Reload this Page >

any carpenters out there

any carpenters out there

Old Oct 29th 2007, 8:02 pm
Just Joined

the hutchings family is an unknown quantity at this point
Default any carpenters out there

Hi eveyone,
I am a carpenter/joiner looking to move to NZ in the next year or so, was wondering if anyone knew how the qualifications we gain over here compare to the ones New zealand use, I have an NVQ level 3 in carpentry and joinery and also have also got a licenciate membership of the institute of carpenters.
Are these recognised in new zealand?
Old Oct 29th 2007, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

jads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to all
Default Re: any carpenters out there

Originally Posted by the hutchings family
Hi eveyone,
I am a carpenter/joiner looking to move to NZ in the next year or so, was wondering if anyone knew how the qualifications we gain over here compare to the ones New zealand use, I have an NVQ level 3 in carpentry and joinery and also have also got a licenciate membership of the institute of carpenters.
Are these recognised in new zealand?
hi

I have city and guilds level 2. had to be assessed by nzqa. you should be ok. What stage are you at, be prepared for a slow process if you need assessment. Where are you heading in NZ, do you have a job offer.

Good Luck

Cheers Jads
Old Oct 29th 2007, 10:35 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Christchurch is screaming out for carpenters!! - anyone qualified with experience shouldn't have any probs at all getting a job offer.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 12:15 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Welcome to this forum Hutchings family.

Yes. Your C&G 3 + will be fine for you to come into NZ under the skilled migrant category.
Your qualifications will not need to be assessed by NZQA - the qualification authority here. I take it you have several years trade experience under your belt. 5 years plus on the tools is what is often looked for.

There is plenty of work throughout Nz for carpenters, so you will have no problem finding a job.

A C&G2 wold need assessment to see what NZQA level it comes out at. This is because NZIS want to see a certain level before they will award points for trade qualifications.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 8:42 pm
Just Joined

the hutchings family is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: any carpenters out there

Thanks for all of your comments that has cleared a few things up for me, didn`t want to pay a fortune to be assesed then to be told that we didn`t have a chance so thanks for that guys. Not to sure where we will end up, although when we came to visit in `05 we liked Aukland and Bay of plenty so keeping options open for now. We are looking to immigrate in the next 18 months or so. coming out with a 6 year old and a 3 year old.