Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

any singletons going out, are we mad??

any singletons going out, are we mad??

Old Aug 23rd 2005, 5:59 am
Make pumps lots......

Den13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really nice
Default Re: any singletons going out, are we mad??

Originally Posted by Sugo
i think husbands should be kewl about wives going out wit gay blokes, first off the women are comfortable with em cos they usually arnt trying to get into their pants

also the gay blokes can offer advice and are usually going to make sure the ladies are safe out at night (not a sexist remark just an observation) although i have been recued a many times by a few female mates, especially when i have my beer goggles on LOL.
:

Smooth, very smooth....... lol!!!
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Den13
Smooth, very smooth....... lol!!!

LOL ya think

i think i shouldnt type on here with night nurse intoxication

typing is awful,

just cant wait to get into NZ, fresh air, loads of space, havnt thought to much about the practicle stuff, like where to live and can i survive well on my rate of pay.

Last edited by Sugo; Aug 23rd 2005 at 2:25 pm.
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 7:56 pm
Make pumps lots......

Den13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really nice

LOL ya think

i think i shouldnt type on here with night nurse intoxication

typing is awful,

just cant wait to get into NZ, fresh air, loads of space, havnt thought to much about the practicle stuff, like where to live and can i survive well on my rate of pay.
Thats one the reasons I've come over. I want to see at first hand about accommodation and how much stuff is.

So far I know beers quite cheap. Perhaps I should start taking this a bit more seriously.........
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of light

Thats one the reasons I've come over. I want to see at first hand about accommodation and how much stuff is.

So far I know beers quite cheap. Perhaps I should start taking this a bit more seriously.........
im the same i tend to fall into things, dont really plan or worry too much just get stuck in, let us know what you think about your visit
Old Aug 24th 2005, 5:12 am
Make pumps lots......

im the same i tend to fall into things, dont really plan or worry too much just get stuck in, let us know what you think about your visit

Where are you going to be when you come over? I'll pick up some info if you want.

I'm posting in another thread about what I find here. It's A prison officers view of nz.
Old Aug 24th 2005, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Where are you going to be when you come over? I'll pick up some info if you want.

I'm posting in another thread about what I find here. It's A prison officers view of nz.

will be off to welly am looking at the hutt, and kapiti

will look for your other link, would be kewl to here from a new person going over in a similar position as me

thanks

sugo
Old Aug 24th 2005, 7:30 pm
Make pumps lots......

will be off to welly am looking at the hutt, and kapiti

will look for your other link, would be kewl to here from a new person going over in a similar position as me

thanks

sugo

Believe it or not, me too. Upper Hutt is where one of the biggest jails is, so no doubt where I and a lot of the Wgtn recruits will end up. So far, apart from quite overt racism towards asians, at least compared to what I'm used to in and around London, This is a gooood place!!
Old Aug 24th 2005, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Believe it or not, me too. Upper Hutt is where one of the biggest jails is, so no doubt where I and a lot of the Wgtn recruits will end up. So far, apart from quite overt racism towards asians, at least compared to what I'm used to in and around London, This is a gooood place!!

well good luck mate, hope it goes well, a mate of mine is thinking of going to work in a jail in auckland, im off to work in the hospital cant wait,

i was hopeing racisim would be as bad as it is in the UK, although i do feel the UK is far too PC at the moment,

muslim groups saying that middle east and asians are being singled out at baggage checks on the underground, yeah and.

the bombers were of a middle east, asian descent, so thats who they are looking for, like if a women is murded and a whit bloke is seen running away, the police arnt going to waist time speaking to other races, are they???

off topic, sorry its the lemsip, gone str8 to my head, got man flu
Old Aug 24th 2005, 8:00 pm
Make pumps lots......

well good luck mate, hope it goes well, a mate of mine is thinking of going to work in a jail in auckland, im off to work in the hospital cant wait,

i was hopeing racisim would be as bad as it is in the UK, although i do feel the UK is far too PC at the moment,

muslim groups saying that middle east and asians are being singled out at baggage checks on the underground, yeah and.

the bombers were of a middle east, asian descent, so thats who they are looking for, like if a women is murded and a whit bloke is seen running away, the police arnt going to waist time speaking to other races, are they???

off topic, sorry its the lemsip, gone str8 to my head, got man flu

Yeah, it's a prickly subject.

Don't get me wrong, I've not heard abuse being shouted in the streets or anything. It's more when you're chatting in a bar. The word 'wogs' is still in fairly common usage - it makes me laugh as it's so outdated and unacceptable everywhere. I've pointed that out and I've just had incredulous looks.

I'd been warned about it, so it wasn't a surprise, just a bit distasteful.

Like rascists everywhere, they didn't say anything within earshot of any Asians!! And it's only a very small minority of all the fabulous people I've met so I don't want to blow it out of proportion.

And BTW, man flu is a potential killer. Go sick and chill!!!!
Old Aug 25th 2005, 11:10 pm
RD1
Just Joined

RD1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, looks like I'm late in joining this thread but I sent my application off yesterday and will be giving up a job of 12 years to move to the other side of the planet to a place I've never been but like the sound of
I do know one person in Auckland though and they tell me it's nice there so I reckon that's reason enough, eh?

I have been getting some very shocked looks when I tell people what I'm doing but I've got to the point where I know there must be more to life than career ladders and office politics

It's good to see I'm not the only one going it alone maybe this means I'm not mad after all

Rich
Old Aug 26th 2005, 5:42 am
Make pumps lots......

I enjoyed Auckland.....

lots.....
Old Aug 26th 2005, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

I enjoyed Auckland.....

lots.....

Yeah anything race related, or minority related is a prickly subject, my problem is that i dont understand it.

Ive always worked in healthcare, always working closely with people from various nations, the good thing is that i never actually thought about it, in that it is never a issue, just been thinking about it and realised my first job thee was only two of us on the ward who were born in the UK. The rest were from Irland, Nigeria, Jamaica, Zimbabwe, and south Africa. I loved it.

So as ive been protected from racism, it will be weird to hear people saying overtly racist remarks, but hey, there is always a way to sort that out, chage em,

oooh i think the man flu (im sure its bird flu) has certanly gone to my head :scared:
Old Aug 26th 2005, 9:50 am
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

So Sugo, have you found the answer to your question then ...are singletons mad to be going it alone???

I think those of you that are doing it are really great - I'm sure I could have done it in my younger days but am quite happy to know that I'll have my OH and kids there with me when we go...

I've sent you a big dose of mod karma to chase away your cold..oops sorry Man Flu...
Old Aug 26th 2005, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
So Sugo, have you found the answer to your question then ...are singletons mad to be going it alone???

I think those of you that are doing it are really great - I'm sure I could have done it in my younger days but am quite happy to know that I'll have my OH and kids there with me when we go...

I've sent you a big dose of mod karma to chase away your cold..oops sorry Man Flu...

LOL must get back to the thread, i always digress too much

thanks for the karma Pinkie

As for the question

yep were mad, but then anyone who is travelling the other side of the world is, but more than that were looking fr something better, something new, and we have the balls to do it. Thats singles, couples, and families.

Been reading a book lately that helped put some things in perspective.

Like when a friend says 'why so far'

the book quoted a German Jewish joke from the late 1930's holocaust era

Two jews meet in Berlin right after Hitler is made chancellor. The first says: "I am emigrating." "Where to?" asks the secnd. "Shanghai" is the answer "What! So far away?" the answer "Weit von wo?" (Far from where).

In other words home is where you make it, and if your considering moving the otherside of the world in the first place, i would say you desire something more.

Just imagine if we didnt go, and for the rest of our days we would regret what might have been, so im soooo going no matter what. Not much (touch wood) left to stop me, im ready for the off next month

So good luck to all going and thanks for the replies on this thread

Sugo
Old Aug 28th 2005, 3:54 am
Make pumps lots......

I agree. It's an opportunity and one I'd regret not taking. The odd thing is I've never experienced homesickness before, yet yesterday morning I felt really sad. Maybe it was the realisation of the enormity of that decision. I'm back to uk in a couple of weeks but am getting into the mindset I think.

Wierd, wierd feeling. I suppose it's gonna happen though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.