Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Any one out there horsey and near chch?

Any one out there horsey and near chch?

Old May 23rd 2011, 11:03 pm
Just Joined

jen.g is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any one out there horsey and near chch?

Hi guys, just looking for some info on the horsey world around chch.

I currently have a smell rehabilitation centre in the uk, and I would love to start over in nz.
Im qualified in animal massage and chiropractics, but I also have allot of big equipment such as hydrotherapy tanks which I either need to sell or if it will be worth it, ship them over yikes!! ££$$ !!
To make it work there will have to be a good racing/eventing/ indurance industry etc ( as hohorribles it sounds ) a bigger an industry there is, the more horses will be ininjurednd need someone to help fix them.
any info that any has will be greatly appreciated
Old May 23rd 2011, 11:06 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Any one out there horsey and near chch?

Originally Posted by jen.g

I currently have a smell rehabilitation centre in the uk
That ment to be small, not smell or smelly centre * lamo*
Old May 24th 2011, 12:54 am
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

I currently have a smell rehabilitation centre in the uk, and I would love to start over in nz.
Im qualified in animal massage and chiropractics, but I also have allot of big equipment such as hydrotherapy tanks which I either need to sell or if it will be worth it, ship them over yikes!! ££$$ !!
To make it work there will have to be a good racing/eventing/ indurance industry etc ( as hohorribles it sounds ) a bigger an industry there is, the more horses will be ininjurednd need someone to help fix them.
Hi and welcome

I know a few places in the Chch area only because i pass them on the way home, but they might help you get some pointers if you drop them a line
http://www.scarlettoak.co.nz/
http://www.ravensteed.co.nz/
http://www.sandow.co.nz/

To name a few
Old May 24th 2011, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

Lynne sinclair has a brilliant futureLynne sinclair has a brilliant futureLynne sinclair has a brilliant futureLynne sinclair has a brilliant futureLynne sinclair has a brilliant futureLynne sinclair has a brilliant futureLynne sinclair has a brilliant future

Hi Jen,

We moved to Christchurch from Scotland Oct 2010, my husband is from here so we were kind of "moving back" with 2 girls 8 & 11yrs. We had a pony in Scotland, lovely 12.2 palomino and were involved in local pony club. since moving here weve met loads of horsey like minded people, there are tons of equine activities in Canterbury, pony clubs, riding schools, racing horses, pacers, trotters, check out the pony club web site NZPCA! Where do you plan to live? We would have loved a 10 acre block in the country surrounding CHCH ie Templeton, West Melton, Eyreton etc but opted to buy in Avonhead for starters to see how things go....!Apart from the obvious happening all is well...climate great, schools fantastic. Having bouts of homesickness but thats to be expected..the first 6 months was a breeze, busy getting organised, car, house, schools etc real holiday mode then reality hits!! Have you been out year before?
Old May 24th 2011, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynne sinclair
Hi Jen,

We moved to Christchurch from Scotland Oct 2010, my husband is from here so we were kind of "moving back" with 2 girls 8 & 11yrs. We had a pony in Scotland, lovely 12.2 palomino and were involved in local pony club. since moving here weve met loads of horsey like minded people, there are tons of equine activities in Canterbury, pony clubs, riding schools, racing horses, pacers, trotters, check out the pony club web site NZPCA! Where do you plan to live? We would have loved a 10 acre block in the country surrounding CHCH ie Templeton, West Melton, Eyreton etc but opted to buy in Avonhead for starters to see how things go....!Apart from the obvious happening all is well...climate great, schools fantastic. Having bouts of homesickness but thats to be expected..the first 6 months was a breeze, busy getting organised, car, house, schools etc real holiday mode then reality hits!! Have you been out year before?
Paisley to Avonhead ....... not quite feegie park is it ........ hahaha
Old May 24th 2011, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by alanmacc
Hi and welcome

I know a few places in the Chch area only because i pass them on the way home, but they might help you get some pointers if you drop them a line
thank you I will contact them, it will be a good place to start
Old May 24th 2011, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lynne sinclair
Hi Jen,

sounds like there will be a good industry to tap into

We will be moving over hear with 3 girls 6, 4 & 2 so I expect they will be into all pony club
I have been before, but as a kid years ago! im not to sure where to focus to move to yet, it would definitely have to be away from the city as im from rural norfolk and couldnt imagen living in city.
I will be looking for 20 + acres within a sensible commute to city as OH is gas fitter so places you mentioned would be ideal.
Iv herd before that first 3- 6 months are fine then the OMG im really hear hits you
We were hoping to be ready to go within the next 4 months inc a visit next month, but OH has just picked up a big contract that is to good to turn down so looks like it will be next year now ( and we have already sold our house )
great to hear the schools are good, and of corse the climate