Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Any regrets?...........Your last minute must sees/dos in UK.....before NZ?

Any regrets?...........Your last minute must sees/dos in UK.....before NZ?

Old Aug 7th 2007, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

jill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud of
Default Any regrets?...........Your last minute must sees/dos in UK.....before NZ?

We have seen a fair bit of the UK.............although we havent been any further North than Aviemore and I wish I had taken kids to or had time to take them to Wales...............I spent many fabulous holidays in Llandudno as a kid..............would love to have climbed the Great Orme with them?
Weve just been over to the Isle of Arran for a few days......thats 4 Scottish Islands weve seen ..........no time for anymore.
Im hoping to take kids back down to London ..................this time to see 'We will rock You' before we leave.
Would love to hear your last minute must sees/dos.................
Old Aug 7th 2007, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any regrets?...........Your last minute must sees/dos in UK.....before NZ?

Originally Posted by jill1420
We have seen a fair bit of the UK.............although we havent been any further North than Aviemore and I wish I had taken kids to or had time to take them to Wales...............I spent many fabulous holidays in Llandudno as a kid..............would love to have climbed the Great Orme with them?
Weve just been over to the Isle of Arran for a few days......thats 4 Scottish Islands weve seen ..........no time for anymore.
Im hoping to take kids back down to London ..................this time to see 'We will rock You' before we leave.
Would love to hear your last minute must sees/dos.................
I'd have loved to have seen Scotland, but never got further north than Yorkshire. Other than that i'm happy. With about 2 weeks to go before we leave, there's not a lot of time left anyway.
Old Aug 7th 2007, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any regrets?...........Your last minute must sees/dos in UK.....before NZ?

We've been visiting rellies mostly but have visited Cambridge, London and will have a week in Scotland before we leave. We've also made the most of our local theatre and seen several good plays and have 'Chicago' and 'Last Confessions' booked for September. Visited Brookland museum - local to us, last w/e so we could go inside Concorde and also check out the other planes and cars - *a great place to take young children during summer holidays!*
We leave uk in October.
Old Aug 7th 2007, 4:11 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Stonehenge! No place like it on Earth.
Old Aug 7th 2007, 4:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
Stopped of as we drove past it two weeks ago. Really tremedous, but they wanted £3 for parking the car and nearly £20 for 2 adults and 1 kid to walk round a pile of stones that you could see from the road.
Old Aug 7th 2007, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

jill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by helinuk
We've been visiting rellies mostly but have visited Cambridge, London and will have a week in Scotland before we leave. We've also made the most of our local theatre and seen several good plays and have 'Chicago' and 'Last Confessions' booked for September. Visited Brookland museum - local to us, last w/e so we could go inside Concorde and also check out the other planes and cars - *a great place to take young children during summer holidays!*
We leave uk in October.
Chicago gr8.................went down to London last year to see it. Will it be Kelly Osbourne as Mama Morton? think thats the character name.

Havent seen inside concorde.....................but was lucky enough to be just outside Edinburgh when it was on its final flight.................everyone was pulling over and getting out their cars.................what a buzz.................what a noise....................amazing!

Where in Scotland are you visiting?...........................feel free to PM re. any attractions worth visiting north of the border.

Last edited by jill1420; Aug 7th 2007 at 5:00 pm.
Old Aug 7th 2007, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Maz
Haven't been unfortunately......................looks amazing
Old Aug 7th 2007, 5:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold

Was just thinking about this the other day, decided to hike the old haunts in the lakes before I go, but no time or money for Rome, Venice and Valencia.
Old Aug 7th 2007, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Winnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud of

Not very cultural but....................if you have kids take them to as many theme parks as possible. They don't have any in NZ and it is one thing I do miss. Stock up on the adrenaline!!
Old Aug 7th 2007, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

sarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely Alton Towers again...and M&S for some decent undies
Old Aug 7th 2007, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

Rachie B is an unknown quantity at this point

We've had a list of places to go to over the last couple of months, also seen lots of relatives and friends. We done lots of things we would never have got round to if we weren't going away - have been to lots of fun parks, still haven't managed lego land yet! Now got 6 weeks left before we leave UK.

Thanks for the reminder about M&S undies - good idea...

Lets just hope we have a better summer in NZ than UK!
Old Aug 7th 2007, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Divine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really nice

Hiya, we used to live in Northern Ireland, lovely place, but if you want to do the most dramtic and quick, head to Belfast and Antrim Coast then to Giants Causeway, SUPER!! Could be done in 2 days, and Belfast have 2 airports with budget airlines.
Also we did London before we left, National History Museum was awsome! and its free!
Old Aug 7th 2007, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Divine Comedy
Hiya, we used to live in Northern Ireland, lovely place, but if you want to do the most dramtic and quick, head to Belfast and Antrim Coast then to Giants Causeway, SUPER!! Could be done in 2 days, and Belfast have 2 airports with budget airlines.
Also we did London before we left, National History Museum was awsome! and its free!
apologies Divine Comedy.....................I stated at the beginning that I was disappointed kids hadn't been to Wales.....................oops weve not been to Ireland..................and we have thought about going many times to see the Giant Causeway. We have a static caravan on the Ayrshire Coast so we are handy for the seacat from Troon.................I think this has to go on my things to do list..................Ta for reminding me
Old Aug 8th 2007, 1:09 am
CockneyLass

dazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud of

Regret not living near to Europe anymore as really miss my European trips but our last year in the UK we did a little bit of travelling to get some last bits in. We went to Barcelona, Seville, Denmark and Austria for some long weekends and had a last holiday with some friends at a villa in Portugal. Also did as many UK weekends away as we could afford as well.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

Liz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud of

Before we came to NZ, hubby kitted out a van and took out 4 children (then 16,14,13 and 10) on a whistle stop tour of England and Wales. I stayed at home to look after the dog. The kids said that of all the holidays they have ever been on (Far East, Caribbean, Europe) the tour of England and Wales was the best. They are even asking is we can do the same here. I don't think I will be staying at home with the dog, for this trip!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.