Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Any advice for a newcomer?

Any advice for a newcomer?

Old Aug 4th 2006, 11:00 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Any advice for a newcomer?

Originally Posted by daviesl
Having never been there I'm not too sure until we got over there and have a nosey around. From looking on the web though Papamoa Beach area looks like a pretty nice choice
We visited this Spring - check out our blog - Papamoa is one of the fastest property price rise areas - check out www.ljhooker.co.nz/locality and putting in Papamoa and www.dbh.govt.nz and try tenancy services if your looking to rent - will give you average rental prices by area. Know ex-pats settled in Welcome Bay which they reckon is fab.
Old Aug 6th 2006, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

daviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to all
Default Re: Any advice for a newcomer?

Are you from Telford too then? visited - or do you just have an obsession with teddy bears and bridges????

I think a beach on my doorstep rather than a dirty river severn is something to look forward to, although the bar and cafe culture in ironbidge is also growing, but after thinking long and hard (2 seconds) I still Tauranga has more appeal.
Old Aug 13th 2006, 9:51 am
Freak of nature

asiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud of

Are you from Telford too then? visited - or do you just have an obsession with teddy bears and bridges????
No, but a mate of mine once owned Coalport Railway Station, so I've been to Shropshire quite a few times and a very nice place it is too.

You probably already know that Ironbridge is a World Heritage site.
http://www.ironbridge.ws/

Not sure if there are any World Heritage sites in NZ. Anyone out there know?
Old Aug 13th 2006, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asiatic
No, but a mate of mine once owned Coalport Railway Station, so I've been to Shropshire quite a few times and a very nice place it is too.

You probably already know that Ironbridge is a World Heritage site.
http://www.ironbridge.ws/

Not sure if there are any World Heritage sites in NZ. Anyone out there know?
Te Wahipounamu – South West New Zealand (1990) 17
Tongariro National Park (1990, 1993)
New Zealand Sub-Antarctic Islands (1998)
http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/
Old Sep 9th 2006, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ash1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Any advice for a newcomer?

Having never been there I'm not too sure until we got over there and have a nosey around. From looking on the web though Papamoa Beach area looks like a pretty nice choice
Hi
Papamoa is a lovely area we were there in dec05/jan06 loved it we have friends who live there, plenty to do they have just opened a new indoor swimming pool there are 2 shopping malls the area has grown in development since we were there more houses, malls etc. There are some nice cafes ets at the mount end. Plus you only have a short drive to Tauranga which is busier, more restaurants.
We are hoping to move out in November 06, got excepted in Jan06 on business visa, just waiting for the house sale to go through. We are undecided where to settle, we like Papamoa and helps having friends there, but also want to have a look at Hawkes bay area. We also went up northland in Dec 05/Jan 06 beautiful and the weather fantastic. We have 2 children aged 12yrs and 8yrs. Prob rent a campervan in Nov and have a good look around and home tutor the kids.
Good luck.