Reload this Page >

Any Mums in Orewa Area?

Any Mums in Orewa Area?

Old May 8th 2006, 12:30 am
Just Joined

northshoremum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any Mums in Orewa Area?

Hi,

I'm new to this site but thought that I would try and post a thread to see if there are any other mums out there that would like to meet up in the north shore / Rodney area? My husband and I moved to NZ in September 2004 and we love the lifestyle here and the people but since I've had my daughter (she is six months old) I'm starting to feel a little more isolated and miss my family in the UK - We live in Orewa and I would love to hear from anybody that would like to meet up for beach walks / coffee / chats
Old May 9th 2006, 10:14 pm
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Mums in Orewa Area?

Originally Posted by northshoremum
Hi,

I'm new to this site but thought that I would try and post a thread to see if there are any other mums out there that would like to meet up in the north shore / Rodney area? My husband and I moved to NZ in September 2004 and we love the lifestyle here and the people but since I've had my daughter (she is six months old) I'm starting to feel a little more isolated and miss my family in the UK - We live in Orewa and I would love to hear from anybody that would like to meet up for beach walks / coffee / chats
Hi,

Glad that you're enjoying NZ. Can't help personally sorry, but I know someone with children is in Orewa - I think it's Lapsed Kiwi, so may be good to give them a shout via pm. Good luck.

Also, as a mother myself, I can't recommend local toddler groups, mother & baby music classes or the like and the NZ equivalent of NCT for meeting other mums with young kiddies. Oh and the local swings of course. Found these helped loads when I moved areas a couple of years ago. And 6 months is an age where I imagine it would be great for you to have friends with babies too, plus enjoying adult company during the day. Sending a cyber hug!
Old May 10th 2006, 1:07 am
Just Joined

northshoremum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by uk+kiwi
Hi,

Glad that you're enjoying NZ. Can't help personally sorry, but I know someone with children is in Orewa - I think it's Lapsed Kiwi, so may be good to give them a shout via pm. Good luck.

Also, as a mother myself, I can't recommend local toddler groups, mother & baby music classes or the like and the NZ equivalent of NCT for meeting other mums with young kiddies. Oh and the local swings of course. Found these helped loads when I moved areas a couple of years ago. And 6 months is an age where I imagine it would be great for you to have friends with babies too, plus enjoying adult company during the day. Sending a cyber hug!
Thank you, really nice to here form you and get your good advice - Your right - I will go and find our local swings Yes, it would be really nice to meet other mums to "baby talk" with but also just to have a grown up conversation once in a while. Thanks again
Old May 10th 2006, 11:03 am
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northshoremum
Thank you, really nice to here form you and get your good advice - Your right - I will go and find our local swings Yes, it would be really nice to meet other mums to "baby talk" with but also just to have a grown up conversation once in a while. Thanks again
You are most welcome. Having read your reply I just thought I would mention that if there are any swings close to a primary school (I know they are usually on the beach though ) then I strongly suggest trying them out around school pick up times - 3.30ish?? as often mothers with a child just starting out at school have younger siblings and kids often need to get rid of excess energy after being at school all day, hence an hour at the local park!

My children love the 'roctopus' swing on the beach at Orewa (visited family at Xmas but live in UK), in fact this was their favourite park from all those we visited which although wasn't the best by a mile (although it is very good), it was the first time they went on a roctopus (in the rain!) so obviously it was a memory held close. I can simply remember being quite cold in my fleece and jeans in the December drizzle. But a fabulous setting. I love the way the parks are on the beach in NZ. Anyhow, not a swing for a 6 month old!!! You'll be surprised how time flies though. All the best. Carmen.
Old May 17th 2006, 3:24 am
New Zealand Bound

rickandkara is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Carmen

I am moving to the Hibiscus Coast at the end of June, I work full time but would love to meet up to start to get to know people around this area.

Kara

Originally Posted by uk+kiwi
You are most welcome. Having read your reply I just thought I would mention that if there are any swings close to a primary school (I know they are usually on the beach though ) then I strongly suggest trying them out around school pick up times - 3.30ish?? as often mothers with a child just starting out at school have younger siblings and kids often need to get rid of excess energy after being at school all day, hence an hour at the local park!

My children love the 'roctopus' swing on the beach at Orewa (visited family at Xmas but live in UK), in fact this was their favourite park from all those we visited which although wasn't the best by a mile (although it is very good), it was the first time they went on a roctopus (in the rain!) so obviously it was a memory held close. I can simply remember being quite cold in my fleece and jeans in the December drizzle. But a fabulous setting. I love the way the parks are on the beach in NZ. Anyhow, not a swing for a 6 month old!!! You'll be surprised how time flies though. All the best. Carmen.