Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Any ex-pats groups meet in the Tauranga area?

Any ex-pats groups meet in the Tauranga area?

Old Mar 18th 2008, 7:21 am
Just Joined

Kirst1 is a jewel in the roughKirst1 is a jewel in the roughKirst1 is a jewel in the roughKirst1 is a jewel in the roughKirst1 is a jewel in the rough
Default Any ex-pats groups meet in the Tauranga area?

I've just moved to the area to start a new job. Feeling ickle bit homesick!! But it's sunny here!! Just wondered if there's any guys on her who live in the Tauranga who meet up???!!
Old Mar 18th 2008, 9:17 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any ex-pats groups meet in the Tauranga area?

Originally Posted by Kirst1
I've just moved to the area to start a new job. Feeling ickle bit homesick!! But it's sunny here!! Just wondered if there's any guys on her who live in the Tauranga who meet up???!!
I have attended a few meets ups in the Papamoa area when I lived in Hamilton - they are a friendly bunch and you will be made to feel very welcome
Karen
Old Mar 18th 2008, 9:24 am
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

Hi kirst,

I am here in Papamoa, and yes a few of us meet for walks, coffee's, swims or we could have an evening out too, havn't done that for a while, we don't need much encouragement. Let me know what you would like to do, what hours do you work ?
I have had visitor for last 3 weeks, but will have my house back to normal and normal routines next week, so would love to meet up.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Marika

Last edited by Marika 38; Mar 18th 2008 at 9:25 am. Reason: spelling
Old Mar 18th 2008, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

jackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nice

Originally Posted by karonious
I have attended a few meets ups in the Papamoa area when I lived in Hamilton - they are a friendly bunch and you will be made to feel very welcome
Karen
I can testify that they are indeed a friendly bunch!
Many thanks to Marika and Caroline who were kind enough to give me some of their time on my recce in Feb.
Been a bit unsettled since we came back and struggling with our feelings but will post soon with our thoughts and a few pics about our trip.
Jackie.x
Old Mar 18th 2008, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=jackietyfry;6080263]I can testify that they are indeed a friendly bunch!
Many thanks to Marika and Caroline who were kind enough to give me some of their time on my recce in Feb.
Been a bit unsettled since we came back and struggling with our feelings but will post soon with our thoughts and a few pics about our trip.
Jackie.x[/QUOT

Hi Jackie,
We are over on a recci at moment, we are on our way to Wellington today.
We stayed in Tauranga for 5 days and loved it. We have booked to come
back over the easter weekend. We looked at houses and land.
How long have you lived there? Did you look at different areas?
Sorry to ask so many questions.
Our ITA is in at the moment. We are hoping to move over July/Aug.
OH has mainly been offered jobs in the Auckland Area. But we really liked
Tauranga

Regards
Karen
Old Mar 18th 2008, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

jackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nice

[QUOTE=Kags1694;6080415]
Originally Posted by jackietyfry
Jackie.x[/QUOT

Hi Jackie,
We are over on a recci at moment, we are on our way to Wellington today.
We stayed in Tauranga for 5 days and loved it. We have booked to come
back over the easter weekend. We looked at houses and land.
How long have you lived there? Did you look at different areas?
Sorry to ask so many questions.
Our ITA is in at the moment. We are hoping to move over July/Aug.
OH has mainly been offered jobs in the Auckland Area. But we really liked
Tauranga

Regards
Karen
Sorry Karen,
we havent actually moved to NZ - although we are very much thinking we might at some point. Probably not an option just yet.
We spent all of Feb over there and travelled quite widely but it probably gave us more questions than answers!
Anyway enjoy your travels and safe driving!
Jackie.x
Old Mar 18th 2008, 10:17 pm
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jackietyfry
Jackie.x
Hi Jackie,
glad you home safe and sound, was lovely to meet you, just sorry we couldn't impress you with our weather that day, do you remember, I have never seen such a horrid day here. I hope you had great time in rest of NZ, I'll look forward to pics. Hope your feelings settle soon, and that you can reach a decision on NZ.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 8:32 am
Just Joined

Kirst1 is a jewel in the roughKirst1 is a jewel in the roughKirst1 is a jewel in the roughKirst1 is a jewel in the roughKirst1 is a jewel in the rough

Marika

That sounds like welcome news to me!! I would love to meet up for any activity with you guys. I work pretty usual hours of 0800-1700 M-F so am free to meet up any evening and weekends that folks are up for. What do you suggest???!!

Originally Posted by Marika 38
Hi kirst,

I am here in Papamoa, and yes a few of us meet for walks, coffee's, swims or we could have an evening out too, havn't done that for a while, we don't need much encouragement. Let me know what you would like to do, what hours do you work ?
I have had visitor for last 3 weeks, but will have my house back to normal and normal routines next week, so would love to meet up.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Marika
Old Mar 19th 2008, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kirst1
Why not visit Dougie's "English" butchers shop in Parton Road Papamoa. Introduce yourself. Marika will tell you its a very friendly shop and they will help you all they can.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 8:43 am
Just Joined

I haven't found that yet! That's somewhere I'll have a look out for! Cheers. It's definitely a lovely area.

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson
Why not visit Dougie's "English" butchers shop in Parton Road Papamoa. Introduce yourself. Marika will tell you its a very friendly shop and they will help you all they can.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 10:05 am
Cornish Lass

Hi Kirst,
I will PM you my mobile number, if you txt me then i will have yours too, and we'll arrange something for next week,
See you soon, if i don't see you before the weekend, have a good Easter Break.