Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Any Prison Officers Starting In February?

Any Prison Officers Starting In February?

Old Jan 2nd 2006, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

UNIONJACK is on a distinguished road
Default Any Prison Officers Starting In February?

I am starting at Chch Mens prison in February and was wandering if there is anybody else out there that's starting at the same time. I start the course in Wellington on the 27th of Feb.
If there is anybody who has been to Upper Hutt what is it like as I will be spending 6 weeks there, any good bars etc? Any info would be very helpful.
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

dekajack1 is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Any Prison Officers Starting In February?

Originally Posted by UNIONJACK
I am starting at Chch Mens prison in February and was wandering if there is anybody else out there that's starting at the same time. I start the course in Wellington on the 27th of Feb.
If there is anybody who has been to Upper Hutt what is it like as I will be spending 6 weeks there, any good bars etc? Any info would be very helpful.
HI,

I start in February in the Wellington region, although my start date is 13th February.

If you look back through the previous prisoner officer threads you will see one from Nudenut, I actually worked with him up here in Scotland and he will be able to tell you a lot more regarding upper hutt, he is also working in Christchurch or Cantebury cant remember which one exactly.

I actually fly out one week today and would like to say that I am all prepared, house sold, packed up etc. but I'm not.

Take care

Ann
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Any Prison Officers Starting In February?

Originally Posted by dekajack1
HI,

I start in February in the Wellington region, although my start date is 13th February.

If you look back through the previous prisoner officer threads you will see one from Nudenut, I actually worked with him up here in Scotland and he will be able to tell you a lot more regarding upper hutt, he is also working in Christchurch or Cantebury cant remember which one exactly.

I actually fly out one week today and would like to say that I am all prepared, house sold, packed up etc. but I'm not.

Take care

Ann

Me again, if you go to page 5 on forum threads you will see "New screw update no.2" thats Malky,
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 10:52 pm
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I start my course in Wellington on the 6th of February so just before you guys. I am also going to be in ChCh. We leave in a weeks time and are just saying our goodbyes, time is flying and still got loads to do before we go.
No doubt we will meet up at some point in the future - best of luck !!

Nigel
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 9:39 am
Just Joined

Me again, if you go to page 5 on forum threads you will see "New screw update no.2" thats Malky,
Thanks for the info and I hope to see you all out there. We have sold the house and are all ready to go. Just got to find somewhere to live when we get there, we will probably rent for a while. It's still a bit scary, finish work next week fly out on the 6th of Feb.

Good Luck Everyone!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the info and I hope to see you all out there. We have sold the house and are all ready to go. Just got to find somewhere to live when we get there, we will probably rent for a while. It's still a bit scary, finish work next week fly out on the 6th of Feb.

Good Luck Everyone!!!!!!!!

Hi

Finished work on 23/12 fly out on 9th January and start at establishment on 13th February and at college on 27th so will see you there.

Good luck and have a good flights.

Ann
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 1:18 pm
Banned

Lenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really nice

Hi

Finished work on 23/12 fly out on 9th January and start at establishment on 13th February and at college on 27th so will see you there.

Good luck and have a good flights.

Ann
Good luck Ann,
I fly out on the day you start so I am hoping I will get the next course after yours.
Keep the posts coming when you get there,
:scared:
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 3:47 pm

taffinkent will become famous soon enough

Hi everyone,

We are starting in Invercargill on 13th February 2006 and are also on the Wellington ITC starting 27th February 2006.

We have both finished work here ( hurrah !! ) and the house sale is going through and we should complete before we leave........great timing !!!

We are flying to CHC on Friday 3rd February 2006 and will spend a few days there before travelling down to Invercargill. We are in touch with an officer in Invercargill who is a British Expat and he has given us loads of help and advice.

We will also rent at first and hopefully should be in a position to buy a house outright...................mmmmmm.... mortgage free !!!!

Good luck to you all...and see you in Welly..

Taff and Debs
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

Cool Re: Any Prison Officers Starting In February?

Originally Posted by taffinkent
Hi everyone,

We are starting in Invercargill on 13th February 2006 and are also on the Wellington ITC starting 27th February 2006.

We have both finished work here ( hurrah !! ) and the house sale is going through and we should complete before we leave........great timing !!!

We are flying to CHC on Friday 3rd February 2006 and will spend a few days there before travelling down to Invercargill. We are in touch with an officer in Invercargill who is a British Expat and he has given us loads of help and advice.

We will also rent at first and hopefully should be in a position to buy a house outright...................mmmmmm.... mortgage free !!!!

Good luck to you all...and see you in Welly..

Taff and Debs
HI,

Will look out for you both at college. Also a colleague of mine, who is there right now, also starts at college on 27th, she will be in Manawatua prison.

Packers coming tomorrow, although house is not sold yet, but we did have someone knock on the door on Hogmonay asking for a schedule so looking hopeful.

Take care and look forward to seeing you in sunny Wellington.

Ann
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 6:22 pm
Just Joined

It's nice to know that I will not be alone on the course. Let's hope there are some good bars around there as I feel it will be a long 6 weeks. Anybody heard anything from people already working out there reference conditions, shifts etc?

Not Long Now!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

It's nice to know that I will not be alone on the course. Let's hope there are some good bars around there as I feel it will be a long 6 weeks. Anybody heard anything from people already working out there reference conditions, shifts etc?

Not Long Now!!!!!!!!!!
hI,

If you go a look at new screw update he will tell you that where he is working in Christchurch they have about 4 different shifts in the same unit. Also said that the worst thing about the 6 weeks at college was staying awake.

It might not be so bad for me, we are looking to settle in the Upper Hutt area as there is a 95% chance I will be working at Rimutaka (or however its spelled)jail. Actually need to get back to work now, although I started my "career break" on 23/12 I actually finshed up work on 29/11 and have been on leave, Rest days etc since.

On final countdown.

Ann
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 11:23 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

hI,

If you go a look at new screw update he will tell you that where he is working in Christchurch they have about 4 different shifts in the same unit. Also said that the worst thing about the 6 weeks at college was staying awake.

It might not be so bad for me, we are looking to settle in the Upper Hutt area as there is a 95% chance I will be working at Rimutaka (or however its spelled)jail. Actually need to get back to work now, although I started my "career break" on 23/12 I actually finshed up work on 29/11 and have been on leave, Rest days etc since.

On final countdown.

Ann
Anne

Did not know you had finished at work

What can I say another one leaves the fold of the SPS

Please keep in touch via forum, let me know how you are doing

If ye see Malky or get in touch with him tell him I was asking for him

I will hopefully be in Canada by the end of summer 2006

Take care and keep in touch, all the best and I hope it works out for you

Eddie fae the big hoose
Old Jan 4th 2006, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Voyager970
Anne

Did not know you had finished at work

What can I say another one leaves the fold of the SPS

Please keep in touch via forum, let me know how you are doing

If ye see Malky or get in touch with him tell him I was asking for him

I will hopefully be in Canada by the end of summer 2006

Take care and keep in touch, all the best and I hope it works out for you

Eddie fae the big hoose

Thanks Eddie,

Packers coming today so might not have another chance to go on the forum until my stuff arrives over there. Will be phoning the big hoose this week want to speak to R Dow before I leave.

Good luck in Canada and remember to let me know where you are there, because like everyone else in Scotland I have relatives over there, one even plays hockey of the Toronto Maple Leafs, I think thats a good team.

C U Ann
PS note how it is spelled simple.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

ranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant future

any more gone out yet?
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 4:52 pm
K9s
Forum Regular

K9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really nice

Originally Posted by ranbysue
any more gone out yet?
Suze

My family and I fly out on the 7 Feb and I will be packing the pc away tomorrow so will not be on here for a while

I start work on the 10 April

Take care all

K9

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.