Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Any NEXT kids clothes fans?

Any NEXT kids clothes fans?

Old Oct 8th 2007, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any NEXT kids clothes fans?

Anyone think these 2 shirts are similar? One is a NEXT shirt and one is a MILLERS KIDS shirt..... Yep, NEXT clothes are at a couple of the Millers Shops under the brand MK, Millers Kids, and to prove it heres a pic.....Ive been busy doing my detective work!

Not all the Millers shops do the kids clothes range, Hamilton does and so does one other that Ive forgotten now. My friend was down in Hamilton last week and says there are a few things there that are very "NEXT-like".

So if you miss NEXT and are in Hamilton pop into Millers.... there are a few NEXT items there in disguise.
Attached Thumbnails Any NEXT kids clothes fans?-img_1463%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old Oct 8th 2007, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

weebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud of
Default Re: Any NEXT kids clothes fans?

Fantastic - was wondering how I'd cope without Next!

(And Ikea, Asda, Argos, Toys'R'Us, Virgin and Waterstones)
Old Oct 8th 2007, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

lol.... if I could now find a Tescos in disguise Id be even more happy. Its a pity all of the Millers stores dont do the kids range. Whilst my friend was down in Hamilton last week she bought a lovely white embroidered tee..... I was sent exactly the same tee by my brother which he bought in the NEXT summer sale....so its definately not a one off. Now I wished I lived a bit closer.... I wont make a special trip down there as she said the range wasnt too great but if we are going through Hamilton at all we will definately pop in. Its the Next summer 2007 range that they have in at the moment.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 8:17 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Just to add to the mix there is an Early Learning Centre in Newmarket, on Teed Street (or the next one over) and although the prices are a bit high compared to what we are all used to the stuff is far better than the big red shed and better value than many NZ toy shops - they sell a limited range of Playmobil and Mecano too...........
Also Farmers on the next street sell Osh Kosh and/or Carters clothing that is usually pretty good....
Happy hunting
We're sorted mind as Grandma is coming over next month with all the end of summer sales raided......yipee!!!
Old Oct 8th 2007, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Im very lucky as my parents brought stuff over 2 years ago and then this year my brother went to the Next summer sale for me and bought stacks of stuff for the kids..... then OH's cousin went there too and I got 2 surprise parcels full of Next clothes for the kids. My 2 aunts tend to send the kids clothes at christmas time too so we dont do too badly.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 8:25 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahB
Im very lucky as my parents brought stuff over 2 years ago and then this year my brother went to the Next summer sale for me and bought stacks of stuff for the kids..... then OH's cousin went there too and I got 2 surprise parcels full of Next clothes for the kids. My 2 aunts tend to send the kids clothes at christmas time too so we dont do too badly.
I love Red Cross parcels from the UK too - trouble is there arent any decent DVDs, nice choccy or other things for me..........hohum, never look a gift horse, I suppose
Old Oct 8th 2007, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

My mum send me parcels every few weeks...always some treat for everybody inside. She says theres one on the way now.... somewhat held up by the postal strike I expect..... its my birthday (40th ARGH!!!!!!!) this week so goodies in there for me! My bro says the parcel is smelly so I expect hes been to Lush for me..... yep, we need a Lush shop in Botany, I reckon it would do really well.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

My mum send me parcels every few weeks...always some treat for everybody inside. She says theres one on the way now.... somewhat held up by the postal strike I expect..... its my birthday (40th ARGH!!!!!!!) this week so goodies in there for me! My bro says the parcel is smelly so I expect hes been to Lush for me..... yep, we need a Lush shop in Botany, I reckon it would do really well.
i like next clothes, but find pumkin patch really good,and not too expensive..jacky..
Old Oct 8th 2007, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by garryhg
i like next clothes, but find pumkin patch really good,and not too expensive..jacky..
Yep, I like some of the PP stuff too. I always get PP trousers or shorts for the kids as they have adjustable waists.... they last much longer. My little lady is wearing PP 3/4 jeans now as full length and then later on will make the waist bigger and she'll wear them as 3/4's. I love the pretty blue and yellow range they have in at the moment for little girls.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

Yep, I like some of the PP stuff too. I always get PP trousers or shorts for the kids as they have adjustable waists.... they last much longer. My little lady is wearing PP 3/4 jeans now as full length and then later on will make the waist bigger and she'll wear them as 3/4's. I love the pretty blue and yellow range they have in at the moment for little girls.
there great for boys too...most stores in britain...(apart from next)have lovely stuff for girls..and then you get a choice of three things for boys,either in navy, denim or white.....or all three in stripes...pp have some lovely colours in....

my daughters 13 now and has a mind of her own...as much as i would like to pick her clothes for her its just not going to happen

having said that botony downs and sylvia park,fabulous for shopping
Old Oct 8th 2007, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

I went to a kids clothes sale in a church hall 2 weeks ago - it was all Gap, Tesco, George - no Next though. I'm waiting for the next one.
Sarah - we have a Lush in Porirua, you will have to visit!
What are you planning for your birthday?
Old Oct 8th 2007, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by garryhg
there great for boys too...most stores in britain...(apart from next)have lovely stuff for girls..and then you get a choice of three things for boys,either in navy, denim or white.....or all three in stripes...pp have some lovely colours in....

my daughters 13 now and has a mind of her own...as much as i would like to pick her clothes for her its just not going to happen

having said that botony downs and sylvia park,fabulous for shopping
Ive not been shopping at Sylvia Park yet although been past it enough times. I usually manage to get what I want at Botany..... was up there this morning doing main grocery shop with 2 kids!! Argh!! lol.... actually they were alright... bribery works pretty well with a 3 year old!

I agree..... I used to get peed off back in UK when I went shopping for my little boy.... there seemed to be 3 racks of clothing for little girls and maybe 1 rack for the boys. Tescos was always good though.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Old Oct 8th 2007, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by donnaf
I went to a kids clothes sale in a church hall 2 weeks ago - it was all Gap, Tesco, George - no Next though. I'm waiting for the next one.
Sarah - we have a Lush in Porirua, you will have to visit!
What are you planning for your birthday?
I love Lush!! .... I always wanted one in Peterborough and would you believe they put one in Queensgate just a few weeks before we emigrated. I went in and stocked up.... but each year my bro asks what I want for my birthday and I always say Lush. My favourite is Karma and Rock Star soap.... mmmmmm

I have just got it all planned this eve..... I cant wait! Im going out on Friday night to a restaurant for lots of good food and wine with 10 other girlies!! I am recovering on Saturday and then on Sunday we are having a BBQ. I'm hoping OH has bought me a bicycle for my birthday and he mentioned giving me some money so I can go and spoil myself up at the shops. I cant believe Im gonna be 40!!
Old Oct 8th 2007, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Ive not been shopping at Sylvia Park yet although been past it enough times. I usually manage to get what I want at Botany..... was up there this morning doing main grocery shop with 2 kids!! Argh!! lol.... actually they were alright... bribery works pretty well with a 3 year old!

I agree..... I used to get peed off back in UK when I went shopping for my little boy.... there seemed to be 3 racks of clothing for little girls and maybe 1 rack for the boys. Tescos was always good though.
you will need to give me a shout next time you are in the area,howick,botony we could meet up for a coffee...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.