Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Any News on The Prison Officers and how they're doing?

Any News on The Prison Officers and how they're doing?

Old Jun 23rd 2006, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

Moggie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any News on The Prison Officers and how they're doing?

Originally Posted by MV5555
extra info for sue found out today they are desperate for course facilitators basicly means you run classes on varyng subjects.........your trained in what to teach but a knowledge of supervising small classes is required which i presume u have is run by a goverment dept ourside corrections pay is 43000 to 57000 always adverts within the intranet system at corrections
Hi, I was really interested in your comments regarding course facilitators, which would be similar to I.O. ( I set up a computer building class in Yorkshire). But, the problem would be my age I think?? I am 58 and my wife 39. When I have looked before at New Zealand, their immigration limit was 45 I think. But, perhaps they regard the prison service as an exception?
I would be grateful for any feedback.
Peter
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

MV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Moggie
Hi, I was really interested in your comments regarding course facilitators, which would be similar to I.O. ( I set up a computer building class in Yorkshire). But, the problem would be my age I think?? I am 58 and my wife 39. When I have looked before at New Zealand, their immigration limit was 45 I think. But, perhaps they regard the prison service as an exception?
I would be grateful for any feedback.
Peter
we have a guy om my course from south africa he is 59 im really not sure of the rules about skill migrant catagory
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

ranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant future

Hello Mark

Thanks once gain for your help. It is very much appreciated. I deliver assertiveness, social and life skills and induction at the moment and have a level four cert.ed (certificate in education) qualification.

I would be really interested in this as it may allow me to continue in my line of work and possibly even on a part time basis so that I could be with the kids as I wouldn't have child care via both Grandma's as I do at the moment.

I was also intersted in your comments regarding probation officers as this is an area that I have always been interested in. I'm afraid I am one of these sad people who actually enjoy working closely with the inmates and trying to rehabillitate them - even though no-one else seems to think thy're in the least bit interested in being rehabillitated.

Anyway thanks again

Suze

Ps

I have had a pm and also sent one to Tony.

PPs Where do most people working at Waikeria seem to live?
Old Jun 24th 2006, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

MV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ranbysue
Hello Mark

Thanks once gain for your help. It is very much appreciated. I deliver assertiveness, social and life skills and induction at the moment and have a level four cert.ed (certificate in education) qualification.

I would be really interested in this as it may allow me to continue in my line of work and possibly even on a part time basis so that I could be with the kids as I wouldn't have child care via both Grandma's as I do at the moment.

I was also intersted in your comments regarding probation officers as this is an area that I have always been interested in. I'm afraid I am one of these sad people who actually enjoy working closely with the inmates and trying to rehabillitate them - even though no-one else seems to think thy're in the least bit interested in being rehabillitated.

Suze

Ps

I have had a pm and also sent one to Tony.

PPs Where do most people working at Waikeria seem to live?

people working at waikeria epecially the brit live in Te Awamutu, Kihikihi and Ortorahanga probation jobs and course facilitaters ( which come under intervention services) are advertised on the gov recruitment section website
Old Jun 25th 2006, 12:03 am
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dekajack1
Really good to see people looking at the positive and not the negative all the time, and yes I know they do things differently here, some good some just different, but there is scope for promotion and lots of it.

Ann
Anne

Eddie here fae Glasgow and the big hoose

Nice to hear to have settled OK, life here is still crap

Heading out to Canada around the end of August, got myself a job, going back to my old trade as a welder in Ontario Canada

Have you heard from Malky at all

My mate is out there just now sitting his interviews, yes they do expect you to fly out there to do them, they are not interviewing at all in the UK

Anyway glad you are OK and looking forward to the future

Take care, if you hear from Malky tell him I was asking for him

Eddie
Old Jun 25th 2006, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

dekajack1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Voyager970
Anne

Eddie here fae Glasgow and the big hoose

Nice to hear to have settled OK, life here is still crap

Heading out to Canada around the end of August, got myself a job, going back to my old trade as a welder in Ontario Canada

Have you heard from Malky at all

My mate is out there just now sitting his interviews, yes they do expect you to fly out there to do them, they are not interviewing at all in the UK

Anyway glad you are OK and looking forward to the future

Take care, if you hear from Malky tell him I was asking for him

Eddie

Hi Eddie

Have sent you a PM

Ann
Old Jun 25th 2006, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

ranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant future

Hello Voyager

Good to see you are still one with the Canada move. Best of luck to you, I'm sure it will be a great move.

Suze.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 7:50 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Voyager

Good to see you are still one with the Canada move. Best of luck to you, I'm sure it will be a great move.

Suze.
Suze

Thanks

Family looking forward to the big move, finally getting away from my shitty job in the jail, cannot wait to be honest

Anne

My mate works with Nick in the same hall, he flew out on June 15th for 2 weeks to attend interviews etc

Will let you know how he got on when he gets back

Eddie
Old Jul 26th 2006, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

have you finished your course yet Mark (MV5555)?

suze
Old Jul 29th 2006, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

ll
Old Jul 29th 2006, 9:05 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Originally Posted by Voyager970
Suze

My mate works with Nick in the same hall, he flew out on June 15th for 2 weeks to attend interviews etc

Will let you know how he got on when he gets back

Eddie
Anne, Suze and other ex -uk warders

My mate came back with a job offer in the bag as they say !!!!
They wanted him to start in October 06
Impossible for him as he has to much to sort out

So they gave him a new date of Feb 07 and he is looking forward to going and starting afresh

Eddie
Old Oct 25th 2006, 9:37 pm
Sly
Just Joined

Sly is on a distinguished road

Hi

Just wondered how the prison officers who are already there are faring and how their lives are going and also if the decision was right, wrong or too early to tell.

Love

Suze x
A friend of mine has just been promoted so that makes 12 of those that came out are now working at the higher grade he tells me........
Old Oct 25th 2006, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

any more news of the officers?
Old Oct 28th 2006, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

any more news of the officers?

everything is not all rosy but but im glad im here i wouldnt go back to the uk
Old Oct 28th 2006, 1:31 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MV5555
everything is not all rosy but but im glad im here i wouldnt go back to the uk
Note you came from York to Hamilton - same here, Steve now looking at Probation/Prison service (not as a sentence, as a job!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.