Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Any New Expats In Christchurch

Any New Expats In Christchurch

Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:58 pm
AEG
Just Joined

AEG is a name known to allAEG is a name known to allAEG is a name known to allAEG is a name known to allAEG is a name known to allAEG is a name known to allAEG is a name known to allAEG is a name known to allAEG is a name known to allAEG is a name known to allAEG is a name known to all
Red face Any New Expats In Christchurch

Moved into Christchurch 5 weeks ago and have no social life!!!! Not working till next Feb when our 17 year old son starts school, used to work full time and had a large social circle of friends.
Anybody out there???
Old Nov 1st 2006, 11:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Any New Expats In Christchurch

Sorry, not in Christchurch just wanted to say HI and to reassure you that there are plenty like you out there, I'm sure someone from your neck of the woods will be on soon, but in the mean time, stay around and have a chat.
Apart from lack of social life, are you happy?
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 12:54 am
AEG
Just Joined

AEG is a name known to allAEG is a name known to allAEG is a name known to allAEG is a name known to allAEG is a name known to allAEG is a name known to allAEG is a name known to allAEG is a name known to allAEG is a name known to allAEG is a name known to allAEG is a name known to all
Smile Re: Any New Expats In Christchurch

Originally Posted by Jude J
Sorry, not in Christchurch just wanted to say HI and to reassure you that there are plenty like you out there, I'm sure someone from your neck of the woods will be on soon, but in the mean time, stay around and have a chat.
Apart from lack of social life, are you happy?
Yes, have planned this move for 18 months so not taken lightly. Just not use to being at home all day!! My daughter has stayed back in the UK at Uni but am looking forward to seeing her at Christmas.
Thanks for the support and I'm sure the social scene will pick up soon.
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 2:52 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AEG
Moved into Christchurch 5 weeks ago and have no social life!!!! Not working till next Feb when our 17 year old son starts school, used to work full time and had a large social circle of friends.
Anybody out there???
Hi there, I am in Chch too and also have teenage boys....Pm me if you want a chat...Sue
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 3:14 am
AEG
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Andrew Cross
Hi there, I am in Chch too and also have teenage boys....Pm me if you want a chat...Sue
Thanks Sue, do your boys play sport? and where do you go to meet new people if your not working? It's harder to meet people once your kids are older as you don't have to take and collect them from school.
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 8:57 pm
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AEG
Thanks Sue, do your boys play sport? and where do you go to meet new people if your not working? It's harder to meet people once your kids are older as you don't have to take and collect them from school.
Yes my boys play sport but mainly at school. I know what you mean about not meeting people through the schools but i have two younger ones and have met a few mums at their school, but mainly the families i have met are through my husbands work and are expats too. I dont actually know that many kiwis except at work but not really socially....
Old Nov 10th 2006, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

xpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nice

Hi - We arrive in ChCh on 3rd Dec after 5 years in Auckland. Like you I won't be working untill our 16 yr old son starts at Cashmere High in Feb ( hoping to put it off that long ! ! )
PM if you fancy meeting up after the 3rd
Old Nov 10th 2006, 3:01 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xpat19
Hi - We arrive in ChCh on 3rd Dec after 5 years in Auckland. Like you I won't be working untill our 16 yr old son starts at Cashmere High in Feb ( hoping to put it off that long ! ! )
PM if you fancy meeting up after the 3rd
One of you could always start this group: http://brit.meetup.com/cities/nz/chr...?from=loc_pick

I fully intend on starting up the Expat Brit meetup group for wherever I'm living if/when we get over there.