what the hell!) so we'll go out on the razz and one of is bound to pull!!!!
Old Aug 21st 2005, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lol!! Not a problem Sugo. I'm not gay, but women love gay men and for some bizarre reason gay men always try and chat me up (worrying but what the hell!) so we'll go out on the razz and one of is bound to pull!!!!

lol too true, i find myself getting chatted up by women all the time, im not your typical gay bloke, do all the blokey stuff, well into rugby too, so lookin to have a great time in NZ

definately up for going out on the pull with the ladies
Old Aug 21st 2005, 8:55 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugo
lol too true, i find myself getting chatted up by women all the time, im not your typical gay bloke, do all the blokey stuff, well into rugby too, so lookin to have a great time in NZ

definately up for going out on the pull with the ladies
God, that is soooo my kind of night (from my younger, single days obviously!!!)...count me in...if I can ditch my OH for the evening with the kids...

Edited to say - except for the pulling ladies bit of course or pulling blokes either for that matter...somebody take this shovel out of my hands please before the hole I am digging for myself gets any deeper...

Last edited by Pinkie Pie; Aug 21st 2005 at 9:10 pm.
Old Aug 21st 2005, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
God, that is soooo my kind of night (from my younger, single days obviously!!!)...count me in...if I can ditch my OH for the evening with the kids...

Edited to say - except for the pulling ladies bit of course or pulling blokes either for that matter...somebody take this shovel out of my hands please before the hole I am digging for myself gets any deeper...

lol anything im thinking i dare not put on here, just begging to be censored but im seeing beans and flicking, havnt got a clue what that means Pinkie, LOL

so what is it like in NZ wellington for gay blokes??????
Old Aug 21st 2005, 10:18 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugo
lol anything im thinking i dare not put on here, just begging to be censored but im seeing beans and flicking, havnt got a clue what that means Pinkie, LOL

so what is it like in NZ wellington for gay blokes??????
No please don't put anything on that I might need to edit out on a Sunday evening!!!

There is a thread on here from Frecka which covers the gay scene in NZ I think...do a search and it should come up...

Old Aug 21st 2005, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

No please don't put anything on that I might need to edit out on a Sunday evening!!!

There is a thread on here from Frecka which covers the gay scene in NZ I think...do a search and it should come up...

hey no prob, i think an imagination is a far more disturbing thing,

will check out frekas thread and do a search
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 1:01 am
Make pumps lots......

See what I mean about women and gay men??!! lol!!!
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 7:48 am
Don't let me get me....

See what I mean about women and gay men??!! lol!!!
Guilty as charged... In my much younger days, I shared a house with a gay bloke in London - think it's why I love 'Will and Grace' so much!!! Although of course I am much more sane than Grace...
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 3:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Guilty as charged... In my much younger days, I shared a house with a gay bloke in London - think it's why I love 'Will and Grace' so much!!! Although of course I am much more sane than Grace...
i think husbands should be kewl about wives going out wit gay blokes, first off the women are comfortable with em cos they usually arnt trying to get into their pants

also the gay blokes can offer advice and are usually going to make sure the ladies are safe out at night (not a sexist remark just an observation) although i have been recued a many times by a few female mates, especially when i have my beer goggles on LOL.

Getting back to the thread as with anything in life, you get what you make out of it, for my singleton move to NZ im going to put loads of effort into it and to make a decent job of settling in NZ. As for being a gay bloke, I aint changin for anyone (mmmm thought of maggie then 'the ladies not for turning) Yeah i will adapt to a new way of life and will try to intergrate with the people of NZ.

Most of the kiwisi know so far are chilled and genuine so its looking to be a great move, hard work but worth it
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 3:57 pm

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

I think all you singletons doing it alone are fantastic! There's no way I could do it alone cos I'm nesh, so good on ya.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.