Reload this Page >

Is any Canadians in this forum who moved to NZ

Is any Canadians in this forum who moved to NZ

Old Aug 1st 2016, 11:07 pm
Just Joined

Man in blue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is any Canadians in this forum who moved to NZ

Hello guys,

Is any Canadians here in this forum, who moved over to live in New Zealand?
What can you say about NZ comparable with Canada.
My family and I are planning to move over to NZ, and any opinions is important to us.
Thank you.
Old Aug 1st 2016, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is any Canadians in this forum who moved to NZ

Originally Posted by Man in blue
Hello guys,
Is any Canadians here in this forum, who moved over to live in New Zealand?
What can you say about NZ comparable with Canada.
My family and I are planning to move over to NZ, and any opinions is important to us. Thank you.
From what I recall of New Zealand from my visits, you might find their grammar slightly different from what you are used to...
Old Aug 1st 2016, 11:26 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I know a couple of Canadians here. They seem to be happy and settled. One is into mountain biking in a big way.
Old Aug 7th 2016, 4:45 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

I work with a few. One from Guelph, one from Barrie and the other proper rural Ontario but moved to Blenheim for school ?
Two of them wanted to get away from the Canadian winters and the vastly different temperature range you can get over a 24hr period and of course because they got good job offers with relocation packages. The other just came for an adventure after he retired early in Canada, initially for 5 years but still loving it here so far and has just bought a house. Out of the three, one hasn't yet returned home in 4.5 years and the other two go back once per year for 4 or 5 weeks holiday every year without fail as they still love it in their home country but at the moment would rather live in NZ.
Old Aug 7th 2016, 9:36 am
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute

I'm Canadian and spent 5 years in NZ before moving to Australia. Didn't move for the weather or anything, I wanted a change in my life so I found a new country and went there. Probably from start to finish it took me 3 months to shift to NZ, which included job interview, visa application, and one-way flight.

Life in NZ was pretty easy (above-average single income, no kids), of course there are challenges like everywhere else. I probably could have stayed in Wellington or New Plymouth, but I have wandering feet. I left to work in the mining industry in Australia.