Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Any other Cornish Kiwis out there?

Any other Cornish Kiwis out there?

Old Aug 19th 2012, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Any other Cornish Kiwis out there?

can I be part Cornish too I lived between Lauceston and Liskeard for 5 years and worked all over the county for the PCT miss it dreadfully, hey traffic here is not so bad at least you have beautiful countryside to look at while in the queue state highway one does not do that for me!

I reguarly see 2 cars on the North shore with Kernow badges and it makes me homesick are you one of them?
Old Aug 20th 2012, 6:16 am
BE Enthusiast

davros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any other Cornish Kiwis out there?

Cornish boy here - I was the chap that wrote a letter to CCC about them not investing in a stadium for Cornwall - disgusting.

Anyway.. not the point, I'm from Illogan!!!! Couldn't get much closer to Portreath, right? Currently living on the Shore - Milford. You?
Old Aug 20th 2012, 6:32 am
Just Joined

Cornishkiwi is an unknown quantity at this point

Practically neighbors Davros! (in Cornwall & NZ!). We used to live in Milford but up in Dairy Flat now. How long have you been here? (good letter by the way)
Old Aug 20th 2012, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

Ex Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to all

I love Cornwall, have fond memories of my time spent at Tregothnan,

In 1999 I tried to buy the Sea Point House hotel in Mevagissey but the owner was genuinely interested in selling at the time.

If I had to live in the UK it would either be Devon or Cornwall.
Old Aug 20th 2012, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

my lot are from penzance and newlyn, in aus though im afraid, on a brighter note there is a bloke in redcliff down the road from the newlyn area who happens to have a pasty shop there. im often found sitting on the beach on a bloody hot day watching folks eat a lovely cold icecream and ive got a steaming hot pasty. cant beat it.
Old Aug 20th 2012, 10:06 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by johnknight001
im often found sitting on the beach on a bloody hot day watching folks eat a lovely cold icecream and ive got a steaming hot pasty. cant beat it.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 2:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

On a side note hear, my friends own Cornish pasties NZ ltd, The best traditional recipe pasties in NZ
Now available through many New World supermarkets so much nicer than the terrible Tiber ones they usually sell
Old Aug 21st 2012, 6:29 am
Just Joined

Hi Justcol,

<snip> nopes I have decided.

Tried to buy one of their pasties from Albany New World at the weekend but they only had the yucky Tiber ones. I will be looking for them again this week, I can't wait to try them!

Last edited by BEVS; Aug 21st 2012 at 6:38 am. Reason: I love Cornish pasties too. Even as a Dorset girl.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 6:39 am
`

Originally Posted by Justcol
On a side note hear, my friends own Cornish pasties NZ ltd, The best traditional recipe pasties in NZ
Now available through many New World supermarkets so much nicer than the terrible Tiber ones they usually sell
Are THESE your guys Col?
Old Aug 21st 2012, 6:55 am
Just Joined

Why do I keep having bits snipped out of my posts? (I'm new to all this and a bit confused!)
Old Aug 21st 2012, 7:20 am
`

Originally Posted by Cornishkiwi
Why do I keep having bits snipped out of my posts? (I'm new to all this and a bit confused!)
Two snips in total.
Read rule 9 and then take it to PM - private message.

ps - I do understand you wanting to up your exposure. The way to do that is to simply post without promoting in any way.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Are THESE your guys Col?
Yes they are and they're really nice pasties
Old Aug 21st 2012, 10:40 am
`

Originally Posted by Justcol
Yes they are and they're really nice pasties
Get 'em to join and post a few general type posts. You know the drill. They can stick their webby thing in their signature as you know.

It can all help to spread the word & be good for us to read their stuff along the way.
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 8:15 am
Just Joined

Thanks Bevs. My bad! I've read the rules now