Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Any one work for Air New Zealand call cntre

Any one work for Air New Zealand call cntre

Old Nov 20th 2005, 11:21 pm
Judy&Alun

Dodsonfamily has a brilliant futureDodsonfamily has a brilliant futureDodsonfamily has a brilliant futureDodsonfamily has a brilliant futureDodsonfamily has a brilliant futureDodsonfamily has a brilliant future
Question Any one work for Air New Zealand call cntre

I've reacently started up my own business and left 2 part time jobs to put all my time into the business but things are still going slow.
I applied for a job at Air New Zealands call centre becaue it fits in with the family and still being able to run the business and brngs in some money.
I got to the first interview which was a test and was then asked to take part in a telephone interview :scared: i got through that only god knows how , and now i've been asked to go to a face to face interview,role play and to listen in on some calls :scared: if that's not bad enough i've got to be there for 8:30am
If anyone has any tips on what kind of things they may ask me cos i've never worked in this area before 've been working with children and families for the past 15 years so dont realy know what i'm doing

HELP!!!!!!

Thanks
Judy
Old Nov 21st 2005, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any one work for Air New Zealand call cntre

Originally Posted by Dodsonfamily
I've reacently started up my own business and left 2 part time jobs to put all my time into the business but things are still going slow.
I applied for a job at Air New Zealands call centre becaue it fits in with the family and still being able to run the business and brngs in some money.
I got to the first interview which was a test and was then asked to take part in a telephone interview :scared: i got through that only god knows how , and now i've been asked to go to a face to face interview,role play and to listen in on some calls :scared: if that's not bad enough i've got to be there for 8:30am
If anyone has any tips on what kind of things they may ask me cos i've never worked in this area before 've been working with children and families for the past 15 years so dont realy know what i'm doing

HELP!!!!!!

Thanks
Judy
Hiya...Ive just PM'd you.

Cheers

Sarah
Old Nov 21st 2005, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Dodsonfamily]I've reacently started up my own business and left 2 part time jobs to put all my time into the business but things are still going slow.

HELP!!!!!!

I worked for telecom in a call centre for a while. Did the same type of interview set up. If you have got this far you are in with a very good chance.
They will likely just chat to you and try to find out how you would deal with a dissatisfied customer. Think about tone of voice and how you would try to difuse a confrontation.
Good Luck
KAZ
Old Nov 21st 2005, 5:46 pm
Judy&Alun

Dodsonfamily has a brilliant futureDodsonfamily has a brilliant futureDodsonfamily has a brilliant futureDodsonfamily has a brilliant futureDodsonfamily has a brilliant futureDodsonfamily has a brilliant future

Hi Sarah and Kaz,

Thanks to both of you for your advice,I'm feeling much calmer now,still a bit nervous though.My friend is looking after my son while i go to the interview and she couldn't believe the whole things gona be for 3 hrs(she was hoping to go out for coffee).
I still don't know how i got this far in the interview process having never done this kind of work before.
In the last e-mail i got it said their looking for customer focus,sales and friendliness!!

I'll let you know how it all goes

Cheers
Judy
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 2:30 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sarah and Kaz,

Thanks to both of you for your advice,I'm feeling much calmer now,still a bit nervous though.My friend is looking after my son while i go to the interview and she couldn't believe the whole things gona be for 3 hrs(she was hoping to go out for coffee).
I still don't know how i got this far in the interview process having never done this kind of work before.
In the last e-mail i got it said their looking for customer focus,sales and friendliness!!

I'll let you know how it all goes

Cheers
Judy

Hi Jude
Goodluck with the rest of the interview. I personally havent worked in The Air New Zealand Call Centre but do know several people who have. All faced the same senario that you are about to go through. Did do call centre training course in NZ before I came here & one of the main things they stressed to us while dealing with customers on the telephone was to always be positive, polite & cheery & to always let the customer here the smile in your voice???
Im sure you will do just fine. Getting this far is really a positive sign so go in there & face them with confidence & amaze them with your wonderful personality & you will breeze in.
Looking forward to hearing how it all goes.

Cheers
Cindy
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 5:35 am
Judy&Alun

Hi Cindy
Thanks for the support,the nerves are easing off know so hopefully by Thursday I'll be so relaxed it will all go ok.
I'll keep you posted on how it all went

Cheers
Judy
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 8:23 am
Just Joined

ibennett is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Judy

Have just joined and saw you thread, heres my advice. I have been onthe giving end of call centre tests like these in the UK. Basiclly the advise given is sound, they should be looking for politeness, calmness and professionalisum. Our goal was to creat problems for the call centre applicatants on a mock call. bombarding them with stupid Q's they could not answer. even though they had a brief to follow about the products/services.

Keep it calm, and polite, ANY issues you cant answer appologies, place the caller on hold after simply explaining you dont know the anser and you'll find your supervisor to refer the Question 2 to. If its a complaint, simply agree with the caller on the bad service and take details promising a call back.

Simple stuff.

good luck
Ian
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Cindy
Thanks for the support,the nerves are easing off know so hopefully by Thursday I'll be so relaxed it will all go ok.
I'll keep you posted on how it all went

Cheers
Judy
Hi Judy,
How did it go! Been thinking about you.
KAZ
Old Nov 24th 2005, 3:18 am
Judy&Alun

Hi everyone,
Thanks soooo much for all of your advice and support,it made things so much easier.
I arrived at 8.20am along with 5 other people,was told about the many perks,salary,rotas etc. i then had a tour of the call centre and listened in on a couple of calls(had a nice chat with a lady who was making the bookings)
Then i had a role play i was given 15min to read a pack and then was phoned and asked to make a booking for a customer(complaining been waiting ages,wanted the cheapest flight etc.Then i was interviewed by 2 people who asked some quite intense questions and finally i had to sit a personality test at 11.50 i was able to go home feeling like I'd done a days work

Overall i think I've done ok but will keep everyone posted if i have actually done as well a i felt i did

Cheers everyone
Judy
Old Nov 24th 2005, 11:52 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,
Thanks soooo much for all of your advice and support,it made things so much easier.
I arrived at 8.20am along with 5 other people,was told about the many perks,salary,rotas etc. i then had a tour of the call centre and listened in on a couple of calls(had a nice chat with a lady who was making the bookings)
Then i had a role play i was given 15min to read a pack and then was phoned and asked to make a booking for a customer(complaining been waiting ages,wanted the cheapest flight etc.Then i was interviewed by 2 people who asked some quite intense questions and finally i had to sit a personality test at 11.50 i was able to go home feeling like I'd done a days work

Overall i think I've done ok but will keep everyone posted if i have actually done as well a i felt i did

Cheers everyone
Judy
Hi Judy
Nice to hear you survived the interview ordeal. Sounds like it went well so fingers crossed that all goes the way you want it too.

Goodluck\
Cindy
Old Nov 28th 2005, 1:49 am
Judy&Alun

Well guys just got e-mail from air new Zealand to notify me i was unsuccessful
Feeling a bit dejected cos i felt things went fairly well,no real reason given as to why i was unsuccessful just that they had a number of applicants so are unable to give feed back.
Well never mind it was not meant to be

Thanks to everyone again for all your support

Judy
Old Nov 28th 2005, 1:55 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so sorry. I'm sure something better will turn up real soon.

In the meantime I'm sending some karma your way

Feeling a bit dejected cos i felt things went fairly well,no real reason given as to why i was unsuccessful just that they had a number of applicants so are unable to give feed back.

Judy
Old Nov 28th 2005, 2:05 am
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

Judy
Bad luck....I hate it when you get bad news via email like that.
Im sure something will turn up........
Old Nov 28th 2005, 2:12 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Ah hard luck. I was so hoping you were going to come back with a positive ending - I wanted to show your post to a friend who's thinking of looking for a job in a call centre. Knowing what you know now, will you try in another call centre somewhere? There always seem to be lots of call centre jobs in the North Shore Times.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 3:38 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

Judy
Tough luck Judy. Sorry you missed out on the job & hope it doesnt put you off applying for others. Im sure something will turn up soon.

Cheers
Cindy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.