British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   any good web sites for a 10yr old to visit to learn about life in NZ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/any-good-web-sites-10yr-old-visit-learn-about-life-nz-371772/)

royalsfans May 5th 2006 7:50 pm

any good web sites for a 10yr old to visit to learn about life in NZ?

We are bringing over 2 sprogglets, aged 4 & 10, the 4yr old really doesn't care where he is or what he does !! (as long as he had a bucket, spade, sand and a packet of choccie buttons ! ) However our 10yr old is very excited about moving to NZ, but i think he needs to get as much knowledge about our new country of residence as we do. the sites we find really cool and exciting he, after a few mins frankly stares at in extreme boredom. So is there any one out there who knows of such sites, books, etc, that will give him the info he needs to help him settle.

Sorry its a boring question! :zzz: will think long and hard to find one to really test your knowledge next time !!

geordie mandy May 5th 2006 8:02 pm

Re: any good web sites for a 10yr old to visit to learn about life in NZ?

Originally Posted by royalsfans
We are bringing over 2 sprogglets, aged 4 & 10, the 4yr old really doesn't care where he is or what he does !! (as long as he had a bucket, spade, sand and a packet of choccie buttons ! ) However our 10yr old is very excited about moving to NZ, but i think he needs to get as much knowledge about our new country of residence as we do. the sites we find really cool and exciting he, after a few mins frankly stares at in extreme boredom. So is there any one out there who knows of such sites, books, etc, that will give him the info he needs to help him settle.

Sorry its a boring question! :zzz: will think long and hard to find one to really test your knowledge next time !!

There seems to be a few for oz but i cant recall seeing any for NZ try childrens national geographic my 8 year old found that useful to help him with school work.
Might help but not for NZ (might have links off it)
www.australiaforkids.com.au
Mandy

royalsfans May 5th 2006 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
There seems to be a few for oz but i cant recall seeing any for NZ try childrens national geographic my 8 year old found that useful to help him with school work.
Might help but not for NZ (might have links off it)
www.australiaforkids.com.au
Mandy

Thanks Mandy, will do, mind you poor little man has to fight me and his dad of the PC before he does !!

This forum is addictive !! :D

geordie mandy May 5th 2006 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by royalsfans
Thanks Mandy, will do, mind you poor little man has to fight me and his dad of the PC before he does !!

This forum is addictive !! :D

The same in our house.
Hope you find more info for him.
Mandy