British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Any new immigrants to NZ From USA?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/any-new-immigrants-nz-usa-480278/)

shepslady Sep 10th 2007 8:15 pm

Any new immigrants to NZ From USA??

Ok folks if you are out there I need a little help....or advise.
Im a kiwi living in the US/ Im in the throws of trying to organise our return to NZ. The one problem we are having is not knowing how to go about organising travel plans for our two dogs. We really have no idea where to begin. Do we contact the airlines or are there people out there who transport animals internationally for you??
We cant think about moving home without including our two beautiful girls so any info would be greatly appreciated. Even if you can just give me a gentle shove in the right direction, that too would be great!:thumbsup:

Cheers

Shepslady

Maz Sep 11th 2007 12:34 am

Re: Any new immigrants to NZ From USA??

Originally Posted by shepslady (Post 5295681)
Ok folks if you are out there I need a little help....or advise.
Im a kiwi living in the US/ Im in the throws of trying to organise our return to NZ. The one problem we are having is not knowing how to go about organising travel plans for our two dogs. We really have no idea where to begin. Do we contact the airlines or are there people out there who transport animals internationally for you??
We cant think about moving home without including our two beautiful girls so any info would be greatly appreciated. Even if you can just give me a gentle shove in the right direction, that too would be great!:thumbsup:

Cheers

Shepslady

Hiya :)

Let me dig through my thousands of e-mails (ok maybe hundreds :p ;) ) and I'll find the link to a company I got in touch with when we were considering bringing our geriatric cats with us. Seriously, they were considered "geriatric" but we found them new homes instead.

I note in your timeline that you got your green card less than 2 years ago. When do you plan on returning to NZ? We'll be over in hopefully 6 or 7 weeks. Fingers crossed. ;)

Ted Logan Sep 11th 2007 1:32 am

Hey Maz,

Did you get that job ????

shepslady Sep 11th 2007 1:35 am

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 5296277)
Hiya :)

Let me dig through my thousands of e-mails (ok maybe hundreds :p ;) ) and I'll find the link to a company I got in touch with when we were considering bringing our geriatric cats with us. Seriously, they were considered "geriatric" but we found them new homes instead.

I note in your timeline that you got your green card less than 2 years ago. When do you plan on returning to NZ? We'll be over in hopefully 6 or 7 weeks. Fingers crossed. ;)

Hi Maz

your very observant, my green card is a 10 year one issued on Nov 1st 2005 so it will be two years this coming November. I will be eligible for Citizenship towards the end of next year but we are thinking of making the move back to NZ sometime around spring next year.
You have to keep in mind I first came here in 2000 & before my 90 days were up I flew home for a few weeks then returned for another 90 days so in reality I have been here for several years & I did tell my husband I would give it two years so hes had treble that time really. While I enjoy it here Im so homesick & just cant get over that so we have made the decision that I need to be back with my family & that is our goal now. Hubby is very happy to be moving there & to bring it forward doesnt bother him at all.
Both our dogs are young & hopefully will be with us for many years to come so leaving them behind is not an option. Any info you can supply me with would be great.

Cheers
Shepslady

Maz Sep 11th 2007 1:58 am

Originally Posted by Ted Logan (Post 5296415)
Hey Maz,

Did you get that job ????

I don't know!!! :( Apparently my references were done on the phone last Friday and the transcripts have been sent to the hiring manager "for consideration" which I didn't much like the sound of, but as I was made redundant, they're probably "nice enough" but pretty non-committal. Am waiting for my credit check and background check (apparently this takes about 10 days) to be done. I only have 3 nails left! :eek:

Originally Posted by shepslady (Post 5296422)
Hi Maz

your very observant, my green card is a 10 year one issued on Nov 1st 2005 so it will be two years this coming November. I will be eligible for Citizenship towards the end of next year but we are thinking of making the move back to NZ sometime around spring next year.
You have to keep in mind I first came here in 2000 & before my 90 days were up I flew home for a few weeks then returned for another 90 days so in reality I have been here for several years & I did tell my husband I would give it two years so hes had treble that time really. While I enjoy it here Im so homesick & just cant get over that so we have made the decision that I need to be back with my family & that is our goal now. Hubby is very happy to be moving there & to bring it forward doesnt bother him at all.
Both our dogs are young & hopefully will be with us for many years to come so leaving them behind is not an option. Any info you can supply me with would be great.

Cheers
Shepslady

I know the feeling, though I'm not homesick for England! England hasn't been home since March 1992. My only link to the country now is family. I can't wait to get back to Welly and Hell Pizza actually! :lol: Whereabouts are you headed?

OK I finally found the link via Google, as I discovered I cleaned out my inbox and got rid of a bunch of sent and received e-mails that I had that were no longer of interest. Here you go!