Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Any new people picton/blenheim area?

Any new people picton/blenheim area?

Old Jul 3rd 2016, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Lisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Any new people picton/blenheim area?

Even as a Kiwi I'd freely admit there are so many places I'd put in the 'nice place to visit but couldn't live there' category, Picton is just never going to get exciting, worth putting feelers out for work in a busier town? It will take time to get past the 'empty' feeling inside even when you are out and about having a good time, there will be a huge adjustment, it would be more odd if you didn't miss home and all the natural feelings of belonging that you didn't even know you carried with you every minute of every day in your 'old' life.
Old Jul 3rd 2016, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

Lisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of light

Oh and how long have you been in Picton, lots of towns in NZ come alive in summer with tourists / out of town visitors and then go into hibernation for the winter!
Old Jul 3rd 2016, 10:09 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Lisa Maree
Even as a Kiwi I'd freely admit there are so many places I'd put in the 'nice place to visit but couldn't live there' category, Picton is just never going to get exciting, worth putting feelers out for work in a busier town? It will take time to get past the 'empty' feeling inside even when you are out and about having a good time, there will be a huge adjustment, it would be more odd if you didn't miss home and all the natural feelings of belonging that you didn't even know you carried with you every minute of every day in your 'old' life.
Quality thoughtful post Lisa Maree.

Have some BE karma.
Old Jul 4th 2016, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

Naww thanks Bev (blush)
Old Sep 5th 2016, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

killercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud of

Hi Caroline,
Picton does come alive inthe summer and has a much better vibe, im in Blenheim and moved down from Auckland last Christmas, initially i thought OMG what have i done, lol but its growing on me now. what school are you teaching in? Blenheim isnt much better in terms of night life but we do have a new theater did you move here on your own? feel free to PM me if you need a coffee?
Old Sep 10th 2016, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Caroline, I've sent you a PM.